“Best club in town... and the hotel is nice too” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mulia Senayan

You added Hotel Mulia Senayan to your Saves list
Hotel Mulia Senayan
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Asia Afrika Senayan, Jakarta 10270, Indonesia (Tanah Abang)   |
Special Offer
Save Up to 25%
Ranked #13 of 332 Hotels in Jakarta
Houston, Texas
“Best club in town... and the hotel is nice too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

C.J's: That all what you need. Great club to party and is free if you are staying in the hotel.

The hotel is also very nice: great food, nice pool and good gym. The rooms are very big but the decor is kind of old. Love the Italian restaurant, although is very expensive.

As a negative point, is kind of isolated. You can't walk anywhere. A Hotel like the JW Marriott in Jakarta have that advantage.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the last 18 months. Every stay has been wonderful.

The staff is helpful, attentive, and respectful, especially for the breakfast buffet. Security is pretty good (relatively speaking). The location is nearby Senayan mall, which has tons of shops, restaurants, and a theatre. Plenty to do and see!

CJ's is...well....interesting. Usually a decent band. Drink prices are a bit high and the draft beer gives me a headache. Switched to bottled beer and no issue!

Pool bar is a great quiet retreat for a simple dinner in the evening and a GREAT place to hang out on the weekends.

The breakfast buffet offers something for everyone. If you prefer pork bacon (instead of beef), head around to the back room where the 2nd egg station is - and ask. They keep it discreetly stashed behind the counter, but are happy to give you as much as you wish.

Check in and check out are always quick and efficient. If you need Indo money for the airport tax, they can add it to your bill.

Wireless internet works well in 90%+ of the rooms. Wired internet is some of the fastest you will get in Jakarta (those of you that visit Jkt often know how the internet here isn't always reliable/speedy - which isn't the hotel's fault).

Rooms are always super clean and nice. Upgrading from the basic room gives you a nicer TV and I believe upgrading 2 levels will get you a nicer bathroom (better shower) and a few additional perks.

Restaurants here are all top notch - with choices ranging from an International Buffet (be sure to check out BOTH sides of the restaurant at dinner time!), Italian, Japanese, Pan-Asian/French, and Chinese.

The gym facilities are nice and the pool is generally empty on weekday evenings, if you want to get in a nice swim. On weekends the pool has some kids playing it in, but there i plenty of room for all.

Executive Lounge is very nice and staff there is very attentive. They have a happy hour daily with free snacks and drinks for those staying on the Executive Floor. If you enjoy snack type food, you can head there and skip dinner.

All in all, a great choice when staying in Jakarta.

Room Tip: When you stay, upgrade at least one level from the "basic" room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel every time I'm in town since 2010. As a frequent business traveller I look for a hotel which provides me comfort, convenience & connection, internet connection that is.
The rooms and food on the executive floor is pretty good and comfortable. if alcohol is your poison, the free-flow of drinks & light snacks from 6-8pm is an excellent way to wind down before calling it a night. I always look forward to the beef rolled asparagus. However, because I stay here for long periods of time and sometimes, every 2 months, the menu gets repetitive and predictable.
Convenience come with the helpful housekeeping staff and 2 of the most experienced butlers on the Executive Floor. They remember what you drink, where you like to sit and there's no need to re-fill forms as you check-in as you've been there before, unlike some other 5-Star hotels. Also the fact that you can check-in on the Executive Floor means no queues even on those busy Sunday evenings. However, only the 2 experienced butlers meet the expectations of an Executive Floor, the others lack attention to details and are to concerned about finishing the job rather than doing the job well.
Connection is great from the room. Its quick and breezy. Making skype calls overseas is pretty good. I've yet to experience a drop in connection. However, an improvement would be to add another ethernet cable to allow for 2 laptops to get connected at the same time, for trips where the wife comes along.

All in all, I would recommend the Mulia Executive Floor package to any business traveller who are looking for comfort, convenience and connection, internet connection that is while being away from home on the job.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing Senayan City or Plaza Senayan it feels bigger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Good and Busy Hotel. Very good Service and close by to various shopping malls. Hotel is very well secured and lots of checks and balances. I am very impressed. The rooms are very clean, large by most international standards, well stock mini bar and great views.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

i was visiting this hotel on December 11-13th 2012, it was my cousin's wedding, well actually when i was stepping on my foot on that hotel, my thought just go like.. Gosh, this isn't vacation hotel, this is business and executive hotel, bit strange for me as a shoestring traveller. Yet i mush say, the receptions and the other staffs were very helpful and professionally polite toward the guests. Every aspect on my room were perfect and well-conditioned.
My cynical was emerging when i had my breakfast, well i know that almost all the guest were like the busy men and go all around, but when i asked the waitress, sometime she answered so rude to me, and every time i left my napkin to my chair (i want to grab another meal, which is really good) she was raise her voice like,"You finish or not sir?" , well i know the manner to put the napkin to say "i'll be back." yet she doesn't have to raise her voice like that. Yikes hahaha, guess only that one person i've been rooted.

Room Tip: Check the AC condition
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This new year holiday i bring my litlle family to stayed at this hotel, until that day mulia hotel is always give me a wonderful impression that i get from stayed here for business.
But this moment when i want have a holiday with my family here it makes me a horrible memories because they have new rules that max Occupancy for their rooms is 2 adults and 1 child (below 12) or you will be get additional charged as room price. It makes me really shock because i never heard the rules before and from my experience stayed in many 5 star hotel i never found this rules.
I check in with my wife, baby son and my son nanny, i afraid i will be get additional charge. So i talk to the duty manager mr brandon that is very friendly person, he have an empathy for my problem and another guest that he already heard have the same problem with me about hotels new rules. I ask about extra bed, but he tells me that hotel didn't provide again. And i want upgrade my room to mulia corners that i heard from housekeeping have a sofa bed but mr brandon told for mulia corners the rooms occupancy rules still same, 2 adult and 1 child.

I really cant think what the hells about this hotel now ? How can a family like me that have a baby child can stayed ? Because we need the nanny. But after think 10 x, i prefer my nanny to back home, luckily i lived in jakarta. I cant imagine if i lived outside jakarta. For consequences let my babysitter back home, i can't sleep well because my baby miss his nanny crying almost all a
Of night. And we really difficult to enjoyed the delicious breakfast at the cafe because must take care my baby. Thanks Mulia for Give me the horrible holiday experience.

I really dont know, how can the mulia's management gets idea for this rules, are they never benchmark to another five star hotels that they dont have a ridiculous rules like Mulia ( when i write this testimonial, i already check ini in mandarin oriental that the all staff hospitality is really great, the most important is this hotel is flexible another five star hotels except mulia )

For all who reads my testimony, please think 10 x if want spent your night here with your fam especialy if you havs baby that still needs babysitter or if you have 2 child, because you will be get additional charge as room price. But if you only stay here for business or only with your wife, Mulia still be one of best hotel in town.
Hope the management realize their mistake and be more humanist so we can enjoyed Hotel Mulia liked we have enjoyed before.

Room Tip: Mulia splendor is an old room, the TV still old models. travelers maybe better choose grandeur above...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HotelMulia-Senayan, The Management of Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Se_Chiang,

Greetings from the Hotel Mulia Senayan.

On behalf of the management of Hotel Mulia Senayan, I would like to extend our sincere appreciation to you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you and the opportunity to read your comments and suggestions.

Please allow us to explain our hotel policy so that you have a better understanding of the situation.

For reasons of guest safety, Hotel Mulia Senayan has, since opening, a policy of limiting the total number of guests per room to a maximum of two adults and one child under the age of twelve, sharing the same bed. Hotel Mulia Senayan, does not provide extra beds due to the reason mentioned above.

Our room is designed to be occupied by 2 adults and 1 child under the age of 12, including having a luggage allowance (luggage racks/space) for a maximum of 3 people taking into account the ability of guests to move around safely and easily without the risk of tripping over, especially at night and during an emergency. In addition, our guests comfort is our utmost priority therefore, our bed is designed to accommodate maximum 2 adults and 1 child under the age of 12.

In your case, you came with 3 adults and 1 child, and as you have also stated, you were advised by our Front Office team regarding our policy upon check in. In this situation where the maximum allowable number of guests per room was exceeded, the hotel offered a second room which you opted not to take. It is unfortunate that your nanny could not stay with you in the hotel as per your plan after our Duty Manager explained the policy for the second time in your room.

We hope this has shed some light on our maximum guest per room policy, and we hope to be able to welcome you back to our Hotel in the not too distant future.

The Management
Jakarta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have after some difficulty just checked in to this hotel with my wife and two small children ( aged 3.5 years and 6.5 years ). We had been looking forward to the New Years package we had prepaid for the Royal Suite. On arrival and after check in we were informed that we could not check the kids into the Royal Suite as that was limited to occupancy by two adults and one child. We had never been informed of this prior to this. We were told we could resolve this by opening another room...at our cost of course. I was amazed the 105 meter Royal Suite couldn't fit us and two little kids! I was even more amazed when they claimed we could not have an extra bed because the hotel didn't have them! What's more they couldn't pay our money back if we left. So...they resolved it by checking us in to two standard interconnecting rooms. What choice did we have?! Obviously any family booking any package at this hotel needs to be aware of this. I have not experienced such child unfriendly policies at any hotel in the world. I hope whoever they resell the Royal Suite to enjoys their New Year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Mulia Senayan? Share your experiences!