“I liked it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of COLONIAL - Cuisine & Molecular

COLONIAL - Cuisine & Molecular
Jl. Pangeran Antasari Kav.36, Kemang | Lippo Mall Kemang, UG - OD 11, Jakarta 12150, Indonesia
+62 21290568912
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #170 of 5,464 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: French, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A 1930ish uniquely rustic ambiance enjoyed and appreciated by most.A 15 Meter Bar offering novel & taste exploding Molecular Drinks along with a long range of cocktails, mock-tails, Coffee, Tea, Juices and mixers !(Google Article - Molecular mixology strikes Jakarta byMary Baines, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Feature | Wed, February 13 2013, 11:58 AM)Wine list offers variety available in the country at moderate pricing. A full range of french cuisine menu offers fine & delicately cooked meals comparable with the best in the region ! A separate page offers alternatives of Asian-Indian select tasteful meals added with a dedicated page for the vegetarians.An immaculate outdoor sitting rejuvenates senses adding further joy to the peak with its food, drinks, ambiance, and music.
Caracas, Venezuela
“I liked it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went for mothers day and had the menu for the special occasion. No regrets! The roast beef was excellent and the deserts: profiterol and sorbets very nice. Oh the bread is warm and home made! The place has lovely ambiance, not loud and if you want there is also a terrace. I liked it!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
COLONIALJakarta, Director of Sales at COLONIAL - Cuisine & Molecular, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear PATRON,

We heartily appreiate your valuable comments.

Our efforts are continuing to make it a memorable, enjoyable and unique experience.

Best wishes.

“Small portion, good quality and expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my gf for a lunch, the quality of he food was good with an excellent service but the size of the portions were very small and the price much expensive.
I don't recommend this restaurant considering the average price it's overpriced (a little bit better quality but much more expensive)

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
COLONIALJakarta, Director of Sales at COLONIAL - Cuisine & Molecular, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Patron,

We like to thank you for your visit and appreciate your comments about good food quality and service.

We also note your comments for food being small in portions, and perhaps for that reason you found price bit on higher side.

It's necessary to highlight that we are a French Fine (Casual) Dining therefore portions are according to practice in such restaurants, and that most of our ingredients are imported making the experience bit more expensive. On top our venue costs being one of the expensive, to stay afloat in business to continue to cater to our patrons, we have to cover all the costs we incur. We have compared our menu items that are distinctly different from our industry peers, and find that we are either at par or below the comparable F&B establishments in same quality.

We like to invite you once again to experience quality we provide and feel free to speak to us to address any concerns or questions you might have.

With our gratitude.

Director F&B.
Madison, Wisconsin
“So far so good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Been at Colonial twice, both times for desserts.
So far so good.
Also try the Molecular Cocktails, definitely worth the try!
Nice ambiance, spacious, although wishing that smoking section is actually outside, instead of inside. Feel like the non-smokers are being punished and must sit outside.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta
“Impeccable Gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

One of my guest from Singapore commented about quality of high end restaurants we visited "I can't believe Jakarta has come with with such high standards and yet at affordable prices."

I revisited Coloial, and truly to my astonishment, my jaw dropped observing how the place has further reached new highs in quality of food, drinks and service !

I was there today and enjoyed every minute there sitting outdoors atop with superb view of the green areas, we for spent almost Rp 5 Juta, leaving no Molecular from trying....

Kudos to Geetika and the team. Keep it going. Those who raised eyebrows on service must visit for a new testimony.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“The French Kohinoor of Jakarta.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I am rushed to make this review while in the restaurant, couldn't just resist to make salute & pay tribute for this place.

1) Molecular - don't miss the B52, Hemoglobin and The Grinch.

2) Lychee Martini, Pisang Keju....

3) Beef Cheek, Tender loin Rossini, Atlantic Cod, Jamon Iberico..... from the main menu, Chicken Biryani, Lamb do Piaja,And more from the Asian Menu.... I am sure many more.

4) Chocolate Fondant, Souffle...... Deconstructed Pisang Goreng.

I can't express my feelings, I am full yet want to eat more....

I am coming again and again.....

Highly recommended for all groups.