“Great hotel with friendly and efficient staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gran Melia Jakarta

You added Gran Melia Jakarta to your Saves list
Gran Melia Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan H.R. Rasuna Said Kav X-0 - Kuningan, Jakarta 12950, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Best Rate & 20$/day gift!
Ranked #10 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta
Bali
“Great hotel with friendly and efficient staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stay here when I am working in Jakarta. Check in staff are always courteous and friendly....everyone here on staff says hello to you! It is quite lovely to see so many smiling staff members. Rooms are nice and roomy and have everything you need - although the mini bar selections are not very appealing - no potato chips! Fantastic buffet breakfast with plenty of choices for a vegetarian like me. The fresh juices are worth a mention too. My only issue is that it can be quite hard to get timely service in the lounge bar - it is quite spread out - and they are not particularly good at watching out for new customers or taking note of empty glasses. But this is just a very minor issue for another wise great hotel. Recommend highly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

I appreciate your feedback of “Great hotel with friendly and efficient staff”.

Your comment concerning the service at Lobby Lounge is most helpful and we have already started to make some innovative changes.

Hoping to welcome you back soon in the hope of proving that commitment.

With that in mind, I remain,

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Indonesian first
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

the hotel is very nice from out side and inside, the rooms are spcious, enough elecator to take you to your rooms, the resturants ar vast and there are always more room and vever have to wait. I had to wait quet a bit to get my keys chaged and I was asked a lot of quetion to get a replacement key

Room Tip: the hotel is designed in a way that your window does not open on niosy road I think are the rooms ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your most valuable feedback on new renovated hotel and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during changing key at the front office.

We shall review the procedures, be assure that the procedure is made for the safety and security of our guests.

Hoping to have the pleasure of meeting you on your next stay.

Yours faithfully,

Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Once again, my returned stay at Gran Melia Jakarta last March was yet another great experience. It has always being my second home when I stay at Gran Melia Jakarta. The friendly, attentive staffs and outstanding serivce to detials makes my stay a memorable one. The room was spacious and have excellent facilities with free in -room wifi and of course, the nice spacious bathroom.This time, I had tried all the restaurants in the hotel from breakfast, Tien Chao - Chinese and Yoshi Izakaya, Japanese restuarant, good food and Impeccable services!

Room Tip: Premium Room is good enough to enjoy the spacious room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Madam,

We are delighted that you found Gran Melia Jakarta such a pleasant experience of the newly rejuvenated and completely refurbished Gran Melia Jakarta.

Assuring you that the team here intends to keep it that way and improve further on a daily basis and it will always be your second home.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have stayed at Gran Melia more than three times but this is my first review of this hotel. There's a reason that I keep coming back to this hotel..also there is a few back drawn that I need to share with the management. Usually I have no problem, but at my last stay.. the staff in the front office did not even bother to look up when my husband stand in front of the counter waiting to check us in. He had to stand there for a several minutes until that staff, Tony, asked my husband. After several minutes, the staff found my reservation via ex....dia website, he said reluctantly that I have to print the voucher, and he point for business center where I can print it. I was quite surprised because this wasn't my first time to make reservation via website and all I have to do is show the voucher from my iphone, no need to print it..What I do not understand is, this hotel is under the green awards hotel, so why do they want to waste paper for something that is not important (and breakfast coupon also!). And is it so hard for them to just print the voucher for us, if very necessary to print it? Off course I raised my voice and complaint. My husband even wanted to cancel the reservation and move to another hotel. After that, the staff print the voucher without saying a words and check us in. Beside that incident, I really enjoy staying at Gran Melia, because this hotel is not as crowded as JW Marriot Hotel or Kempinski hotel..breakfast is always excellent, spacious and clean room. Free in room wifi , although sometimes has a low signal, Friendly staffs... Especially at Gran Via, where we had our breakfast. Sugiyana was very helpful.. This Hotel is still under renovation, so I hope everything will be fixed soon and I will be glad to stay at Gran Melia again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your most valuable feedback and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused as a result of check-in problem at the front of the hotel.

Service has to be intuitive and excellent at all times for a hotel to be the first choice every time. Management is responsible. The staff here are genuinely focused on looking after guests yet we as management need to give them the training and tools to do that at all times.

Please be assured that we will refocus on this as a priority in the short term.

With kindest regards,

Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

In general, good hotel with some minor hiccups not allowing me to grant 5 stars what it should deserve:
- when ordering food delivery, there apparently is a problem to either send the delivery boy to the room or organize bellboy to deliver it. Instead, need to answer phone call with a lecture that for security reasons i need to go downstairs to pick it up myself. Only after my information that i am just out of the shower and i doubt other hotel guests would like me see wet and semi naked, the bell boy was organized to deliver the food, which of course didn't got warmer during that process.

- bad hygienic standards in their japanese restaurant. I didn't left the hotel that day, and with my japanese colleague we decided to have dinner at this rather expensive japanese place. Apparently the raw fish offered was not fresh and the food poisoning didn't allow me to properly function the following morning. I informed about this the waiter the following day, but they just asked what is my room number... So, if there is no interest, I cant do anything about it...

- The wifi access is limited only to 1 device simultaneously. This is very annoying, as nowadays people not only use just a computer, but also phone and tablet for staying connected. In this hotel that unfortunately means logging in and out constantly...

On the positive side, the staff in general is well trained, friendly and courteous. Breakfast and lunch buffet is superb as well as their fresh juice offer in the mornings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Sir,

I appreciate your feedback in light of your profile mission of “Good standard with some hiccups”.

I am glad to report that for security and safety reasons we do not allow the delivery boy to go up to the guest room instead we call the guests to hand over directly with the delivery boy.

Your comments concerning hygienic standards in our Japanese restaurant is most helpful and we shall review our procedure on hygienic standards.

Wifi is already installed in all rooms, we are in the process to up-grade our system, for the benefit of readers we can use the system usually within 5 minutes of being requested.

Be assured that our team will work tirelessly in the hope that we may have the opportunity to leave you with memories next time you stay and thank you for your positive comment on our staff, our Executive Chef and his team would be very happy to know that you enjoyed breakfast and lunch buffet.

With that in mind, I remain,

Faversham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at the Gran Melia for just two nights whilst on business in Jakarta: I wish it had been longer. My room was extremely spacious and comfortable and spotlessly clean. Service in particular was outstanding with every member of the staff being courteous and friendly - everyone smiled.
Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of food available to cater for all tastes. I did not dine in the hotel (ran out of time unfortunately) but enjoyed listening to live music in the evening whilst having a drink from the bar. The pool area isn't huge but was very pleasant and quiet.
This was my first visit to Jakarta and without question I would want to stay here again next time

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Inge L K, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind message endorsing Gran Melia Jakarta as a ‘Great Hotel’. That was most considerate and kind.

Hoping to have the pleasure of meeting you on your next stay.

Yours faithfully,

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights on a business trip and really enjoyed it. Beautiful entrance and foyer, nice bar and live music, had a banquet in the chinese restaurant (very good), excellent free in-room wifi, breakfast buffet exceptional (indo, western, japanese, chinese, indian - wow), good tv and desk. Only twin rooms left but the bed was very comfortable. Sadly did not have time to check out the pool or gym. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Sir,

I am almost embarrassed responding as your words are so flattering.

The teams here extend thanks to you.

Until next time my warmest regards,

Resident Manager

Been to Gran Melia Jakarta? Share your experiences!