“Good room, value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Jakarta Kota

Save Saved
You added Mercure Jakarta Kota to your Saves list
Mercure Jakarta Kota
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Hayam Wuruk No. 123, Glodok, Jakarta 11160, Indonesia   |
Ranked #89 of 309 hotels in Jakarta
Manila, Philippines
“Good room, value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days/2 nights. The façade was nice. Rooms were clean and complete with toiletries, water, etc. I am not too keen of the location though since you cannot go anywhere without hailing a cab. There are small restos and malls within the vicinity but the big ones are a cab ride away. Breakfast was okay. Many stuff to choose from - traditional indonesian breakfast, different kinds of chips, breads, all kinds of chili sauce, and the like. I asked for an iron and ironing board during my last night and they gladly brought one to my room with no charge. Overall, it was good but I would probably try other hotels in Jakarta next time I visit.

• Stayed October 2012
Mercure J, Director of Sales at Mercure Jakarta Kota, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mercure Jakarta Kota Hotel and it was our pleasure to have you staying with us.

On behalf of all Management and all of staff of Mercure Jakarta Kota Hotel, we would like to express our gratitude for your great comments during your stay.

Your input and comments are precious to us, and thank you for your kind contribution which will allow us to keep on upgrading our product and services .

We look forward having the pleasure to welcome you again at Mercure Jakarta Kota Hotel soon.

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
surabaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked from accor website with BCA promo pay 2 for 3 and free upgrade to next catagory room. I booked non smoking superior room and get non smoking deluxe room. The room is big and clean, but the bath room quite small and the pillow too hard for me, that make me not sleep well. The wifi signal very poor only 2-3 bar in my notebook wifi signal indicator. Everybody can access the lift to the room, no security at all (no need to have room key to access the lift to the room). Since Mercure is 4 star hotel they should consider about this security option. Over all I like this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mercure J, Director of Sales at Mercure Jakarta Kota, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Sir,

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. Your input and comments are precious to us, and thank you for your kind contribution which will allow us to keep on upgrading our services and customer’s satisfaction has always been our priority.

Please be informed our hotel is completed with 24 hours security system, CCTV in guest lift, guest floor and public area and also security patrol every hours as our commitment to provide safety and comfortableness for guests.

We look forward having the pleasure to welcome you again at Mercure Jakarta Kota.

Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked this hotel for my second trip to Jakarta. My first stay was in Mercure Ancol by the seaside and I wanted to see a liitle of city life. The hotel is quite run down although not shabby. I had booked an executive deluxe room and had to check that I was in the right room as there was nothing deluxe about it at all. I stayed for five days which was way too long. The environment around the hotel is neither interesting nor pleasant and anywhere interesting is a cab ride away in heavy Jakarta traffic. I spent quite a bit of time in the hotel, the pluses were that the internet is free and that mostly the staff are extremely helpful. On the downside there is nowhere to sit in this hotel. The meagre sized bar is populated by mosquitoes and the staff not so helpful. Most nights there was some good live music but it was not pleasant to sit and watch. It was good value for money and not noisy to sleep. Good for a couple of days but no more

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mercure J, Director of Sales at Mercure Jakarta Kota, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Mr/Mrs Erica,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mercure Jakarta Kota Hotel. It was our pleasure to have you staying with us.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay and we will share your comments with our team especially in regard the Executive Deluxe room that not meet your expectation. We sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement for us to continuously improve the quality of product and services.

And kindly be informed Mercure Jakarta Kota Hotel is located in very famous of Chinatown business, shopping and entertainment area that always busy especially in the peak hours. You will find a famous electronic shopping arcade GLODOK for only 10 minutes walk to the right side of Hotel, by 10 minutes walk to the left side of Hotel you will find lots of famous traditional food and entertainment place that would give you a great experiences.Our guest relation officer will happy to help you to explore the area .

Your input and comments are precious to us, and thank you for your kind contribution which will allow us to keep on upgrading our services. Customer’s satisfaction has always been the priority set for us.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Mercure Jakarta Kota is one my regular choices when I visit Jakarta, and I've seen how the hotel has deteriorated over the years.

On my most recent trip, I found the water in the bathroom to be brownish - probably from rusty piping. Needless to say, I did not take any shower or brushed my teeth in them. Fortunately it was a short trip, so I could use the airport lounge on my way back for a quick shower.

The reception staff was polite and generally accommodating. However, I noticed that the hotel either has a large rotating staff (unlikely) or has a very high turnover (more likely) as I didn't recognise any of the front desk staff despite having stayed here several times this year.

The room are badly lit and felt gloomy and dark. The room that I was in (1012) was musty and had cigarette smell although it was on a non-smoking floor. The carpets were dirty - I normally walk barefoot in room, and this isn't one where you want to talk barefoot in! I'm sensitive to dust, so I couldn't sleep much, as the room was dusty (I think they do not dust the shelves) and the air-conditioner warm.

We wanted to have dinner in the Chinese restaurant but was told it has now been 'combined' with the coffee house. The food was not as good as I remember how it was in the past. It was average, but cost about three times the street price. Like most hotels in Jakarta, you will be better served if you are a Caucasian - as we had problems getting the attention of the waiters.

Water is not free. I asked for a glass of warm water for my wife to take her medicine with and was told they DO NOT HAVE WARM WATER. It was overpriced bottled water or nothing. But on hindsight, that's probably a good thing - given the fact the hotel's piped water were murky and brownish.

We had our post-dinner drinks at the lounge and it was infested with mosquitoes! Not one or two but a whole colony of it! Needless to say, our drinks were short and we couldn't wait to go. BUT the clincher was that the waiter took 15 minutes to get our bill. Apparently he had to go somewhere else where there's a cashier to print out our bill. And in the meantime, we were left fighting off the mosquitoes!

Overall, it wasn't a pleasant experience with this hotel.

PROS: Excellent location in the old city of Jakarta. Near my office, so didn't have to travel much across Jakarta's infamous traffic. Taxis are easy to get. Internet is free, although can be very choppy. Staff are generally friendly and accommodating, although more training is probably needed. Beds are comfortable and you get both soft and firm pillows.

CONS: Dirty, musty room. Brownish, murky water. Bellmen who lingered on expecting tips. Mosquito infested.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mercure J, Director of Sales at Mercure Jakarta Kota, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Mr. William,

First of all thank you for your trust to choose Mercure Jakarta Kota Hotel for your accommodation and it always be our pleasure to have you staying with us.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay and we assure serious action will be taken from your comment related with condition of room, menu at our restaurant and front desk service. You can rest assure that this is neither standards nor typical services provided to our customer.

As our commitment to continuously improve the quality of hotel facilities, kindly be informed currently we are doing maintenance in hotel facilities including the plumbing system, and we are expecting by mid of 2013 all the project are done and ready to meet the guest satisfaction.

Your input and comments are precious to us, and thank you for your kind contribution which will allow us to keep on upgrading our services and customer’s satisfaction has always been the priority set for us.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The good sides: staff extremely friendly and breakfast so extensive that it caters to everyone's needs (Asian and European tates), city transport station in front of the lobby, close to shopping malls. Rooms are clean and fairly new.
To be considered: Standard far from the one of Mercure in Europe. More a mid-range budget hotel. Swimming pool and spa amenities require serious renovation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mercure J, Director of Sales at Mercure Jakarta Kota, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Sir or Madams,

We will share your comments with our team especially in regards of pool and spa facilities. We sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again at Mercure Jakarta Kota.

Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Cons:
We could tell that it's an old hotel as soon as we walked in. The room had the old, musty smell and the carpet was horrendously dirty. So much stains everywhere.
Bedsheet wasn't entirely clean (smudges on the blanket) and pillow cover had marker-pen writings on it! We had to request for the bedsheet to be changed immediately. When we questioned on the carpet's stains, we were informed that those stains were old stains and they just couldn't remove it.
Internet connection was extremely slow (had to wait for at least 3 minutes to connect to a website), we complained to the reception, they said they would call us back, which they didn't.
Bathroom was small, bathroom door (wooden) looked good from outside, but looked like it's about to fall off from the bathroom.
Faucet was leaking.
Squeaky bed.

Pros:
Location is good, near to the shopping area.
Room is quite spacious.
Free parking.
Pillows were extremely comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercure J, Director of Sales at Mercure Jakarta Kota, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Madam,

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay and we assure serious action will be taken from your comment related with the room condition and internet service.

As our commitment to continuously improve the product and service quality, currently we are doing the room refurbishment and by the end of March 2013 we are expecting the project done to meet the guest satisfaction.

Customer’s satisfaction has always been the priority set for us, and once again thank you for your input and comments.

Should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Looking forward to welcoming you again at Mercure Jakarta Kota.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to Mercure Jakarta Kota? Share your experiences!