“savvy friendly hotel in the middle of a hectic city!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gran Melia Jakarta

Save Saved
You added Gran Melia Jakarta to your Saves list
Gran Melia Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan H.R. Rasuna Said Kav X-0 - Kuningan, Jakarta 12950, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Best Rate & 20$/day gift!
Ranked #6 of 309 hotels in Jakarta
Melbourne, Australia
“savvy friendly hotel in the middle of a hectic city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Step into an enormous open lobby and feel totally relaxed immediately, especially after the crazy traffic life and heat of Jakarta. The refurbishment of this Hotel is great - very large and comfortable rooms offering every quality amenity - huge bath with terrific headrest for relaxing. Very smart F n B outlets where a lot of thought has gone not only into the savvy design but importantly the cuisine. I am not a breakfast buffet fan, however the Chef has nailed the amazing array of international food types on offer - you will put on a kilo or 2. I experienced both the Japanese and Chinese restaurants and would definitely recommend. The staff are so friendly and helpful you feel like you have known them for years! As no-one walks in Jakarta, taxis and limos are easily available for transport. Go try and enjoy...

Room Tip: I was on level 10 and the room was terrific - one of the new refurbished - ask for...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Mr M / Ian,

What a fantastic review. Thank you so much.

All I can say on behalf of the team here is that the pleasure was ours.

Until the next time,

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel is undergoing refurbishment, but there was no noise or disruption. The hotel has large public spaces and rooms and a lovely pool area for relaxing in such a big city.
The amenities in the bathroom (I judge a hotel on these) left nothing wanting and the towels were big and fluffy and the robes soft , all the towels both bathroom and pool and the robes smelled of sandalwood which I loved.
It is in the Embassy and business area and there were no shopping malls nearby so it is definitely a business hotel and a very good one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your most kind words. We really appreciate your consideration and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Be assured that we will continue to seek improvements in all our great products and services in order to create unforgetable experiences.

With best wishes,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Very quite and relaxing hotel, the food buffet was great and the newly refurbish room is wonderfull.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much. One could not ask for more positive feedback to newly rejuvenated products and service standards and all with a rating 5.

Looking forward to the pleasure of being of service to you again soon.

With kindest regards and thanks once more,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed 6 nights in this hotel with my 6 colleagues from the UK, 1 from Malaysia and 1 from Singapore. I had a few meetings in East & Central Jakarta, Bekasi, Lippo Cikarang during this trip. I'm a frequent traveller to Indonesia.

Location: strategic but not a walking distance to shopping malls or outside restaurants
Room: Clean, lovely and good internet connection
Food: Nice food and reasonable price
Cleanliness: Excellent despite the hotel is under renovation
Friendliness: Excellent - very friendly, helpful and polite
Transport: Silverbird station available at the entrance/ exit door

The hotel is under renovation. So, only 100 rooms are opened and twin bed rooms. Somehow, very quiet, privacy and clean. No ATM machine in this hotel (but CIMB Niaga is available in the other building).

I really like the lobby area. The indoor landscape and design is beautiful. Mesmerizing everyone who arrive in this hotel for the first time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Mr Faizol,

Great headline. Thank you. And a great review which we very much appreciate.

We will be working hard to get a rating 5 on your next stay yet we are delighted that you felt our service deserved such.

Until that time we remain,

Yours sincerely,

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

An excellent experience for the four days that I spent in Jakarta. The Hotel is located centrally for my meetings with Government officials and the Australian Embassy, who booked the accommodation for me. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable for working and relaxing. The service at the front desk was very good and staff had an excellent working knowledge of English. Excellent range of food at breakfast and buffet dinner are very reasonable cost. Very spacious rooms, including lounge rooms and sports facilities.

Dear Mr L / Neil,

Thank you so much. That is so kind and greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Warmest regards,

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

First trip to Jakarta, I did know much about the Hotel other than it isn't far from a complete refurbish.

My first contact with the Gran Melia was 20 meters from the door of the Garuda aircraft ! A well presented gentleman holding a sign (printed) with my name on it took me straight through to get my visa, baggage and into the hotel transfer.

All the staff were greeting me by name as I got out of the car, the driver didn't even make a call to anyone telling them I was arriving.

The spectacular enterance to the Hotel draws your eyes skywards.

I was in one of the new rooms which had a loft style to it. Long banquette across the window made it easy to watch the Large TV, the subtle LED lighting around the room is a nice touch. The large bathroom had a ceiling high rain shower head which I loved.

Staff are everywhere, you can't go far without someone to help you.

I couldn't make my mind which restaurant to go to, I ended up in the Japanese Restauarant called Yoshi! The decor was very chic and the food was amazing , the mushroom soup had rare types of mushrooms in it. Overall one of the best Japanese restaurants I have experienced!

Food at the Gran Melia is first class the buffet (Im not a buffet type of guy) is so diverse it's like walking through a world of different cuisines!! All juices are freshly squeezed - I spent 5 minutes trying to find an OJ sitting on a Hotel.

Arriving back at the Airport the Gran Melis representative had me checked in and in the Garuda lounge within 5 minutes of getting out of the car!! He took me into the lounge to make sure I was comfortable !!

The security dog at the front door needs a fan to keep him cool, he looks exhausted most of the time !!

I don't go to Jakarta often but I would stay again at the Gran Melia.

• Stayed May 2012
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your positive endorsement of our service and refurbished hotel.

From your description and photographs you stayed in one of our new Premium Rooms which will soon be the main room type in the hotel. Good to see that they met with your qualifying approval.

To be honest your comments will be so warmly received by the team here. Thank you. As for the well-presented gentleman at the airport….well let us just say he must have been going beyond the call of duty. We try.

Oh…..and our Labrador Retrievers. Do not worry....our full attention on these delightful creatures is assured..

Thank you again and hope to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed one night, well not really one night since I and my friend's came in the morning (5 am I guess). And because of that, we missed the breakfast time. There was a renovation, but fortunately we heard nothing in our room. The room itself is spacious (I forgot what kind of room that we had stayed at that time, but it was spacious and clean. The location is strategic, and the staff are friendly. One decent experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

Our renovations are coming to an end in the coming few months and we at all times have been focused on ensuring no disturbance or inconvenience to our guests. Our aim at all times continues to be on providing a service to our guests which is second to none.

We look forward to the pleasure of your company in future and to making a ‘decent experience’…. ‘Delightful’.

Yours faithfully,

General Manager.

Been to Gran Melia Jakarta? Share your experiences!