There are a lot of terrific things to say about this hotel. First among them is the staff who are uniformly polite and helpful. Within hours of checking in I was being greeted by name by people I’d never seen before.
My standard room was almost a suite with a large bathroom, separate lavatory and massive sitting/bedroom. All conceivable amenities are provided and replenished daily. The shower is excellent, bed comfortable and aircon silent and effective. The lighting is quite dark unfortunately which makes working or reading at night difficult.
The restaurants in the hotel are all pleasant but if you are stuck there for a while the options get a bit samey. As you are in one of the busier and wealthier parts of the city getting to other hotels, shopping centers or standalone places is quite easy and taxis are cheap. Walking is not recommended in this area unless you are fond of high-risk jaywalking.
The gym is very good and underutilised even when the hotel seemed quite full. The pool is shallow and warm. Cooling off is easier in the chilly aircon indoors. The biggest criticism I can offer to an otherwise excellent hospitality experience is the presence of pushy prostitutes in the first floor hotel bar.
For around US$200 per night though in a third-world country this is really a terrific bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the warmth of Indonesian hospitality and the levels of service for which Mandarin Oriental is renowned, Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta offers exemplary personalised service in luxurious surroundings. Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is an oasis of 21st-century luxury with 272 spacious guest rooms, including 24 suites and a variety of award-winning restaurants and bar concepts, which become the meeting place of choice for hotel guests and the local community. The state-of-the-art meeting and banqueting facilities also provide the best venues for both business and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Expedia and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Mandarin Jakarta
- Jakarta Mandarin Oriental