“Pleasant hotel in the heart of a bustling city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta

You added Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta to your Saves list
Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan M H Thamrin 6, Jakarta 10340, Indonesia (Menteng)   |
Ranked #30 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta
Salatiga, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
“Pleasant hotel in the heart of a bustling city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel for two nights in December while attending a wedding in Jakarta, and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Check-in was efficient, and all of the hotel staff members, from the reception desk to the housekeeping department, were pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and well-furnished. The bed was comfortable, and the free Internet connection worked well, too. For breakfast we enjoyed a marvelous international breakfast buffet in the dining room. It was so filling that it became brunch for us. The attractive dining room is light and airy, looking out to a terrace with additional tables outside. This provides a space for smokers and creates a smoke-free environment indoors, which we appreciated. Even though the hotel is aging, it is being kept up well, too. We will certainly stay there again the next time we visit Jakarta.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Rosie K

Your review on Tripadvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta is greatly appreciated. It is always a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your experience and all of our Hotel staff indeed embodies Indonesian Hospitality. Our beds and linen were replaced one year ago and this provides a great sleep experience. I am happy that you enjoyed your breakfast experience and our bright All Day Restaurant. The poolside terrace does provide a wonderful area for those that like the outdoors as well as those guests who smoke. While you are correct that our Hotel is indeed aging we continue to work very hard to provide a clean environment as well a Hotel where guest service is maintained at its highest level.

I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Indonesian first
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I chose this hotel mainly for its location. It is right across from the offices where I had my one week of business in Jakarta. Yet, apart from its locational convenience, it turned out to be a wonderful place to stay because of the exceptional quality of service provided by its staff, and I mean the entire staff, including in particular Fuad the Concierge who came up without exception with the best suggestions about what to do and where to eat in Jakarta, and Haris, the vivacious Bellboy, who made it your day with his omnipresent smile.

As a veteran management consultant of many years, I conjured that it must be an outstandingly able management behind this facade of wear and tear that makes this establishment so worthy of praise. The service quality remarkably does compensate for what the building lacks in terms of physical appearance.

Now some free of charge advice to who may be owning the building: The hotel building, no doubt, needs some substantial facelifting. The carpets are worn out, the painting needs to be redone, the decor is way behind times, the entire space is worn out and tired. Give the physical appearance an uplift, and the management will probably be able to double room prices. And you will get your fair share of the boosted revenue.

I have checked in other hotels in the same Golden Triange neighborhood, and decided to make the Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta my home again next time I am in Jakarta.

Dear oktay y
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you recognize the warm hospitality service which is provided by our associates. While I will certainly share a personal thank you to those you have mentioned, I am convinced that our entire team appreciates your recognition. In an aging building where senior management and owners continue to work toward a full renovation the biggest key is to maintain a very high level of service to ensure our guests continue to stay with us.

Indeed we are in the planning stages of a full renovation and I am sure that you appreciate that all of this takes time to plan and also to secure sufficient financing and secure a project team. I hope to be able to share some renovation news soon. In the meantime we shall continue to focus on guest service and overall cleanliness of our Hotel as this is what our guests experience today.

Again thank you for your delightful review and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.
Samarinda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

very enjoyable stay, with extremely friendly, polite and courteous staff. personally, i thank mr.aas asmanullah, airport rep/front office, who arranged everything perfectly for me during my stay at pan pasific. our room was finely furnished with all necessary requirements. Staffs from doorman, reception, wait staff and cashier, we could not fault their service. Overall, we were extremely impressed having stayed at some of the best located hotel in jakarta.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear AAchmad

Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel. I am delighted that Mr Aas was able to arrange your room requirements perfectly and I shall personally thank him on your behalf. We are blessed with wonderful associates who embody Indonesian hospitality and warmth and I am very happy that all of them made your stay memorable. Thank you also for recognizing our strategic location in the center of Jakarta which is definitely a preferred location amongst leisure and business travelers.

I hope to welcome you back to Sari Pan Pacific and Jakarta in the very near future.
Pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel is very good. The service is excellent. The only problem I observed is that the things are old. The doors are not closing properly. Shower knobs are not working.

The staff is courteous. The front office is great. Did not take more that five minutes for check in. Restaurants are great. They have variety of food. They even prepared vegetarian recipe for me even when they did not have any in the menu.

I had gone through lot of reviews saying that most of the hotels in Jakarta have noise pollution around them but it is not the case with this hotel.

Definitely a recommendable place to stay in Jakarta.

Dear JitenKPune,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your latest stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. I am delighted that you enjoyed the service provided by our associates and especially proud of my restaurant team that they went out of their way to prepare a vegetarian dish especially for you.

While our housekeeping team continues to focus on the cleanliness of our Hotel some of our furnishings and equipment are indeed starting to show their age. We are in the midst of working with our owners on a full renovation and I hope to be able to share some good news with all of our guests soon.

Noise pollution is something you will find in most major cities and I appreciate your comments as I also feel the ambient noise coming from our surroundings is certainly bearable.

Once again, thank you very much for the time to write your review and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Yes, the interior is tired and dated. However the sincere energized staff always welcomes you with sincerity by name. The hotel is a sanctuary of privacy and comfort within a bustling Capital city. The staff is well informed, empowered, gracious and always accommodating. The food and beverage offerings are always fresh well attended, simple and better than expected. The location and Value is unsurpassed, especially the Pan Pacific Club lounge. Spa service and Fitness center are a competitive edge. I am pleased to return often to our Jakarta home at the Sari Pan Pacific.

Room Tip: club level is well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear John

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. It is always great to hear when our guests appreciate the hospitality provided by all of our front line associates. I shall certainly thank our front office teams on your behalf. Our Pacific Club rooms are our Premium Product and the access to our Pacific Club Lounge is a great additional benefit to staying on our Club Floors. Here you can enjoy Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Evening Cocktail hour.

Our location is certainly a very key as it provides some very good access to Central Jakarta which is often plagues with difficult traffic.

Once again thank you for your wonderful review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

love this place for many reasons..

The food is supeeer...great varieties, yummy, and fresh...breakfast and lunch are supeeer...our coffee breaks are nice as well, giving extra energy et mood in the middle of long-hour meetings

it's located in Jalan Thamrin, near Sarinah, one of the shopping centers filled with beautiful Indonesian handicrafts and nice restaurants...including my fave Gajah Mada noodles or Bakmi GM :D..Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia are also nearby, with Bunderan HI right in the middle...busway is also available..make it easier for us to reach the place...

The service is good...friendly and efficient, very helpful..they are very nice to my kids, who happened to join me..

The room, tho', needs to have some retouch...relatively small but feels old..a little refurbishment will help a lot...

Well, we still love to have meetings here..hope they will work on the rooms soon...

Room Tip: room facing Thamrin street is nice, but quite noisy...
Dear IndahNS

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Thank you for your appreciation of our food both during breakfast as well as lunch and meeting venues. Our Hotel is indeed very conveniently located in the heart of Jakarta’s Central Business District. Sarinah Shopping center is a wonderful mall especially for anyone looking for Indonesian Handicrafts.

All of our associates work very hard and do provide the best Indonesian Hospitality to all of our guests. I am very happy that we paid special attention to your kids and that you appreciated this. The rooms do need a refurbishment and we are currently completing the “design phase” of this project which will hopefully very soon become a full renovation to our entire Hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I suggest the hotel management do something about cleanliness and pest!
My husband and I had a meeting with a local businessman. During the meeting, I picked up a dead fly next to my seat in the coffee house next to the lobby. He blush his face immediately, because he was the one who booked the hotel for us.
He apologized to us and also commented that, the hotel management forgot the guests made up their business!
Yes, when the guests getting lesser to the hotel then only they feel the pain!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear 119Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel. I am very sorry regarding your experience during your meeting. We work together with a Pest Control company who provide us with scheduled treatments of all public areas of our Hotel. In addition we also call them from time to time for additional treatments should we so require. Unfortunately especially during our “Rainy” Season there are both flies and mosquitos that manage to find their way inside of our building. Please be assured that we did ask our Pest Control company to once again treat our lobby area upon receiving your posting.

I sincerely hope that you will return to Jakarta and once again choose Sari Pan Pacific Hotel as we do take cleanliness and sanitation very serious. Once again, thank you for posting your review.

Been to Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta? Share your experiences!