“Good, decent hotel, nice living” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mulia Senayan

You added Hotel Mulia Senayan to your Saves list
Hotel Mulia Senayan
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Asia Afrika Senayan, Jakarta 10270, Indonesia (Tanah Abang)   |
Ranked #11 of 345 Hotels in Jakarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi
“Good, decent hotel, nice living”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed at the Mulia over a business trip to Jakarta. I did little sightseeing and threfore cannot comment on its proximity to the various sights in Jakarta. My comments pertain to the quality of the hotel itself.

The hotel has a good ambience and is ornate. The front staff were courteous and helpful. The rooms themselves were well maintained. Nice restful sleep at night. The breakfast area is very well set up, with several oriental and western fares.

Overall, a nice place to spend a few nights in Jakarta. I would stay there again, as a tourist or on a business travel, if I had the chance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear MegaMunchers,

Thank you for having taken the time to review Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, enjoying the service provided by our employees, as well as the facilities of the hotel.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saratoga Springs, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is my favorite place to stay in Jakarta. I have stayed at a few hotels in the city and this is by far my favorite. It is not a western owned hotel...and I feel a little safer because of this. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are very nice and clean. The breakfast buffet is wonderful. Also, i love the Japanese and Italian restaurants on site. They are both amazing. I have visited the spa on two occasions. The first time was fabulous and the second was average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeron C,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delightful to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely share your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome on your next visit to the Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Hotel Mulia Jakarta is a small local 5 star luxury brand with a resort I believe also located in Bali.

The luxury starts at the airport where I am picked up by a black Mercedes Benz and chauffeured to the massive hotel entrance - with cars and taxis queueing just to drop guests off. Part if this is caused by the intense security required after the WTC (where I am working!) and JR Marriott hotel bombings a few years back.

Another security check at the hotel entrance glass doors and I am in.

And what a surprise indeed. Beautiful! And a lovely fragrance in the air. I am guided to the check-in area and greeted with a smile and welcome etc. and am told of the features of my room rate and given a small upgrade to their second level room in the 25th floor (rooms start on level 6).

I make my way up and bags soon follow. Although not a suite (which I would usually have at a Hilton family hotel), it is still relatively large with a huge King+ size bed. 3 apples greet me on the coffee table as I look around and check out the amenities.

Over the next few days I try out the functional gym, massive outdoor swimming pool, spa, indoor hot tubs, sauna and steam room.

Breakfast each morning is in the restaurant downstairs and there is an endless amount of choices. Even the coffee, American filter-style which I normally can't stand is good.

One thing to mention is the phenomenal guest service and attention to detail I receive throughout the stay. A real pleasure to come back to after a day at work.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear hb03212014c,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our fine food and beverage facilities.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I would have given the hotel 5 stars -- as the room is very spacious, staff service is excellent, breakfast buffet has a lot of variety, the restaurant Table 8 serves very yummy food, and moreover wine is cheap, the bed and pillows are very comfortable. However it being a business hotel, the wifi is very slow, almost unusable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Wendy V,

Warmest greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us. Additionally, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

With regard to the WiFi connection in the Hotel, our bandwidth is the highest in the city
and although it is configured to provide the fastest speed at all times of the day, on occasion when multiple guests use the internet simultaneously, congestion may occur. Guests may contact our IT Butler to assist, identify and resolve issues.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future where once again you may enjoy our warm hospitality.

Best regards,
Surabaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I was really impressed with all the reviews about this hotel until I wanted to give it a try. I stayed at Hotel Mulia Jakarta for one night during weekend and it turned out to be just another 5-stars hotel in town. Yes, their service was good even tough I had to wait for a bit longer during check-in process but the staffs were really trying to assist you whenever they could. What the reviews said about the bed was probably true. It was really fluffy and comfortable and the bathroom was quite spacious too. I have tried their bar but it was nothing special there. The nearest mall to access from the hotel is Senayan City and Plaza Senayan, but still need to take taxi to reach there because it is not comfortable to walk on the road side in Jakarta. However, the hotel only provide Silver Bird (limousine) and you may need to wait a bit longer to get normal Blue Bird taxi.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear CindyCarolina,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta and taking time to share your comments with us.

The hotel certainly can be busy and we are happy that you found the hotel up to your expectations throughout your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Qingdao, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Huge rooms, fantastic restaurants, from a la carte to buffet, all is great. Service is up to eastern world class standard, staff all know your name, etc etc.
The nightclub however is only recommended for single male visitors and not for couples...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear peitchina,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our fine facilities.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 night for work and I can safely say that I have never before been to a hotel that compares. Firstly there service is incredible, everywhere you go someone is there to greet you or offer help. The hotel is wonderfully clean and beautiful!

The guest rooms are very comfortable and the bathroom is amazing with it's huge tub!

There are 5 restaurants to choose from all at very reasonable prices for the quality of food. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have seen. As someone who has seen very sad offerings listed as breakfast this one blew my mind, they literally have any thing you could possibly want for breakfast. You can get a traditional american breakfast, Japanese or shines breakfast and fresh juices.

The pool is beautiful and the gym is well appointed.

Finally, it definitely feels safe. When you arrive security checks the car and all guess must go through security when they enter the building.

I will definitely stay here again when I return to Jakarta!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear BbqPeanut,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We take particular pride in our staff as they are our strongest asset.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

The Management

Been to Hotel Mulia Senayan? Share your experiences!