“One of The Great Premium Pork Cheek and Pork Katsu in Town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Santouka Ramen

Santouka Ramen
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28-30 | Plaza Indonesia Level 5 # E11, Jakarta 10350, Indonesia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #173 of 5,452 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Japanese, Noodle Shop
Description: Recently opened ramen place. Have several outlets already in overseas.
Serpong, Indonesia
“One of The Great Premium Pork Cheek and Pork Katsu in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I come to this ramen restaurant at the weekend with my friend. I have heard and read most of the good reviews about this restaurant. Since I really love pork, I decide to try it.

I try pork katsu curry rice and for me, it's the one of the best pork katsu in town. I know their specialty is ramen but I have heard so many great talks about their katsu and it's true. The texture is really good, you can even taste the perfect pork in it. The curry sauce itself is not the best one but still can complete the pork katsu taste.
The other food we order here is premium pork cheek ramen. It's also one of the great pork foods in town. You have to try it and you will understand what I was saying here.

The place itself is not really large, it's limited and I believe it will be full at lunch and dinner time. So, make sure you come here early before that time if you don't to be in queue line.

Their service is good, they really help you to make orders and serves you fast. Since this store is in a mall, they don't have any outdoor seating and scenic views.

Is it the best ramen in town? I don't think so but if you are ramen/katsu lover, you should try this one especially its katsu and premium pork cheek. The price is a bit high but the water is free.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Jakarta
“Best pork ramen so far. At least in central jakarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Best pork ramen so far. At least in central jakarta - you should try the pork cheek ramen, they even have iberico pork cheek!

Visited November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I am say I disagree with most of the good reviews here. I do have high expectation for ramen. Santouka Ramen is very well known brand highly popular in Singapore as well. I have went to this joint in Plaza Indonesia for 3 times. From hoping till finally realising that it is just not going to be what I hope for. The soup taste too salty. Makes you want to drink a lot of water. The pork cheeks is nice. The price is ridiculous expensive. Over rated.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Price that stunned you, portion that make you want to eat more... But not in a good way”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

One Sunday I went to the Kelapa Gading Mall and saw that it finally opened. It was about lunch time so we decided to try it. The restaurant was packed so our expectation were high.

The decor is modern Japanese with its dark wall and wooden furniture. The staff were professional and helpful, so so far so good...

The biggest surprise happened when we opened the menu and saw the prices. They were expensive! The ramen has two sizes and the smaller size is the same prices as the average price of a big bowl of ramen in other places. I asked how small is the small bowl is and the waiter told us is about the size of a small packet of instant noodle and I was inwardly groaning.

The ramen itself was not bad, certainly not the best but not the worst either, but still with that portion size I was not satisfied. at least the water is free. I ended up eating something else afterward

Visited September 2013
Everywhere
“Best ramen in the Golden Triangle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

There is better ramen elsewhere in Jakarta, but this is by far the best in the Golden Triangle area, and you'd need to drive close to an hour to get to the better establishments (which is a high price to pay with your time). Count on spending at least $10-15 per person for a meal, which is expensive for ramen even in Jakarta, but like I said, you'd need to pay with your time to get to the better-value restaurants.

It's worth noting that there is only one option for people who want non-pork ramen. Other downtown ramen establishments have better halal options, but frankly Santouka's ramen is tastier.

• Visited September 2013