This is my first time stayed at mercure ancol, beacuse this hotel has good location and near the MEIS ancol. But it was very dissapointing.
1. the first of all was no smile from all staff.
2. the room was very outdated. not enough light inside the room. so, by the time at night you have to walk around your room in the dark.
3. the bathroom was dissapointing. shower didn't work properly, toilet didn't flush very well, the bathtub crakced, the sink was dirty by the first time i got in to the room and also lots of something like mosquito flying around in the bathroom and in bedroom (esp. bathroom). Rust everywhere.
4. The bed linen was not neatly. a bit smelly.
5. is this hotel did not provide minibar in the room? because no minibar in my room and the fridge was empty.
6. Bath Towel was a total dissapointing. small, looks very old and the color was faded. i was stayed with 2 kids. when i asked for an extra towel, their answer was now they are doing a green action for the environment, and only can give 2 towel each room. but they can change it when it got wet.
7. when i called for a room service, the staff was talking with his friend while he was on the phone with me?!?! That was totally unacceptable.
8. Express taxi in this hotel was a total dissaster. if you go somewhere inside Ancol from Mercure using this taxi, it will cost you 25.000 rupiah. meanwhile from the same spot where you go, to go back to the hotel only cost you 10.000 rupiah using other taxi. And seems the concierge staff team up with the taxi driver to cost you 25.000 rupiah.
And at the end of our stay, i was checking out at front office. also at that time the reception phone was ringing. He didn't serve me, but answering the phone! without noticing me in front of him. so i have to wait more time for him answering the phone first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Convention Center is the International hotel in Jakarta that offer travellers a tranquil overlooking beachfront setting and the comfortable of holiday ambiance with sunset over the open sea. Located on the exciting Ancol Dreamland Park, Mercure Convention Center being an iconic seaside destination boasting such an attractions for the Fantasy World, Oceanarium, Arts & Crafts, Jet Ski, Skylift cable car and many more. The hotel is only 20-minute drive from the International airport and 15 minutes from Jakarta business district. There is no greater or more private address to host events with stature. Whether large or small meetings, business or social event or intimate wedding arrangement, our dedicated team caters every element necessary for memorable date and sustained up to 2,000 seating capacities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, ACCOR, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Convention Center Ancol Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Mercure Hotel Jakarta
- Accor Convention Centre Ancol