“Home amidst the traffic in Jakarta” 4 of 5 stars

Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan HR Rasuna Said, Jakarta 12920, Indonesia   |
Ranked #8 of 329 Hotels in Jakarta
Quezon city
“Home amidst the traffic in Jakarta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

In Jakarta, traffic can be horrendous especially when it rains. After a three hour ride from the airport, we were just so relieved to reach our hotel - The Four Seasons, Jakarta. Compared to Four Seasons in Bangkok, the rooms are much smaller but the decors are still as luxurious. Nevertheless, the hotel became our home for the next 4 days, when many of us would opt not to leave its comforts ...afraid of the traffic jam. Sadly,there doesn't seem to be malls within walking distance. For meals rather than brave the traffic, we practically ate through all the seasons in the hotel's SEASON's cafe - several breakfast, lunches and dinners. Food was wide variety, delicious, and the service was just great. The managers and staff were very accommodating at the Seasons Cafe.
Overall, a good experience but Four Seasons Bangkok is still tops with me for cleanliness and service.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FSJakarta, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear butterscotchQC,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you found a comfort in the hotel after battling with the city's traffic and also enjoyed your dining experiences at Seasons Cafe. Thank you for your positive comments on the food and service which I have shared with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Vikram Reddy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Overall, room is very spacious and clean. I love the bathroom. Food was fantastic and delicious. Services excellent from every segment. Up to a 5 stars standard. Well done and keep it up. The only feedback for them was the electric switches and holder should be change after so many years (in the room). I can see sparks when trying to on/off my room lights and air-con controlling board on the wall. Take note!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FSJakarta, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Michael Y,

Thank you for your great review and praises following your recent stay with us. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the room, food and services. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused with regards to the electric switches and air-con controlling board in your room, I have briefed our Chief Engineer to take immediate action into this matter. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Having a short visit at the hotel for dinner with my colleagues..and makes us live in the concrete wall.

No WIFI at public area except we have to pay, nowadays ?! How many kb we will use for us just for emailing at our phones ? Will drain your bandwidth ?

Then I got trouble with my XL mobile signal, happened with my friends phones too. Can't make a call until we were at lobby drop off. Don't have signal repeater/booster ?

Others were good enough; helpful waiters, food was great and excellent cleanliness in all area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FSJakarta, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Tony H,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent dining experience in our hotel. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your meal and the service. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to poor XL mobile signal. I have asked our Communication Manager to take immediate action to improve the signal.

We appreciate your feedback regarding WIFI connection; it is provided free of charge in all restaurants in the hotel. Our restaurant staff would be happy to provide you with a password to connect to the WIFI. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and serve you better.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The staff here make this a great hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and I was woken for my early flight at 4am with a customised coffee. Breakfast is superior to most 5 star hotels. The fresh juice was a great touch as was the Indian vegetarian selection. Room was lovely.
The bar, restaurants and services are expensive, especially when 20% taxes are added.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear atgkc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your kind words regarding the service which I have shared with all the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot around Southeast Asia and this hotel is easily one of my favourites. Spacious room with a small balcony. Friendly and attentive staff. the best city hotel pool I've ever used (including the poolside service). Buffet breakfast is as you'd expect from a 5 star hotel, but the variety exceeds most others.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
FSJakarta, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear George W,

Thank you for rating us 5 star and for sharing such a great comment following your stay with us on your recent trip to Jakarta. I am glad to know you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed the room, facilities and the breakfast spread. All of us look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta on your next visit to the city.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for the first time on the way back from Vietnam - attending a conference to be held at the Four Seasons. The staff were very helpful, made an effort to remember my name, and were attentive to my requests in a speedy and very efficient manner.
I stayed at club level, the room was spacious, clean and very well appointed. The sheets were immaculate, the laundry service outstanding.
Overall - an excellent stay and will be back again!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Peter W,

Thank you for sharing your comments in Trip Advisor following your stay with Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta. I am glad you had the chance to experience our Executive Club and enjoyed the room and amenities. I am also happy to hear that our team has extended the highest level of service and anticipate your needs during your stay. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Jakarta.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

great amenities, comfort room & bathroom. I did enjoy stay here. The room is comfortable. My suggest only for buffet lunch t restaurant. Taste was quiet good but the price not worth it, it's too xpensive for that kind of food. Overall the hotel is good, i like the reception, so nice, polite n helpfull

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar

FSJakarta, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Kristian W,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have also relayed your feedback in regards to the buffet prices to my F&B Director in order for him to look into this matter. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Vikram Reddy

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta? Share your experiences!