“Hello again old friend!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #80 of 309 hotels in Jakarta
Alto, New Mexico
“Hello again old friend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

It has certainly been a while since I've seen you-10 years you say? Wow the time has gone by fast-but sorry, I have to say the years have not been so kind to you. You are still a class act, from the grand entrance, to the classy elevators, but as a friend I have to say you are looking a bit tired. Yes, you did put new LCD TVs in (at least on the exec level) and your people as always are fantastic. After all, not everyone would open the restaurant at 5 am for a few early risers. You are, and will remain, one class act. But frankly, deep royal blue for the club? Wow, takes me back 20 years. And the bathrooms, still with the same tired shampoos and amenities from the '70s. And the towels, sheets, etc are getting a bit thread bare-and a bit grey. And the health club-let's not go there (literally!) But as you always have been, you are welcoming, comfortable, and a very nice oasis at the end of a hard day. Now, if you considered a bit of nip and tuck, you could bring yourself back to your former glory. After all, the competition is starting to move up, and I hear that new Intercon is quite a ticket!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
MakinanDan,

Thank you for returning to Crowne Plaza Jakarta after such a long time and also the time to convey your positive feedback on our hotel appearance.

Your feedback will certainly motivate us to speed up our room refurbishment plan which will take place within this year. We sincerely hope you will see a fresh transformation of our rooms on your future visit.

Once again, thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Jakarta and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Your Sincerely,

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks in mid-december on business. The hotel was pretty much as expected for a Crowne Plaza, and probably above average for the area from what I was told by a colleague who had to switch hotels.
Though the room was a little dated, everything was clean and orderly, and staff was overall friendly and helpful.
The breakfast variety was fairly good, and with close proximity to Plaza Semanggi behind the hotel, lots of quick food options.
My only complaint is that myself and other PC Platinum members I was traveling with were not given upgrades, or access to the lounge, which was disappointing. The front desk clerk explained that this was due to our corporate rate; however, this is generally a loyalty perk that IHG-brand hotels should honor, regardless of rate.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Decent hotel, some floors are really old, and some look recently refurbished.
Lack of an LCD TV was a little of a turn off
The bathroom really looks like it was from 1999.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed at Crowne Plaza recently as the conference was held in the hotel. Check-in and check-out was speedy and friendly. I would recommend booking the Silverbird airport limo through the hotel for a hassle-free airport transfer experience. The cost is about the same as booking the Silverbird limo service at the airport counter. We paid about Rp 230,000 one-way.
The Akane Japanese restaurant on the ground floor seems to be very popular and was full of Japanese patrons when we visited. Prices are reasonable and the food quality is good. Despite the tired/dated look and feel of the hotel, the rooms are large and the beds comfortable. The tiny 400W hairdryer in the room took almost 30 mins to dry my hair! Best to bring your own hairdryer. Another gripe is the wireless internet; a prepaid card has to be purchased from the business centre in order to use the wireless internet service, whereas wired broadband can be accessed directly in room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Dear wendywelding,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced

I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you stayed at our hotel. I am pleased that our staff was able to off set this displeasure with great service. I was glad to hear you were able to enjoy our Akane Japanese restaurant.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
GOLDEN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

this was my first trip toJakarta, and I was spending one night and then leaving about midnight the next night. I wanted to take a tour of jakarta, and asked for advise from the conceirge before arriving. They sent me a list of tours and helped me arrrange one. I asked for a late check out, and they were very accomodating, and gave me one. They even allowed me to use the club room after my late check out. All of the service was very personal, and they were incredibly accomodating about every thing. The manager came down and greeted me at check in and check out, and was sincere in asking if he could help with anything.
I ended up eating a lunch there, and the food was very good. My only complaint was that I ate too much, but I really can not blame them for my gluttony.
The neighborhood was a little strange, but I think that is the city, and I still enjoyed walking around.
The room itself was very nice and elegant. It was very spacous, and comfortable. they did things like provide a fruit basket and choclates.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your first visit to Jakarta and had chosen to stay at Crowne Plaza Jakarta. It is our intention to ensure that your short stay was as pleasant as possible.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Jakarta.

Best regards,
Bamako
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for five nights, and left with a good opinion. I think this hotel can justify the five stars across the board. The room was good and spacious, bed comfortable, no noise or disturbance. The lobby of the hotel is impressive, and in general you feel that you are in a real hotel.

Food quality was very good. Breakfast was enjoyable. I took the buffet option on two evenings, this had a good range, very tasty food, reasonably priced. Extras were expensive though, in particular charging $5 plus taxes for a coffee after the meal was a but unfair. Service was very good, both at breakfast and for dinner.

The fitness centre is quite good, if a little difficult to find at first (to the left of the breakfast room, down the stairs, past the pool, in a free standing building). There are a few irritations. Internet is expensive, about $15/day - this is just gouging the business traveler, and can not be justified when so many hotels provide the service for free.

There is a mall next door to the hotel, with shops, Starbucks and some eating places. However, in Jakarta the pedestrian is rated as lower than the creeping worm, so even the 200 metres is an obstacle course, but it's OK. There is a stop for the TransJakarta bus transit system right outside the hotel. This is a quick and very cheap way of getting about Jakarta (there are now 11 lines open), and even though it is used by the middle-class, the hotel does not seem to consider that this means of travel befits its clientele, so it has no information about the system. Google it to see if it suits where you need to get to - it's safe, reasonable quality, saves a lot of money and you can just slot into the Jakarta scene.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear Jeliya,

Firstly, thank you for your positive feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your last stay at Crowne Plaza Jakarta.

Your feedback will certainly motivate us to improve and provide better services for our guests. Rest assure that we keep improving on our food variety and quality. In regards to internet service, we are currently upgrading our internet with installation of WiFi in our guest rooms. We will consider to make information about TransJakarta transit system as one of alternative transportation in Jakarta more accessible to our guests.

Once again, thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Jakarta. We hope to serve you better on your next visit.

Best Regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

this hotel so awesome.....

facility and people so welcome and friendly. the bar in the lobby also provide a perfect stuff for you, then that means you dont have to go anywhere.

and breakfast quality is awesome... price also not to expensive compare with other.

enjoy ur stay, and only 5 minutes walk to Semanggi Plaza

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Dragono,

Thank you for your positive review. Guest satisfaction is our commitment, we are pleased that you have a pleasant experience while staying at the Crowne Plaza Jakarta.

Again, thank you for your feedback and look forward welcoming you back at the Crowne Plaza Jakarta.

Best Regards,
On behalf of Management Crowne Plaza Jakarta

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta? Share your experiences!