“Enjoyable Weekend Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gran Melia Jakarta

You added Gran Melia Jakarta to your Saves list
Gran Melia Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan H.R. Rasuna Said Kav X-0 - Kuningan, Jakarta 12950, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Best Rate & 20$/day gift!
Ranked #10 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Enjoyable Weekend Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

For those who are hungry to have a peaceful weekend, Gran Melia Hotel in Kuningan area is a perfect place to stay. Out of our busy day, my family experience to have a short stay during weekend in this hotel and we get surprise that weekend in this hotel actually is an enjoyable stay, no traffic, staff are friendly, service is tip top and we're all can sleep well in a very comfortable bed.

My little son likes to take a bath with an open window, a modern an a minimalist room with a large sofa to lay down.

Going to the restaurant, wow....they've lots of food variety from local, international, Chinese, India,Japanese. BBQ section is my favorite.

For sure, I will recommend this hotel to my friends and my family members

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Mr. Echiro,
Thank you so much for your kind and generous review which is even more gratifying as I see on Trip Advisor this has scored a property five out of five.

We are delighted that you found the hotel service convenient and efficient also the fact that you enjoyed our buffet restaurant. And thank you for your appreciation to the staff.

The teams here appreciate the encouraging words and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Jakarta soon.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

After staying a few hotels in Jakarta, the Gran Melia, is our favourite by far.
From the rooms the the meals to the staff - perfect.
From european flushing toilets to the impeccable service from the Red Level, they really do provide a high quality service and staff are there to help you out.
Rooms from the Red Level upwards, are fantastic, the rooms are impeccable, bathrooms clean and no mould!!
The location is fantastic, only a short taxi ride to any shopping centre that is sure to please any shopper. The only thing is you cannot get a bluebird taxi from this hotel, they make you wait forever, but a silver bird (limousine service) is there in a jiffy, a little more expensive but really it doesnt matter, just sit back and enjoy the ride.
We loved the Melia Jakarta and will be back there for sure

Room Tip: Spend the extra dollar and do the Red Level, you wont be dissapointed with all the extras you get. I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Mrs. Nicole,
We thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience regarding your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed our Gran Melia hospitality especially the Red Level. Your generous words will be warmly received by Ms Cut Irma and her team at Gran Melia Jakarta.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Yours sincerely,

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is very nice. The room is nice. The bedding is very good. Everyone is quite friendly. It is relatively close to most of the places i want to go to in Jakarta. But, because it is Central, there is not a lot within a few blocks of the hotel...as in restaurants or shopping immediately nearby.

I heard that the massages in the hotel were very good. As normal, they are more expensive than outside the hotel. The internet was a LOT better than normal, which was greatly appreciated.

Draft Reply:
Dear Sir,
What can we say apart from “Thank you”.

Your comments about our rooms, staffs, and internet connection are noted, appreciated and are most helpful.

Assuring you of our commitment to raise standards further for the benefit of all our valued guests.

With kindest regards and sincere thanks,

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was the first time my husband and I stayed at the Gran Melia for our business trip. We stayed for a total of 3 nights and on the Red Level Floor. We were first struck at how big the hotel was and how empty it was. Perhaps it was not peak season and it was well, good overall and nothing memorable. The turnaround was on the second night when I actually carelessly lost my mobile phone in a Silver Bird Taxi. To summarize it was excruciating but I was lucky enough to actually have the phone picked up by a fellow hotel guest! During the 3 hour wait for the return of the phone, I was near tears (As I didn't know if the phone was going to be returned) and even advised a really lovely sweet man at the concierge on Thursday night (I didn't catch his name unfortunately and really regret that) but I told him basically that I lost my phone and if the person did return it by any chance as he was virtually not contactable then to please reach me in my room, etc etc. I kind of lost hope at that point in time. As luck would have it, I was having a really miserable dinner at the lobby café as I hadn't eaten dinner at all and the lovely man appeared and said there was actually a fellow guest looking for me with my lost phone! (He used the taxi and found it as I alighted from it; the coincidence of that!) And somehow the lovely people at the hotel put 2 and 2 together and because I was not in my room, I figured he actually scoured the whole area searching for myself and my husband to let me know it has been phone and have it returned to me. How's that for service?! The Red Level lounge staff also kindly assisted to have chocolates sent to my Good Samaritan on my behalf and the service was faultless. We will definitely stay at this hotel again for any future Jakarta trips. The service is the one that wins hands down. Oh, and yes, the room is spotless as well and the Wifi service so easy to use. Gran Melia has most definitely won us over.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Madam,

We are delighted that you found the hotel service convenient and efficient. And thank you for your appreciations to the staff especially concierge and Red Level staff

Jimbaran, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hotel was clean with great service from the staff. The breakfast is one of the best buffets I have experienced. Vast array of fresh and delicious items served with a smile. My wife and I also enjoyed the Chinese restaurant for dinner. The room was comfortable and recently updated.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Sir,

We're so glad to hear you were happy with our staff and our service especially because you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and Chinese restaurant. Thank you for reviewing us and we hope to see you again soon!

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

nice hotel in embassy quarter, friendly staffs as well, clean, nice room (premier).
stayed 2 nights and cant get no sleep. first night construction started at midnight directly outside hotel. second night morning could not sleep in, as neighbouring fitness club is conducting outdoors excersise class with hammering noisy clubbing music and entertainment shoutings!
my room was at the odd numbers. make sure you ask for a quieter room.
when you are a biz traveller, two days without proper sleep is really not what you want when you stay in a 5 star hotel. disappointed and will therefore not be backhere. there are tons of other good choices in jkt.

Room Tip: ask for quiet room. not odd numbers (but other side also got big noisy road) windows are not noise r...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from Gran Melia Jakarta!

First and foremost, on behalf of our hotel I would like thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Gran Melia Jakarta.
Please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused due to disturbing noise from the construction and sport activities from the building next door. Kindly to inform that the construction works on that day was an extraordinary incident due to urgent requirement and we will ensure that it will not happen again. And for the music from the building next door, we are trying our best to eliminate the noise.
I truly understand the unpleasant experience on your recent visit and it had changed your whole impression about our hotel, however we can assure you that we are focusing to ensure no disturbance or inconvenience to our guests during constructions. Our aim at all times to continually providing a service to our guests which is second to none.
Thank you for your valuable feedbacks and I wish we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence with Gran Melia Jakarta.

Yours faithfully,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at Grand Melia for 2 nights with my husband for a short week end.
The check in, also given the fact that it was 11pm, was very fast and pleasant but I would have appreciated the receptionist giving me the information about breakfast (location and timing) and the wifi before I had to ask.

The room was very spacious but a few things are quite old and would need a check: 1) the water tab was doing a very loud and disturbing noise 2) from time to time a very bad smell came out of the toilet 3) one of the spot of the bathroom wasn’t working since the first night but on the second morning the light exploded and we found debris everywhere in the bathroom. The bed was way too soft (is it a choice or an old bed?).

The most amazing thing of the hotel was the huge breakfast buffet: all kind of cuisines and very good quality! I’ve rarely seen such a nice breakfast also in other 5* hotels.

The service was very good in every outlet (bar, restaurant, pool) and I appreciated very much the smiling staff that always greets you with a hand on the heart.

The pool area is nice and I think it will be nicer once the construction works are finished. It is a pity that there is not a fully equipped bar at the pool: we had to wait 10 minutes for our drink order to be delivered.

We also had the chance to have a massage at the Spa. The therapists were very good but we had to wait 10/15 minutes because the rooms were not ready (and there was no clients before us…).

Location wise it’s ok but not the best for tourists (if you want to visit the touristic attractions they are to the north).

The only problem I encountered during my stay was at the checkout. I booked online on Melia website but the receptionists seemed to insert the pricing and all the information from the start. Why wasn’t it in the system? Strange! Anyhow the check out took about 10-15 minutes, which is a bit unusual.

Room Tip: Do not miss the breakfast buffet!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Ms. Pizzali,

Thank you for your kind and considerate endorsement. On behalf of Gran Melia Jakarta, please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused in regards of lack of information during check in and time consuming upon check out as well as for keep you waiting before you start the massage treatment on your recent visit to Gran Melia Jakarta
Your valuable comments about room and bathroom condition have been well shared to the department head concerned. Upon receiving your comment our team had immediately taken some necessary actions. Rest assured that we take your comments very seriously to avoid such issue happen again in the future.
Thank you for your positive comment on our staff in restaurants, Our Executive Chef and his team would be very happy to know that you enjoyed breakfast buffet.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to review Gran Meliá Jakarta and I wish we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence with Gran Melia Jakarta and I look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel soon.
Until next time my warmest regards,

Resident Manager

Been to Gran Melia Jakarta? Share your experiences!