“"a safe way to rest between flights"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jakarta Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Jakarta Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Jakarta Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 2/E Soekarno Hatta Intl. Airport, Jakarta 19110, Indonesia (Setiabudi)   |
Ranked #150 of 321 Hotels in Jakarta
Bali, Indonesia
“"a safe way to rest between flights"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

You know when you have a layover too long to get out into the city, and too short to not fall asleep, especially when you get in really late at night? Well, this is an answer to that, in a place that isn't exactly known for it's safety. As a lone female traveler, I'd rather shell out a bit than be looping all my valuables to my leg as I try to catch a snooze on a bench that I might be lucky to find. This hotel is by no means spectacular. You're paying for convenience, and nothing else. The bed was fairly comfortable, and I never encountered bugs. The breakfast buffet is open from 4am, so it's good for those early flights. Don't expect bend-over-backwards service. I had to haul my large piece of luggage up a weird, inconvenient ramp as the porters didn't think it necessary to help. I didn't feel like digging out a tip anyway, so I didn't push the point. There are a couple of small bottles of water in the room, which is a blessing when you're between flights and no stores are open. There is a short-stay option, but try as I may, I couldn't get that price, even though I only stayed 4 hours (because of it being overnight.) Not great, but I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure to pay for a short stay to save some money, if you're traveling during the day.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked this hotel instead of fighting the terrible Jakarta traffic to get home after a evening arrival and a subsequent early morning flight the next day.

It was a little better than expected after reading some of the other tripadvisor reviews. The room was clean and reasonably well kept. It was on the warm side, with the AC taking around an hour to cool the room down. Everything you need for a comfortable transit stay was provided.

We had breakfast included with the rate. We had intended to use the breakfast just for a cup of coffee based on some other reviews, but again a little better than expected. I small but reasonable enough range of acceptable quality.

The one thing I can support from other views is that the hotel IS difficult to find. Luckily, travelling through Jakarta airport frequently, I had noticed the hotels location in the past. But if it is your first trip through Jakarta, prepare for a bit of a search!

All and all, it does what is says on the tin for a transit stay. If you want luxurious - fight the traffic and head towards some of the excellent central Jakarta hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for one close to reception - the corridors are never ending!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Saint-Lazare-de-Bellechasse, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The only time one would select this hotel is when you just need to transit through. I would say the hotel is overpriced for the quality. The rooms are relative clean, restaurant is fair. The location is right in the terminal on the plus side of things.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Seville, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

getting here was quite confusing, the signage was note clear. The staff was friendly but the ambience is nothing like a hotel. It looked like an office turned to accomodation. No facilitites available, Room was smelly and small, for The price, I could get a 4-5 stars hotel instead. Breakfast was really minimal and the taste was standard. I ate at the airport instead. The bellboy asked for tips which looked quite rude to me. I say get other hotel if you have more time to spend in Jakarta.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Calamba, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Whenever I travel to Indonesia which involve domestic transfer to other cities I always book and stay at Jakarta Airport hotel. I find the location and service very convenient. The buffet breakfast opens at 0430 am which is just on time for the 0630 flight to Jogjakarta. The service is very good with polite and courteous personnel, and breakfast is very OK. They fofer a wide variety of dishes for choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Turin, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel just 1 night to have the chance to chatch our flight early the morning after.
Leaving the baggage claim area is a bit difficoult to find the hotel because there's no indications to "Jakarta Airport Hotel", the indication to follow has to be "Transfer Hotel".
The room are clean, and the staff not too kind; no wifi in the hotel.
The hotel is overpriced but is the only option if you arrive late the night and depart early the morning after.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Arnold, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here twice in the space of a fortnight on the way in and out of Indonesia. My Indonesian wife who was already in Yogyakarta booked it for me as I would arrive to late for the connecting flight to join her.

I'd read the reviews of this place by others before travelling and they were pretty much spot on especially about the distance of the rooms from reception,the steps and location within the airport. On arrival,I was met in baggage claim by one of the staff which my wife arranged for me.

They don't like you bringing your own food and drink in which is not suprising given how much they charge in the bar. 85,000 rupiah for a pint of Bintang and 30,000 rupiah (£2) for a can of coke!!
I had some 3 in 1 coffee in my suitcase to use up in the room although you get 2 bottles of water 2 sachets of coffee,tea and suger. I noticed there was plenty of dust on the shelves while I was making my coffee.

Just my luck to get the second to last room right at the end of the corridor. On both nights that I stayed there,the room next door had their tv on full blast. Breakfast was awful,the scrambled egg seemed so greasy so I left it.

The staff were friendly and attentive so I can't really fault them. The hotel is quiet close to International arrivals and departures but miles away in another terminal for domestic arrivals which was the case for me on the way back.

I advise you to arrange for one of the staff to meet you,it could save you a lot of time

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Jakarta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!