“Not the best but it Worth for money , and location is great.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Sahid Jaya Hotel

You added Grand Sahid Jaya Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Sahid Jaya Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Jenderal Sudirman kav. 86, Jakarta 10220, Indonesia (Tanah Abang)   |
Ranked #234 of 332 Hotels in Jakarta
“Not the best but it Worth for money , and location is great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I live in bali , went to jakarta for meeting in sudirman area, I stayed there for 2 nites, the hotel is not new but The lobby is nice and cozy eventhough is not so luxury , and i spent 1 evening listening to the local singer in d lobby and it was quite cozy and pleasant spending 1,5 hours enjoying a few glasses of red wine, the room is furnished with wooden classic furniture. It looked a bit out of date , but it was fine with me , since it was well maintained , coz i love wooden furniture and the room' ac is cold enough for me.
Service was good when I was asking a room safe deposit box , since the hotel does only provided as per requested. And the extra 3 bottles mineral water was sent to my room in less than 15 minutes with no extra charges . Coz i drink a lot of water.
The location is in d prime location, sudirman road and close by to the most prestige malls in jakarta such as plaza indonesia and grand indonesia. I could not find any 5 star hotel in that location with that pricing. One last thing , i did enjoyed the breafast buffet in d hotel , huge selections and food quality was tremendous top class for that sort of room rate. Food Hygienes was quite high standard , coz i saw an expart chef there in out the buffet room checking on the buffet. I do recommend for people want to spend budget price for 5 star hotel in d prime location in jakarta with old classic wooden furniture

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Selangor, Selangor, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I'm strongly not recommended this hotel to others because this hotel is very old, dirty and terrible. The staff also very rude to us especially from house keeping department. We was asking the staff to arrange the bed nicely, but surprisingly that old man from house keeping just gave the blanket to us and said that we need to arrange by our self with rude attitude. Agreed with others the room is smell like used stocking..The carpet is very dirty...They are still using old furniture. I'm very shocked when i saw the tv..they are still using CRT tv...which i never seen before...How come they in ranking 5 stars hotel? Please the rest, don't be fooled....Never, never, stay in Grand Sahid Hotel...

Room Tip: No tip...this hotel very terrible...Please find others hotel...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

My dad made a booking for 5 rooms for our family trip to Jakarta.

I stayed there before and thought it was a bit old but they said they just had an upgrade so I went on with it.

When I arrived I was very impressed with their new lobby, however when we arrived to the rooms (even the lifts) it looked like it hasnt been touched since 1978!

Our room was on the 16th floor and we could smell the stale stench of damp carpet and we were given a twin bedded room instead of a single king bed.

The furniture was very dated and creaky, however the linens were clean. The pillows were old and lumpy and they only gave 2 Pillows per room.

The tv (from the 80s) played random
Channels and most of the channels had bad signal.

The tea making facilities were dirty. We had to wash our kettle a few times because there were yucky smelly grime stuck to the bottom of the kettle.

We were only given 1 breakfast coupon per day. So we hardly ate in the hotel.

We did not request to change room because the other 4 rooms occupied by my family members is just as bad.

This hotel is 5 star, yes but 30 years ago. Now it's a black hole.

I will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012
Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stayed 1 night at grand sahid because attending a wedding reception here.
We asked for no smoking room, but the corridor in that floor is smelly, feels like at the smoking room's floor.
Room is old, and smell like old sofa.
The shower curtain got mold, the water closet not clean, got some mold too. The shower switch between the shower and bathtub were broken, so we need to use a spoon to switch it to bathtub mode.
Towels need replacement, the colour is already yellow. They didnt provide hand towel.
If you would like to stay here, bring your own towels.

Breakfast is average.

Overall, room looks like a 3 star hotel instead of 5 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
大阪
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

It is a slightly old hotel, but the atmosphere is good.
I was able to be satisfied enough.

There is in the city, but there is not the institution which I can go on foot.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Midland, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My vacation from August 30th. To September 14th.-2011 took me to Bali, Surabaya
and finally Jakarta.
This hotel was the last place I stayed in before going back to Canada.
Compared to 2007, the lobby/reception area has improved quite a bit and looked very nice,
this however cannot be said about the bedrooms.
The first room they gave me had brown running water...
Thanks to Denise, the floor manager I got another room.
Unfortunately the room I stayed in didn’t see renovations since the hotel was built in the 70’s.
They assured me that all the rooms are under renovation, an urgent necessity to say the least.
I had planned to stay at Le Meridien, but because of the busy time of year (Idul Fitri) there was no vacancy, and I was forced to stay at this hotel once again.
Positive are the in house restaurants, food was very good and staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms till the 4th. floor have apparently been renovated
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have travel on business trip last week.Price is very expensive but hotel is really rundown
I have book the airport transfer service but i did not see any taxi with my name in the airport and i waited for 30 min for nothing.At last i decided to hire a cab myself.

The hotel outer look and lobby looks ok but when u reach the room, you will be like shock.Rooms is very run down with no maintenance.Luckily the bed and toilet is clean.
But the facilities in the room is very old.14"CRT TV, which is hard to find it nowadays..the room is stuff with a old smell...luckily i was flu that day therefore i din really smell it or else it will be a sleepless night for me...there is no in room safe as well...The aircon is a bit weird, when i reach the room it was at 0c and i adjusted to 20c until 30c, but there is still no diff, i was so cold at the night....
But the good things is, breakfast is quite sumptious, a lot of food available, even i saw cherry was provided...too bad i was sick and i onyl go for the fruits
Since jakarta was so jam, and my office is only opposite there, i have no choice to stay there...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Grand Sahid Jaya Hotel? Share your experiences!