“Modern Hotel with excellent value” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Hayam Wuruk No 36 37, Jakarta 10120, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Grand NYE's Package
Ranked #27 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta
“Modern Hotel with excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here for one night and had a great time.
Nice and efficient front desk staff.
friendly doorman.
Room (superior) is good enough. Modern bathroom (no bathtub).
clean and nice towel.
generous for complimentary mineral water (got 4 bottles of mineral water)
best location (next to mc donalds that open for 24hours)
negative:
even i have got room in 11th floor but still noisy coming from 24hours busy street.
Hotel need put double window glasses to avoid noise from street

Room Tip: higher floor have less noise from 24hours busy street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

5 star hotels in Jakarta are very expensive and this hotel was a great find. Our stay here would have been perfect if it weren't for the staff responsible for the morning wake-up call.

We checked-in around 8.00pm after a flight from Surabaya and were so happy to discover we'd made a great choice as it is a new property and the rooms are big and clean. A perfect place to relax and get some sleep after a long holiday in Java and before our flight back to Hong Kong.

We ordered in-room dining and the food was just ok. We then requested a wake-up call for the following morning for 5.45am to give us enough time to catch our flight at 8.40am back to Hong Kong. About an hour later we received a text from Cathay informing us the flight was delayed by half an hour. My husband then called to request a change in the wake-up call to 6.15am. Just to be sure there was no misunderstanding he repeated his request two more times - the cancellation time and new wake-up call time. Despite this we got a first wake-up call at 5.45am. We received a verbal apology when we brought this to the attention of the staff when checking-out within the following hour.

In our previous experiences hotels have been more forthcoming and considerate when offering compensation for unsatisfactory services.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My friend put me at this hotel. Stayed here for 2 nights. About 30 - 40 mins from airport. depending on the famous Jakarta traffic. Lovely view, room spacious enough, modern facilities. Free Wi-fi in rooms and lobby. Friendly staff. Centrally Located.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
H8535GM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Kenneth,

Warm Greetings from Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni.

Thank you for your feedback which posted and shared to the TripAdvisor readers.

It is a pleasure for us to hear that our guests are satisfied with our products and our service levels.

We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Bogor, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I visited this hotel by curiosity as I knew it just open several weeks ago and offer very attractive rates even on the week-end.

The hotel is easily accessible, few hundred meters from the Monas, which makes it not far from business area (Jl Thamrin), shopping malls (Grand Indonesia, Plaza Indonesia), Museums, old city and hot nightlife venues of north Jakarta.
The staff is smiling and welcoming. The service is on overall good but there is still space for improvement which is usual for a just open hotel.

Public areas and rooms are very spacious, clean and fresh.

The room is big and offer all we can expect: quiet, comfortable bed, big closet, desk, sofa chair, big bathroom with many amenities + minibar, safety box, wifi etc.. The big window gives a nice few on the city.
The decor is very minimalist: walls, ground and furnitures white / cream / light grey, not event a picture on the wall or a touch of color . Some people may feel a bit "cold".

On overall I was very satisfied with my stay and will certainly recommend this hotel which is an excellent value for money.
I haven't yet tested the F&B but will do during my next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
H8535GM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Mr. Antoine-W-81,

Warm greetings from Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni

Thank you very much for your positive review. It’s a great pleasure to welcoming you at the hotel, when we just opened a few months. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed to spend your time during your stay in Jakarta.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best regards,
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was relieved to see this hotel being built, as it is a few seconds' walk from the office complex I am usually visiting (in Jakarta, being able to walk anywhere is quite rare). I stayed for three nights here on a business trip, and despite the shortcomings, will probably return just because of the location.

The entrance and lobby are smart and modern. Finally the bar now has a license, so you can have a drink or coffee down here, although it can't really be called a "cosy" bar. The interior deco of the entire hotel is a sort of brindled marble, light grey with various patterns on it. Nice and light - a contrast to the tired wood panelling of the standard 90s Hilton look-and-feel, but also a little bit cold in places.

As some other reviewers have said, check-in is still not smooth. An awful lot of typing and clicking needs to go on. I was also told that my credit card could not be used for guarantee as it was "not a credit card". it is a credit card, just a combined cash card and visa like many banks supply; I only ever use this card for guarantee at hotels. I didn't have time to argue so paid the room up-front. Later, the first time I needed to pay for room service, they asked me for a guarantee card over the phone...and then they accepted the same card just fine.

It seems that staff have been trained to look for certain details about something, but are reluctant to exercise any common sense or discretion when something doesn't fit with the expected flow of the check-in process.

Room-wise: This hotel is essentially a Novotel, minus one star. The "superior" (basic) room is almost identical to a new Novotel template; very large bathroom (a third of the size of the bedroom area) with a monsoon shower, well-designed open-plan section with a full length mirror, mini-bar, tea and coffee, small casual table, armchair. Novotel features you don't get: Designer branded toiletries, Espresso maker, or electronic shower screen. The birch furniture and decor is a little cheap-feeling.

One thing missing was an iron and ironing board, or any press. No problem for them not to be in every room, that I completely understand. But to not have them *on request*? I don't think I have ever stayed in a business hotel, let alone one claiming to be five star, that does not keep at least one ironing board on the premises. I thought this was quite unacceptable.

I did not have breakfast in the restaurant this time, but in-room, and it was decent and delivered on time. Most of the other times I used room service, although it was prompt, the staff coming to the door either did not understand how to deal with many common questions, or had a poor command of English, or both. I can speak some Indonesian which is the only way I could manage to converse with one of the housekeeping staff about the time it would take to return laundry.

The Grand Mercure isn't particularly cheap in its segment, and to keep the prices they are asking, I hope the service levels continue improving.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had booked this hotel in October 2012 (not opened yet at that time) for my stay in January 2013.

I booked the Family suite since according to the reservation personnel (I booked through phone), I am entitled to all of the extra perks e.g. breakfast at the Executive Lounge, complimentary cocktails etc. This was also specifically mentioned in the hotel brochures!!!

FYI, I am not a difficult person to please, but when someone promised me things like this, and I decided to go ahead with the booking with this hotel based on all these, I expect all of that to be included, right? I am not asking too much (for the price I have paid)!!!

But to my DISAPPOINTMENT, when I checked in, there was NO personalized check in, and to my HORROR, I was told that the Executive Lounge is NOT ready yet???!!!!

How could this be??!!! Did the reservation officer/manager was not informed at all about the Exec Lounge that is NON-EXISTENT!!!!

Although I have to give credit to the room which was in good condition and satisfactory, I just couldn't accept the fact that they 'lied' to me on that particular 'perks'!!!!

I might as well stayed at a lesser hotel nearby for a cheaper price.

And I don't even want to talk about the breakfast, if you know what I mean...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel is new and located in the busy Kota area. I moved to this hotel after cancelling my rooms in Mercure Kota (read my review of that hotel!). The rooms are clean, new and has a nice minimalist design. The bathroom is also large, and well equipped. The bed is comfortable. Generally the hotel has great rooms. But that's about all they have.

The service is inconsistent at best. Perhaps because they were new. The staff were generally friendly and smiled a lot. But were obviously not very well trained - questions were not well answered. A case in point is the restaurant. There were mosquitoes at my table and when I told the servers about it, they gave me a nice, genuine smile, walked away and never came back!

As an LeClub Platinum member, I requested for an upgrade at checkin and was told that I would have to pay the price difference to do so. At check out I called to ask if I can keep the room till 3pm as I had a night flight to catch. Again, after waiting for the receptionist to consult the duty manager, I was told that the hotel do not have such facilities for LeClub members. For that, I was told, I would have to stay in a Sofitel and Pullman.

Ultimately, Grand Mercure Harmoni could have been a better product, if only service is more consistent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
H8535GM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Mr. William,

Thank you for your comment.

Customer satisfaction is our priority set of the team Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni.

In regards to the LeClub Platinum member, we already brief it personally to the Department concern and make sure the guest get the benefit of it.

Thank you very much for taking time to write a comment.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future in Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni.

Best Regards,

Christophe B. Keramaris

Been to Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni? Share your experiences!