“CHEATED” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jakarta Airport Hotel

You added Jakarta Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Jakarta Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 2/E Soekarno Hatta Intl. Airport, Jakarta 19110, Indonesia (Setiabudi)   |
Ranked #206 of 366 Hotels in Jakarta
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“CHEATED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked the hotel online through their website because I was arriving at almost midnight and my next flight was at 5.30 a.m. What a disappointment it was on arriving to find that it was closed for renovation. As they have accepted my reservation online and I have already paid, a security guard helped me to contact their staff who came down after a while. He told me that the hotel was under renovation because something collapsed and that they had booked me at another hotel. A transport will take me to the hotel. The transport took almost one hour to come. Another passenger who faced the same predicament went off without waiting and I saw from the list he was holding that they had 15 customers on their list to be relocated. Upon reaching the hotel, I was given a windowless room which if I had booked directly would have cost me only 1/3 of the price that I paid for the airport hotel. It was like a daylight robbery. If they know that they were closed for business, they should not accept booking or if they want to relocate, it should be of similar standard and not a budget or low cost hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is perfectly adequate for an overnight stay before a morning flight from this airport. The room was clean and quiet and comfortable. This is a much better option than facing morning traffic in Jakarta. Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is very convenient if you arrive late at night and have to catch a flight on the next day. A litle overpriced but the rooms are clean and have great views over the runway. Despite the comments it was not as difficult as i thought to find the way to the hotel. Breakfast choice and quality was good.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Ballina, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in a variety of airport hotels, we had no great expectations and we're not disappointed.
The room was definitely showing its age but was clean and the bed comfortable. The staff were tired and disinterested, the food mediocre and the drinks outrageously expensive but let's face it - we stay in airport hotels for the convenience, not for enjoyment!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The hotel room was dirty (hair in/around sink, soiled spots on sheets) and the WiFi internet did not work (said all available spots were used up). I talked with the front desk within 10 minutes of checking in and they said they could not refund my money since Agoda.com had not given it to them yet. This was frustrating, but after asking several times they were not giving in.
I left for the FM7 nearby and contacted Agoda.com via e-mail that very night. Agoda replied that they asked the hotel for a reply and to wait until they received a reply. Now 8 e-mails and 9 days later, Agoda.com says I need to provide photo proof of the dirty room. If proof was needed, why didn't the front desk staff ask to see the room when I made my original complaint? They did not do so. Neither was "proof" requested for the WiFi not working. Basically Agoda made me wait 9 days and then asked for proof that of course I could not provide 9 days later from the other side of the world! Incredulous!
I have stayed in hotels throughout the region and had fairly low expectations going into this knowing that it is a transit hotel. But I never anticipated the room being unsuitable, WiFi not working, and to top it off the reprehensible customer service from the hotel desk staff and from their partner Agoda.com.
Stay somewhere else!!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

You know when you have a layover too long to get out into the city, and too short to not fall asleep, especially when you get in really late at night? Well, this is an answer to that, in a place that isn't exactly known for it's safety. As a lone female traveler, I'd rather shell out a bit than be looping all my valuables to my leg as I try to catch a snooze on a bench that I might be lucky to find. This hotel is by no means spectacular. You're paying for convenience, and nothing else. The bed was fairly comfortable, and I never encountered bugs. The breakfast buffet is open from 4am, so it's good for those early flights. Don't expect bend-over-backwards service. I had to haul my large piece of luggage up a weird, inconvenient ramp as the porters didn't think it necessary to help. I didn't feel like digging out a tip anyway, so I didn't push the point. There are a couple of small bottles of water in the room, which is a blessing when you're between flights and no stores are open. There is a short-stay option, but try as I may, I couldn't get that price, even though I only stayed 4 hours (because of it being overnight.) Not great, but I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure to pay for a short stay to save some money, if you're traveling during the day.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked this hotel instead of fighting the terrible Jakarta traffic to get home after a evening arrival and a subsequent early morning flight the next day.

It was a little better than expected after reading some of the other tripadvisor reviews. The room was clean and reasonably well kept. It was on the warm side, with the AC taking around an hour to cool the room down. Everything you need for a comfortable transit stay was provided.

We had breakfast included with the rate. We had intended to use the breakfast just for a cup of coffee based on some other reviews, but again a little better than expected. I small but reasonable enough range of acceptable quality.

The one thing I can support from other views is that the hotel IS difficult to find. Luckily, travelling through Jakarta airport frequently, I had noticed the hotels location in the past. But if it is your first trip through Jakarta, prepare for a bit of a search!

All and all, it does what is says on the tin for a transit stay. If you want luxurious - fight the traffic and head towards some of the excellent central Jakarta hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for one close to reception - the corridors are never ending!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta
Sheraton Bandara
Sheraton Bandara
#65 of 366 in Jakarta
3.5 of 5 stars 403 reviews

Been to Jakarta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!