“Upgrade to Club Suite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #104 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta
Sydney, Australia
“Upgrade to Club Suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed her June 16 / 17. Booked Club King suite which gave us a corner suite on level 17. Huge space - separate living and dining area, guest powder room, huge bedroom and huge bathroom. We loved it. And the upgrade cost is not that much. Highly recommended.

The hotel is aging and we saw one of the standard guest rooms which was pretty ordinary. But the top suites clearly don't get used that often so they are in good shape and great value.

Club Room was great for complimentary drinks and snacks at the end of the day.

Staff and service were very good.

Overall a positive experience and I would return and rebook a club king suite.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a club king suite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Peter P,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Jakarta and we appreciate for taking your time to convey positive feedback. We are pleased that you have a pleasant experience while staying with us.
Please be informed that we plan to rejuvenate several guest floors, so on your next visit we hope you will experience a different atmosphere when you stay with us.

Once again, thank you for staying and look forwards to welcoming you back at the Crowne Plaza Jakarta.

With regards,
on behalf on management Crowne Plaza Jakarta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

It was a excellent property in the golden triangle .. just off Jalan Sudirman. I had business meetings with many banks which were mostly on Jalan Sudirman so locationally it was very convenient for me. The HOtel is one of the older properties, but the rooms were plush and cozy. The breakfast was good, a mixture of American Breakfast with some Japanese and Indonesian items thrown in. We had dinner at one of the restaurants and food was good and not very expensive. Also if you want to have local food this place is very near to Pan Pacific mall where there are some great restaurants offering local cuisine. Also the Plaza Semanggi mall is just next to the hotel so if you need any thing you know where to go.
Service was excellent, we were here for two days and they allowed us a late checkout at 4 pm as we had a evening flight. There is a pub at the back of the lobby, but as it is newly opened you will hardly find any crowd there. However they had a live band playing on the day we were there and we had a god time.
I ll definitely come back here if I were in Jakarta.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear H3LLBLAZ3R,

Thank you for your positive review, guest satisfaction is of utmost important to us and we will ensure that our guests are offered the highest level of service and comfort for their pleasant experience during their entire stay.

Indeed, Stingray Club & Lounge is the latest addition to hotel existing facilities which were opened in early April 2012. The club features an International home band and live DJ performances. It also features Friday special performers with different themes where lively crowd of Jakarta nightclubbers will be met.

Once again, thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Jakarta. We hope to meet again on your next visit to Jakarta.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days. Firstly I have to say the staff were excellent and very helpful. The hotel is fine, but the rooms especially are old and tired. Compared to a number of other 5-star hotels in Jakarta this one doesn't come up to their standard.
There was at least 2 nights with no air onditioning in the room - not what you expect at a 5-star.
Unfortunately I won't be in a hurry to go back.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear IainR,

Firstly, we are pleased that you were satisfied with our staff services during your stay at Crowne Plaza Jakarta and thank you for your feedback.

Room refurbishment of several guest floors is already in our plan for this year. Hopefully you will see a fresher look of our rooms on your next visit.

In regards to no air conditioner in the room, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused as it is pertinent that we performed the essential maintenance to ensure guest conveniences.

Again, thank you for the feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Jakarta.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is one of the worst 5 star hotel in Jakarta.

Dirty bath tub is there for the sake of being there. Its clearly not one that you would there lie down after a day of work or shopping. I have stayed here many times and I can tell you, almost all rooms are the same!

Wifi issue. My room comes with free wifi. I called the reception and they transfered my call to a third party wifi company. They checked and told me the hotel did not update my last name in the system. With that solved, they told me I need to call the reception to update that I have free wifi. I called the reception and before i know, they transfer my call back to the third party company. All these investigation, calling back, and calling to different parties took me close to 20 minutes before I can have my wifi connection.

The hotel room does not have any do not disturb sign or make up room sign. Every morning, the hotel staff will knock on your door and wake you up from your sleep just to check if they can clean the room.

Lousy service. On my last trip in the same hotel, I called for towel and waited for 30 minutes without getting it. I called again, waited for another 15 minutes, and again it didnt come. A third call was needed for something so simple.

Room Tip: Don't choose the hotel!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Eldwin,

Thank you for your feedback, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

We will convey your comments to the Department concerned to take serious action. Your feedback will certainly motivate us to improve and provide better services for our guests.

In regard to Wi-Fi service, please be informed that we have just installed the wifi connection through out our hotel building. Rest assured, our staff are still under continuous training about the overall system so as they can assist hotel guest smoothly.

Again, our apology for the unpleasant experience and hope it will not deter you from staying at Crowne Plaza Jakarta. Thank you and we hope to serve you better on your next visit.

Best regards,
on behalf of management Crowne Plaza Jakarta
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed with friends here for 3 nights. Clean and Spacious room with really nice staf. Location is right there in the middle of everything, I mean it's easy to get to anywhere n Jakarta. Breakfast was good with again, really nice staf. Had a little problem with shower head that just couldn't hold up, you either hold it or just let it hang loose and the water goes everywhere. But heck...we just used this hotel to sleep as we often went out to have fun. This hotel is old but still maintain it's charm. Security was good as they tried to check every vehicle that entered the hotel. Stay here if you need hotel to sleep and go out for fun in jakarta.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Ootgoody,

Thank you for the time to convey your positive feedback . We are pleased that you had a pleasant experience during your stay and take your comment about our staff service as a compliment. We will reiterate room checking procedure to our Housekeeping Department to ensure that facilities and service in guest rooms are in their prime condition so as our guest will have overall satisfaction throughout their stay.

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Jakarta. We look forward to your next visit.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I'm planning to use my Reward Night on Crowne Plaza Jakarta and I intend to upgrade the room to their club suite by paying the upgrade cost. I phoned to the hotel and it seems that it would be the first time for them that there's a customer who would upgrade their reward night so they seemed confuse in answering how much should I pay for the upgrade. However, All of the staffs; both on reservations and club floor are great. They reply all my questions in enthusiastic manner.

Finally, the hotel told me that since Reward Night was valued at $ 0, therefore I have to pay full price of the Club Suite. They offered me that the additional cost that I have to paid is $254.10.

I checked the price for the Club Suite on the website (for the same date) and the rates are: $154.28 (Adv. Purchased Rate) and $205.70 (Flexible Rate). It's the first time for me redeem points on Reward Night but I don't think I need math teacher or high-qualified business stragety manager to consider which alternative is best. Losing PCR Points plus paying even higher than their flexible rate is not a wise decision by the hotel. I believe that it might lose potential income if they continue practicing such action. I also asked some of my friends abroad who redeem their PCR points and they usually simply pay only the difference between the standard room and the room that they intend to upgrade.

I usually never stay on standard room during redeeming my free night on other hotel chain. I usually upgrade my free night room to their higher category so I will get their best services while the hotel could generate more cash since I knew that there's no such thing as a free lunch. Unluckily for me, perhaps it's the first time for the hotel in handling such case so they might have not knowing best policy to handle such problems. For other PC members who would upgrade your reward night here, please ask them first in advance for best possible solutions. Hopefully this feedback would make the Crowne Plaza Jakarta to change their policy on upgrading cost for Reward Night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Virtualaris

Thank you for your valuable comment in regards to upgrading reward night redemption procedure and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In fact, room upgrade procedure is in place, however, our Front Office staffs fail to implement the procedure correctly. Rest assured that the matter has been addressed and reiterated by our Priority Club Rewards (PCR) Champion to prevent from recurring in the future.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we hope the matter will not deter you from staying at Crowne Plaza Jakarta.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

The friendliness and attentiveness of the staff of this hotel cannot be emphasized enough! Everyone is kind, smiling and ready to help. Unfortunately, this cannot do much for the rooms. We cut a weeklong stay to two nights due to the depressing condition of our two rooms. We asked to be relocated to another room, only to find it in the same condition. Stains on the sheets and bedspread, 19in tube television, worn out carpet and general very poor conditions. Tired doesn't describe it. The furnishings are old, but the backside of the bedspread was soiled and inexcusable. It was the worst Crowne Plaza room we have ever stayed in by far. We were literally shocked, and switched hotels after our room change.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
WorldJNM,

Thank you for your feedback and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

We will take your comment on our staff service to guests as a compliment and will keep up with our service standard at all times.

Refer to your feedback on our tired room condition, we are pleased to inform you that room refurbishment including room facilities is already in our plan to take place within this year. We hope you will have a more pleasant experience on your next visit especially once the refurbishment project is completed.

Again, our apology for the unpleasant experience and hope it will not deter you from staying at Crowne Plaza on your visit to Jakarta.

Best Regards,
On behalf of management Crowne Plaza Jakarta

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta? Share your experiences!