I am looking for a quick staycation and hoping we can enjoy the short holiday inside Ancol.
I booked in accor's website for Grand Deluxe room. I chose it because of the newly renovated room. When I came at 11am, the first reception says the room is not ready yet, if I want an early check in, she suggest to take the Deluxe Ocean.
Knowing the Deluxe Ocean room is still not fully renovated, I politely refuse and will wait for the Grand Deluxe room to be ready and be back at 2pm.
Back at 2pm. Another reception says, that today (the day i came) all the room in the tower (the newly renovated room) is not available, so they had to change our booking to Deluxe Ocean room. The price is similar, they said.
I was so cranky. I still insist but they told me that's the way it is, all the rooms cannot be use until weekend (I came in thursday 15th may) Still hoping we get a good room, even that WE WERE DOWNGRADED!
First look at the deluxe ocean at room 515 they gave me, the only good thing is the view and the big bed (twin bed-each is about 140cm size). Other is disaster. Ants everywhere (dont try to put any food on the table, ants will crawl up from everywhere!), the AC is too noisy and the toilet water is brown!
I dont realize the AC is not in its greatest condition in the night time when we came back from dinner. It is not cold (i set everything to the max-still not helping), I even sweat a bit and the aircon noise is like a horror lullaby stopping us from getting sleepy. I slept at 3am because of it! My 6yo daughter slept at 11pm (she usually sleep at 9).
Maybe I won't be this irritated & cranky if they did not DOWNGRADE MY BOOKING and I felt I'm paying overprice for this disappointment. Maybe I'm also Indonesian, I came in no makeup & all sweat (was jogging in ecopark before coming) so they can treat us like that?.
While other get an upgraded room, well this hotel is giving me the opposite service. I felt so tricked!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Convention Center is the International hotel in Jakarta that offer travellers a tranquil overlooking beachfront setting and the comfortable of holiday ambiance with sunset over the open sea. Located on the exciting Ancol Dreamland Park, Mercure Convention Center being an iconic seaside destination boasting such an attractions for the Fantasy World, Oceanarium, Arts & Crafts, Jet Ski, Skylift cable car and many more. The hotel is only 20-minute drive from the International airport and 15 minutes from Jakarta business district. There is no greater or more private address to host events with stature. Whether large or small meetings, business or social event or intimate wedding arrangement, our dedicated team caters every element necessary for memorable date and sustained up to 2,000 seating capacities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Convention Center Ancol Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Mercure Hotel Jakarta
- Accor Convention Centre Ancol