“This is a great hotel with amazing food and fabulous staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Jakarta

You added Grand Hyatt Jakarta to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan M H Thamrin | Kav 28-30, Jakarta 10230, Indonesia (Gambir)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #16 of 332 Hotels in Jakarta
berkeley
“This is a great hotel with amazing food and fabulous staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. I stayed for a conference and got a chance to sample a lot of the food. The Indonesian-themed specialties were amazing! The workout space was fantastic too. Overall I found the staff helpful and engaging. The Internet was a bit slow but it was pretty reliable. There is a huge high-end underground shopping mall which is a must-see (and I'm not a big shopper).

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stays here for 2 nights during "Great Jakarta Flood" on 18-19 January 2013. Well we were lucky, if we came earlier by 1 day then we won't be able to reach the hotel as the surrounding area was flooded.

Staff service was great, from the moment we check in, room service, dining area and till the check out. We expect 5 stars and thats being presented.

For sport fanatic, you will love the swimming pool (water a little too cold), the gym facility and they have a continuous 400 meters lap for jogging surrounding the pool area.

The choice for breakfast IMO is ok, not too great, we miss Indonesian food and I am so happy to see some Indonesian food being served, but no variety during the 2 days we stays there. If you love shopping, this hotel is the best place as its connected to a big shopping mall (Plaza Indonesia) and if thats not enough within a walking distance you can go to Grand Indonesia (GI). To say GI as a shopping mall is an understatement.

Jakarta hold a weekly Car Free Day every Sunday from 6am to 11am, during this time the main road in front of the hotel is closed for car and everyone can cycle or run. Not to worry, car can still access the hotel from the side gate.

Room Tip: Pick a room that face the "Bundaran HI" (the water fountain roundabout).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Putrajaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Been there for 3 nights for a meeting. Love my room. I like the concept where the closset is separated from the bathroom, love the service. My favourite is the location where it have easy access to the shopping mall and it's in the centre of jakarta.

Room Tip: Rooms with the view of 'bundaran' roundabot. You will clearly understand what jakarta is all...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Had a pretty nice two day stay in Mid December here. There seems to gave been a lot of staff turnover, as I only recognized a handful of people at the Club desks and lounge.

The bathroom remodel is generally nice. Fancy sink, mirror, plus toilet with sprayer built. The toilet is a wall mounted style, and didn't seem to clean the bowl well, when solid waste was involved.

Some lounge staff were great, others were average at best. Had problems getting a well done fried egg. Wrong 2 times, so we just gave up. The evening happy hour food is good, but the hot items could use an upgrade.

Our newborn was crying, while mom was trying to get some sleep. Lily was great, and even held the baby while I was trying to cope. A super help.

Late 4pm checkout for a diamond member was standard. This is my favorite hotel in Jakarta, I just wish it were a bit more affordable.

Room Tip: Traffic circle side is great for New Years Eve, but noisier, so for most stays, I'd pick the swi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Trip Advisor reviews are spot on. This is perhaps the best hotel in the CBD of Jakarta. I stayed 2 weeks for due diligence on a job opportunity. The hotel has large comfortable rooms with all the amenities you'd expect at this price point: flat screen tv, large desk with plenty of electrical outlets, rain forest shower, walk in closet, and very comfortable bed. There are many dinning options at the hotel from a cafe to a formal seafood/steak house. The hotel is connected to a mall--with a Starbucks, drug store and grocery store. And, directly across the street is a 2nd mall--with a large food court and movie theater. The property is located right on a major transportation artery making access relatively easy -- this is Jakarta -- traffic is always an issue here. The two aspects I found most appealing of the hotel, however, were the gym and the pool. I'm told by locals the gym is perhaps THE best among all 5 star hotels in Jakarta. I'd agree. It is a very large facility with a variety of aerobic and strength equipment including free weights, on site/private aerobics class room, spa, sauna, towels, flip flops, bottled water, and on site training staff -- they've thought of nearly everything. The room was used by males and females alike. I worked out daily and found this gym to be as good as any hotel property I've ever stayed in. The pool is really two large pools connected. The first is a traditional resort pool -- good for family fun. The second is a large lap pool for swim training. I used this pool daily and never found it crowded whether I swam in the morning before breakfast or in the evenings after work. I discovered the 2nd week that the restaurant by the pool may in fact be the best kept secret for eating at the hotel. I found their menu choices most appealing. Their salads were the best of any dinning options I had during my stay. The hotel lobby is very impressive, especially when all decked out for Christmas -- yes Christmas in Jakarta. The hotel staff were all very professional, very personable and helpful.

The only reason why I did not give the Hyatt a 5 star rating for service was because of a scheduling issue with the Spa. I ordered and confirmed a 90 min massage on Saturday at 3:30pm. At 3:30 they called to say it was delayed and could I do 4 pm. I said, yes. At 4:00 they called again to ask if I would reschedule, offering me a free foot massage for the inconvenience. I turned down the foot massage and I tentatively rescheduled for 9 am the next day. Before the call was concluded however, we agreed that I would take a shorter 60 minute massage starting at 4:30. The 4:30 appointment was kept, though shorter than I had originally sought -- dinner interview at 6:00. At 9:00 am the next morning, a massage therapist showed to my room -- a total surprise. Of course, I let her know it was a scheduling error and that the massage had been completed the evening before.

Room Tip: If you've never traveled to an Islamic country before be prepared for the daily calls to prayer...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I visited Jakarta and decided to stay at Grand Hyatt, the location is perfect, overlooking the main square, the hotel is connected to the most luxurious shopping mall in Indonesia and one of the most luxurious in the world. The hotel rooms are very spacious and nice. The hotel has several restaurants, I had the chance of trying couple of them one Western and one Japanese both amazing. The business center is very useful and professional, the swimming pool is good too. Overall I loved my stay there. Only hassle I would say was the busy lifts.

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking the square. It is a nice image.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

we had to make two overnight stops in Jakarta in Navember and beginning of December 2012 and we decided to spend time in the city rather than staying in the airport area. Grand Hyatt was natural choice for us and we were not dissapointed at all. It is located right in the heart of the city were all the upmarket life is concentrated. The whole place looks and feels grand , the staff is well trained and wellcoming , the rooms are nice and big and the restaurants are really good.
Apart from that the hotel is adjacent to the most sophisticated shopping mall in Jakarta so guests can enjoy the shooping of a very upmarket standard.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Grand Hyatt Jakarta? Share your experiences!