“Pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gran Melia Jakarta

You added Gran Melia Jakarta to your Saves list
Gran Melia Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan H.R. Rasuna Said Kav X-0 - Kuningan, Jakarta 12950, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Best Rate & 20$/day gift!
Ranked #10 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta
Bangkok, Thailand
“Pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I spent 3 nights during my last business trip to Jakarta in this hotel and would recommend this to anyone. Clean room, very friendly stuff, great selection of food and beverage for buffet breakfast. Not to forget extra security.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Khun Marek,

It is 5 am here at the moment and I must say that reading your comments make such a ‘pleasant’ start to my day. I will forward to the team here with pleasure.

Thank you for such kind and generous consideration and hoping to have the opportunity to be of service to you again soon.

With kindest regards,

David G.A. Perry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Indonesian first
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 11-15 November with 7 of my work colleagues for a major project kick off in the Asia Pacific region. THe hotel was used for the four days of meetings spread across four different conference rooms.

Hotel services were outstanding. Very friendly and courteous staff. Facilities were in excellent condition. Main restaurant buffet on the 2nd floor gave a huge variety of offerings for all sorts of eaters. Bar area was constantly hosted by a number of servers and bar tenders.

The only issue encountered was with WiFi access in the rooms which would constantly disconnect, assuming you could even make a connection. There is a wired service in the room which overall worked very well. Wireless in the main public areas of the hotel was good. During our meetings in the Ubud, Sanur and Kata rooms, we found the connections would drop sporadically which created a small problem for my team who were running workshops using the wireless connection for network / system access.

Overall I would highly recommend this location; I plan on my team staying there on future trips to Jakarta.

Mike D., Houston TX USA

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be equal in quality. Interesting features of the main rooms: 1) Large glass win...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Mr D / Mike,

Really appreciate your comments. Thank you.

No excuse for poor complimentary wifi connection. We shall fix it.

Hoping to welcome you back soon.

With kindest regards,

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

After staying at all the $200+/night hotels in Jakarta we decided to try the Gran Melia, had few quality stays in Melia Barcelona earlier this year.

I booked Melia online and received the $45 voucher to be used for B&B during our stay. I tried to book the limo from Melia website but didn't manage to get this done, called the 0900 nr while in Holland and they provided the email from Jakarta hotel. I send email and all was booked very fast. Nobody from hotel at the airport but as instructed we went to the Silverbird counter and my details & reservation on file, inside the Toyota Alphard van within 10min, all very fast & comfortable. Took us 25min from airport to hotel, but as this was on a sunday at 830am don't expect this during weekdays. Jakarta traffic is notorious.

Although it's an older building built in the time that grand entrees and empty space was part of all hotels in Indonesia, we are not disappointed at all, actually very happy we decided not to stay at the Ritz Carlton. Rooms recently had an overhaul, complete with rain-shower, 40" Led tv, free wifi etc.

Had dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Food quality was very good, enough staff but not so much attention from them as they busy talking with each-other and I was ending up filling up our own tea cups. In any way check out was prompt and fast and bill was 100% correct.

Checked out the sauna and gym, all good & clean.

Had a good night sleep and woke up form some traffic outside the hotel. Went to the breakfast at 8am. Breakfast is awesome; many dishes, great selection of European cheeses, juices, awesome cappuccino's! very important is that the staff/guest ration is unbelievable high, during the breakfast we had nothing but smiles and helpful staff. You can see they have been working there for many years and are all team players.

Now heading for the check out, I expect this won't be a problem.

Mr David Perry: our compliments, you & team are doing a great job.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir / Madam,

What can we say apart from “Thank you”.

Your comments are noted, appreciated and are most helpful.

Assuring you of our commitment to raise standards further for the benefit of all our valued guests.

With kindest regards and sincere thanks,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

but when i check in the reception take a long time to process CI and actually i reserv for king bed and i come at 3pm, as i know the checkin time is 2pm but why they give twin bed with a reason that the room is not ready yet, but all staff is friendly and helpfull..

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Ms Mita / Nadiya,

So sorry for the disappointment with your 2 pm room allocation.

If you would be so kind to contact me we shall then place a note in our system always to allocate a King bedded room unless specifically requested otherwise.

For your information we also endeavour to determine expected arrival times of all our guests in order that first impressions reflect our commitment to exceed expectations and give outstanding service.

With thanks and kindest regards,

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I and my wife spent our last leg of travel of Far East St this wonderful palace type hotel. Truely 5 stars hotel in all aspect of the stars. Extra security, in the middle of the madding crowd city but once you in side the hotel you feel on the cloud nine. Choice of food even at the breakfast never seen before. Make sure your booking date are spot on and book BB no more or less. Staff are extremely polite to the extend of embarrassing humbleness. Extra benefit Free WI FI.

• Stayed November 2012
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

I am almost embarrassed responding as your words are so flattering.

The team here extend thanks to you.

Our Free Wi Fi started on November 1st. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the service.

Until next time my warmest regards,

Gambais, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel was refurbished to reach the level of the top 5 stars big hotel. The rooms are fine bathrooms are moderns but not so big, wifi works well. The Chinese restaurant is very good the buffet restaurant is not so impressive just a standard buffet even if the choice is large, the breakfast is nothing special the bar is depressing and the main advantage of this hotel is that the price for the rooms is lower than in the other high end hotels.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing the back unless you want to pray during the night
Dear Sir,

I appreciate your feedback in light of your profile mission of “Nothing But the Best”.

You are correct when you say we are reaching for a top position in Jakarta. Your comments concerning the disappointing mediocrity of breakfast is therefore most helpful and we have already started to make some innovative changes. Your words ‘Nothing but the best’ will guide us in that direction.

Hoping to welcome you back soon in the hope of proving that commitment. A room facing Rasuna Said in front of the hotel will be set aside should you be kind enough to let me know your reservation details.

With thanks and kindest regards,

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked into the Gran Melia Jakarta for a sort stay for a business trip. I had a morning flight so requested last minute for an early check in and when I arrived at 10AM I was greeted by name and my room ready and waiting for me.

The room and bathroom was large and comfortable with ample space to dine and work in comfort. The entrance lobby is massive and there was a very wide variety of food to choose from at breakfast. It took a little longer than I expected for the water to heat up in the shower (especially in the morning), which was unfortunate as I do not like cold showers in the least.

I did not eat at the in house restaurants and opted for room service which was excellent. Staff were very friendly, check out was a breeze and it was only a short wait for taxis.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Ms L/ Lisa,

Thank you for your positive review.

We are delighted that you found the hotel service convenient and efficient.

I am glad to report that the hot water is now more immediate than ever so we can only hope that should we have the pleasure of your company again soon we can leave you with even more positive memories of your stay.

Until such time, I remain,

Yours sincerely,

David G.A. Perry

Been to Gran Melia Jakarta? Share your experiences!