“This hotel is filled with kindness.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta

You added JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. DR. Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung Kav. E 1.2 No. 1 & 2, Mega Kuningan, Jakarta 12950, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Spa Package for 2
Ranked #12 of 332 Hotels in Jakarta
Musashino, Japan
“This hotel is filled with kindness.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family in March. I heard that this hotel was attacked by terrorists about ten years ago, so security check for entrance is very strict. Accomodation and restaurants in this hotel are fabulous.The location is also convienient.
In addition, I was very suprised with the kindness of the hotel staff. Actually I left the jaket for my son in the hotel because it was already worn out, but the housekeeping department found it and asked me by e-mail if it should be stored until our next stay. For that reason, I think that it will better to stay at this hotel in case I visit Jakarta again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this JW one week for business. I travel the world for a living so I stay in many hotels, often Marriott properties.. This outstanding hotel is truly one of the best. The staff is amazing. Many staff remembered me by name through the week. Food in the lounge is amazing. The breakfast buffet is truly a feast and you may not want to eat again all day! Be sure to visit the pool, gardens and gym on the third floor. Jakarta is a frenzied place to work. This hotel is a welcoming and peaceful home to come to after a busy work day. Bartender Hazan in the lounge will make you a great nightcap.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Charity_Pradiptarini, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta. We are very glad to know that you had an excellent stay with us and pleased with services we provided. It has always been our goal to provide outstanding services and to make our guests feel like at home.

Should you have any additional comments and/or questions, please do not hesitate to email us at mhrs.jktjw.marcomm.exec@marriotthotels.com or call us at +6221 5798 8888. We appreciate your insightful feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

On average I stay here 2-3 nights every 2 weeks and even though Jakarta is not my favourite working place, JWM makes it a whole lot more pleasurable. They recognized me from visit 3 onwards, understand my preferences... and ensure they do the best to accommodate them. From the people at the check in counter, to the breakfast and storage - it's amazing.

I travel quite a lot for my work and stay in many hotels. Service wise this is top of the range in my opinion.

The rooms might need a bit of a refresher, but the beds are very good and all amenities are there. Full 5 stars for me.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floors and the view on the Kuningan side - but that's very personal.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here on 3 separate, week-long business trips.

First thing you will notice is the extremely tight security, due to the hotel's history of terrorist bombings. It might be a bit of a hassle, but I felt really safe. Service is top-notch, I was surprised when the doorman greeted me by name!

No complaints about rooms whatsoever. They were clean and very comfortable.
The breakfast spread is heavenly! Probably the best I have had in terms of variety and quality. I would suggest waking up earlier to just dig in and pig out!

Location is fine. It is located next to some empty plots of land so the view isn't something to shout about. A convenience store is located right next door, and beside that is a nice restaurant with a good selection of local flavors. We loved it so much, we went there almost every night!

Walk a little further and you get to Oakwood, which has a Starbucks, a grocer and a number of restaurants. All this within 5 minutes walk from the hotel front door! Loewy's at Oakwood is a western restaurant with a lovely atmosphere, and it seems to be a popular hangout for many expats.
Ambassador mall is located just 10-15minutes walk, towards the back of the hotel. This mall is popular among locals and is good for some cheap electronics and gadget shopping.
Also, it is not difficult to get a taxi from the hotel in the mornings.

All in all, a fantastic hotel that provided a memorable stay. Highly recommended.

TIP: Sign up for the Marriott rewards membership once you sign in and you automatically get free laundry for one item per night and a copy of Wall Street Journal Asia every morning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Charity_Pradiptarini, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank for staying at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta on your recent business trip to Jakarta. We are pleased to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and satisfied with our services. We would also like to thank you for your kind understanding regarding the hotel’s tight security, it is our priority to ensure our guests’ safety while they are at the hotel and we are glad to know that you felt that way during your stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact us by email at mhrs.jktjw.marcomm.exec@marriotthotels.com or by phone at +62 21 5798 8888, if you have any additional comments and/or questions. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and valuable tips. It is our absolute pleasure to make your stay a memorable one, and we look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Check in here over the weekend with rewards points. Was given a welcome drink, fruits in room, even complimentary buffet breakfast and a late checkout! for only 15000 reward points per night. 5 star service from bell hop to concierge. No where in asia can you stay in a JW with such low points. (I hope after this review, it does not go up) Will definitely stay here again!

Al-Khobar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed only one night at this Hotel while waiting for our flight to Bali. This Hotel has very good location, right in front of a big shopping mall. The room is really nice and spacious and the bed is so comfortable (we still use this bed as a benchmark when going to other hotels). The food is great and the room service is quick even though we ordered our food at midnight. I can not find any drawback about this hotel maybe except for the overly tight security measures around this hotel, which is fine by me but you just need to wait and be patience before you can enter the hotel. We got a good price too since we are using corporate rate. Overall, this is an excellent hotel and we recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

From the first minute I hated it. The prison like security set the mood. The check-in staff although friendly were not well trained and I had to explain everything 5 times over, like I will like at least two nights stay please. Rooms old but clean, poor value, its more like 3 star. wall that said the buffet is amazing.

• Stayed March 2013
Charity_Pradiptarini, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Respected Guest,

Thank you for sharing valuable thoughts on services at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta. On behalf of the hotel’s management, we are very sorry to make you feel disappointed and inconvenient with services we provided. We have passed on your feedback to our front office and security team, and they are working hard to improve their service quality.

In regards of our security system, we would like to assure you that it is not our intention to make our guests feel uncomfortable. However, the safety of our guests and associates has and always will be our main priority, and we do hope you could understand it.

Should you have any additional feedback and/or questions, please do not hesitate to email us at mhrs.jktjw.marcomm.exec@marriotthotels.com or call us at +62 21 5798 8888. We appreciate your time and feedback, and hope to see you again in the near future.

The Management of JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta? Share your experiences!