“Still a great place to stay, but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta

You added Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan M.H. Thamrin P.O Box 3392, Jakarta 10310, Indonesia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #1 of 332 Hotels in Jakarta
Belgium
“Still a great place to stay, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I recently went back to the Mandarin in Jakarta, and it was lovely as before: very good and personalised service, tasteful interior. Still, one "star" down for the rather noisy environment, both the outside trafic and inside the bar area. For a hotel of this standard, somethign to work on. But still recommended place to stay in Jakarta !

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I recently was in Indonesia on business and had to revise my schedule due to a missed flight and emergency back home. I called the Mandarin Oriental in Jakarta, spoke with the concierge and explained my dilemma to him and that I would be missing my scheduled stay on that night and needed to re-arrange my stay for a different nught as well as re-arrange my transporataion schedule to and from the airport. The concierge understood what I need to have done and took care of it plain and simple. He emailed when he was done to say alll had been taken care of and I need not worry. On top of that, there was no additional charges for having mised my scheduled reservation the night before. When I finally did arrive in Jakarta, everything was arranged just as the concierge said it would be and my stay at the Mandarin was great as always.

Bandung
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had a last minute trip to Jakarta and decided to stay at this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised with the whole experience! The front desk officers were very friendly, greeted us with biggg sincere smiles, seeing that we travelled with our 7 month baby, they upgraded us to a deluxe room and arranged a higher floor with imam bonjol st view for a quiet experience. How thoughtful! Baby crib came with a rubber ducky and johnson&johnson amenities.. Very nice mattress, the bed was set a little too low so picking up and putting down baby when hes asleep was quite clumsy but overall we re very happy with the service. The room is sooo spacious and lux. Morning breakfast was great..a staff was chatting with us and it was a friendly relaxing perfect sunday breakfast. The lobby remained quiet and i guess thats what i love about it too! Unlike some other 5star hotel lobby which always feel like a market. So, it was pleasant, perfect weekend, and we will definitely come back.

Stayed November 2013
reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

faultless hotel - very large rooms, impeccable standards of housekeeping and maintenance, very helpful and knowledgeable staff

Absolutely central location but walking from the hotel involves some typically poorly maintained city sidewalks

Prices are reasonably high but lower than in many similar hotels in large cities in Asia

The car service to.from the airport is a must have!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I recently had a wedding here and i must say that I was surprised with the quality and assertiveness they maintain. Mr. Achmad Azumar was the wedding event person who had been very helpful along the preparation for a year. He has provide the quality he assured since day one. I'm actually grateful that he was the person who handled my wedding. His politeness and effciency has made everything easier. Although he was on leave for my food test, he would still pick up my calls and ensure that every menu on the set would be well prepared. I just had to walk in and mentioned my name while everything is taken care of. During our technical meeting with the vendors, whatever things he can provide on behalf of the hotel, is fulfilled on the wedding day. Not a thing was wrong or misplaced. Communication was vital and excellent. He understood what needs to be done. He represented well for the hotel as he shows his competency. Every employee was very well mannered and they greet me by name. It just shows how well informed they are. I was quite worried about the food but the taste won't let you down. It was amazing. Every menu on the set for the wedding was great. We loved it, our families, relatives and friends loved it as well. You won't expect the how great their food are. Even after the wedding, they would surprise you by decorating your bridal suite in a romantic and sweet ways. Not to mentioned the complementary things they would put there. Their receptionist and concierge was very vigilant as I would call them at dawn to request for a few things I required. And 5 minutes later they would show up at your door with what you need. They had recently renovated the rooms and I would say it was a job well done. Over all, I wasn't disappointed and was very satisfied with the quality and 5 star service they provide. I would definitely come back there on occasional basis.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have to say that the hotel & the service I received on my recent business stay cannot be faulted.. from the Security staff - who are always welcoming & smiling, to the Concierge Staff, Executive Floor (Ria - Club Lounge Manager) and her team - who welcomed me back & are accommodating for all guests. However my standout was the service by the front desk agent Denny - who went above & beyond expectations / service & the best I've seen in the world. My luggage didn't arrive - I checked in at 10pm on Sunday evening - to commence business the next morning.. Just a small comment I made when asked 'can we assist with luggage' - I said 'actually this is it - what I'm wearing' ... from that he personally delivered an amenities kit, and had my clothes washed & returned by 7am the next morning. It wasn't the hotel's responsibility - however he took the initiative & I cannot say enough for the exceptional service.

The hotel is in an excellent location and the staff everywhere actually 'look at you & say 'Good Morning' - and those who you've had contact with then add your name.. Thank you ..

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I go to Jakarta once in every few months for a business. After a long trip and being in the car for another 2 hours from the airport to the hotel, one last thing that you want to do is waiting at the front office for a check-in. At Mandarin Oriental Jakarta, we were offered in-room check in, which was absolute hassle-free. As soon as I got in to the room, chilled fresh Mango Juice was offered (which was already prepared in the room). I felt instant ease.

As a business traveler, F&B option is also very important - nothing too crazy but something easy and quick. Both Cinnamon and Room Service really fulfilled my satisfaction on that point. Offerings on the breakfast buffet was also great.

Highlight of my very short stay at Mandarin Oriental Jakarta was Concierge. Had to change my flight ticket to earlier one, they changed not only my flight ticket but also contacted my next hotel in Singapore to change the time of my airport pick up while I was having breakfast - just amazing (I forgot this lady's name who helped me out - she wore glasses, very professional)

Kudos to Mandarin Oriental Jakarta team and hope to continue a great work!

Room Tip: Hotel seems to have two views - one pool and one for this big roundabout view. I personally liked th...