“Best Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta

You added Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta to your Saves list
Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan M H Thamrin 6, Jakarta 10340, Indonesia (Menteng)   |
Ranked #30 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Best Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is the first time i choose Sri Pan Pacific to stay in Jakarta, i chose this hotel because the best location and i hear have a good service. The hotel is located very near to numerous shopping malls with lots of choices of restaurants and amenities to relax after work. I find it specially convenient in the case of having to visit meet with government officers of most ministries. Although it is located in a busy area, its location offers the posibility of skipping the traffic using alternative secondary roads. Staff is really attentive and efficient in any situation you might require thir help, from the front desk to the business center including waiters and bell boys. Tips from me you should try lunch buffet @ Keyaki Japanese Restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side best view to see M h Thamrin Street
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Purniawan M

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel. Thank you for recognizing our wonderful location within Central Jakarta. Indeed our guests have easy access to shopping, dining as well as the National Monument “Monas”. Thank you for also recognizing our associates all of whom embody Indonesian Hospitality and sincerely assist all of our guests.

Each weekend we offer a lunch buffet in our Keyaki Japanese restaurant and this is indeed a large buffet full of many authentic Japanese dishes. My recommendation to anyone staying over the weekend would be to ensure to make a reservation as we frequently fill on Saturday and Sundays for this buffet.

I hope you will soon return to Jakarta and Sari Pan Pacific Hotel so our team can welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Indonesian first
Lombok, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Nothing is free is this hotel, that is the first impression that i got. when we tried to check in, it turns out that our room is not paid despite the fact that we booked online using hotel's website. the web required credit card number etc but no money being taken out hence we need to pay during checked in. When we want to do the payment online, we cant have free wifi access yet as we don't have room number yet.. when asked for wifi password, the answer is back again to 'we don't have room yet'..its goes merry around til we have to provide our own modem to pay for the hotel which we already booked.
Anyway i will say its a business hotel, close by Sarinah shopping mall, only walking distance.
Room amenities is not complete, food is average, service is very average..i have to be called out from my breakfast table as one of the receptionist didn't checked me out when i already checked out..
one good thing about the room is that it has a very hot water.. that cool me down!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear rk-art

It is greatly appreciated that you took the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta. I am disappointed that your check in did not go as smooth as you expected and I will certainly address the shortcomings with our Front Desk team.

Unless you purchase an “advanced booking package” we would not charge your Credit Card until you check out of our Hotel. The only reason we require Credit Card information at time of reservation is to guarantee the room for you. In case a guest does not show for their guaranteed reservation we would then be able to use the credit card to recover our loss.

As far as complimentary WIFI we certainly provide this to all of our guests, even guests that arrive prior to check in time we will provide a voucher with a WIFI access code which would allow you complimentary access to our WIFI. I am very sorry that obviously in your case you were not offered this voucher!

Sarinah shopping mall is a wonderful Indonesian shopping mall and the top two floors are occupied by local artisans where some wonderful handcrafted Indonesian art is available to purchase.

Once again I am sorry that our associated did not meet your expectations and I sincerely hope that you will return to Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta during your next visit so we can demonstrate that your experience is not reflective of our normal service culture.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

For many years I choose Sri Pan Pacific to stay in Jakarta, mainly due to its location and good service.
I find it specially convenient in the case of having to visit a trade show at Kemayoran Expo and Convention Center and if have to meet with government officers of most ministries. Although it is located in a busy area, its location offers the posibility of skipping the traffic using alternative secondary roads.

Room Tip: Pool side view: no road noise
Dear PedroJoMen

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Our location within Central Jakarta is indeed very favorable for both business and leisure guests. Within walking distance our guests can access shopping and entertainment areas and the Hotel is only five minutes from Indonesia’s National Monument “Monas”.

Thank you also for recognizing our attentive and efficient associates and we all hope you will return to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future so we can welcome you back.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I am your repeater guest since 2010. Your staff were come and go. No one at reception that i know now except Fadlun and Nupri. I alwasy spend my holiday in Indonesia at your hotel. It nice even too old. You need renovation immediately.

Your reception Fadlun is very helpfull. Her beautiful smile makes me want to come back to your hotel again and again. Every time i check in i want her stand by for me to assist me.

One suggestions for you why is that no arabic channel in the room. Last stay i can watch aljazeera from my room. Could you please provide that channnel for me ?

I will recommend all my friends to stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel because of your service.

Room Tip: chose the front view room, it is very nice.....
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear hisham b

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta. It is especially great to hear from our repeat and loyal guests as you realize both positive and negative changes. While we work with our owners to realize our much needed renovation we continue to focus on guest service and overall cleanliness of our Hotel. Ms Fadlun certainly embodies the Indonesian charm and warmth and I shall personally thank her on your behalf.

As far as our Television Channel selection we have actually increased our Channels recently and Aljazeera International is currently on Channel 38. We have absolutely no intention of change our selection of Television Channels in the near future so please be ensured we will have this important Channel for you.

Once again thank you for your kind review regarding our service and I hope you will return to Jakarta very soon to enjoy more Holidays.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I recently stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip to Jakarta from 21st to 24th April 2014 and very much enjoyed my stay. It is an elegant hotel - from a seamless and efficient service to the beautiful and large room itself, I couldn't have been more comfortable. At check-in I was given a Pacific floor room with king bed, and I was surprised of how spacious the room actually was. The room was well appointed - the bed linen, towels were excellent - and those pillows - like laying your head on a cloud. Toilet was good considering having a separate shower and bathtub area. Room service was prompt and arrived with a separate table.

The hotel was extremely busy and yet no one seem harried - everyone knew exactly how to do their job, with ease and a smile. The hotel itself is located at the heart of the Jakarta city centre. Due to its strategic location, the distance between the hotel and most business meeting points as well as touristic attraction sites are just a stone’s throw away. Major shopping malls such as Sarinah, Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia, fast food restaurants, cinema, banks and a variety of mouth-watering eateries are all located within walking distance from the hotel.

What stood out most beyond the lavish and spacious bedroom and wonderful ambience of the hotel and the Pacific Club Lounge, was the impeccable service rendered by the staff and management. The Pacific Club Lounge, with access to the roof garden, offers guests the privacy and the opportunity to wind-down serenely after a hard day’s work on their business trip or holiday.

I cannot praise all the staff enough but would particularly like to thank the lovely Miss Trie Utami for her never ending friendliness and everlasting smile on her during my check-in and check-out process in the hotel whilst being extremely attentive and helpful in accommodating my numerous enquiries during my stay there. As an example, as my flight home to Kuala Lumpur was scheduled only at late evening and I had to rush-off for a meeting earlier that afternoon, she took the trouble of ensuring my luggage was kept safely and personally handed over my luggage to my driver en route to picking me up on the way to the airport later that evening and then made the effort to personally call me to confirm whether I have received the same. To Miss Trie Utami, sincere thank you from my heart for your understanding and helping hand. As I travel almost every month there, it gives me great comfort knowing that I will be meeting such a lovely and cheerful person again during my next stay in this hotel in Jakarta.

To conclude, all in all it was an excellent experience staying in this hotel. I will make this my hotel of choice when staying in Jakarta in future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Datuk_Khairuddin

We greatly appreciate your time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta. Thank you for your comments regarding our Pacific Club Rooms which at 60 m2 are amongst the largest Executive Club rooms in Jakarta. We have recently upgraded our pillows to Goose Down pillows and I truly appreciate you noticing our truly great pillows.
The location of our Hotel is indeed one of the best locations within Central Jakarta and preferred by many business and leisure guests.

Your review of our service by our associates is greatly appreciated and I am delighted that they were able to make your stay memorable. I shall personally thank Miss Trie Utami on your behalf as it is great to see the initiative and follow up she took with your luggage.

I hope you will soon return to Jakarta where we will be happy to welcome you back to Sari Pan Pacific Hotel Jakarta.
zurich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good location in Jakarta. Rooms were a bit dated, but clean and free wifi worked well. The gym was quite busy but lots of choice. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Huge breakfast spread. Compared to other hotels in a similar location in Jakarta this is a bit less "posh" but good value for money.

Dear thzurich

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta. I fully agree that our rooms are in need of refurbishment and while we work together with our owners to achieve this renovation our teams focus on cleanliness and service. Thank you for the kind review of our associates and overall impression of our Hotel. Our Gym is open 24 hours each day and unfortunately early morning as well as early evening there are some peak periods where lots of our guests are using the equipment.

I hope you will return to Indonesia and Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta in the not so distant so we can once again welcome you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My first stay in Indonesia for a month was at SARI Pan Pacific.
Thanks for the staffs,l had not only gorgeous but comfortable stay,feel at home!
Akromah who stay in front of the door taught me Indonesian every day when I go out, and try to use Japanese with best smile when I come back to the hotel if I look tired.
She gave me Great and best service for me.
I also remember the name ALI and YUDA they are bellboy.
When they see me, talk to me politely and friendly.
I came to Indonesia alone,but with their service l felt like I'm not alone.

Try to stay SARI PAN Pacific and find them and see them!!You may have a heart-warming experience in Indonesia!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear 壮広 上

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel Jakarta. I am delighted that you were able to connect with our associates all of whom embody Indonesian Hospitality. I shall personally thank each of the associates that made your stay with us memorable.

I hope you will soon have the opportunity to return to Jakarta and Sari Pan Pacific and our associates will surely greet you with a big smile.

Been to Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta? Share your experiences!