“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Letjen S Parman Kav 59, Jakarta 11066, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Win Samsung Galaxy S5 now
Ranked #74 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Uithoorn, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in the Ibis Slipi Jakarta for 3 nights when visiting the medical Expo. As Jakarta traffic is absolutely terrible we chose this hotel close to the Expo, about 15 minutes drive.
The hotel is like any Ibis all over the world, rooms not large but clean, bathroom the same. Staff friendly and efficiënt. Breakfast good, and there is a good restaurant for dinner. Shoppingcenter is not close, about 30 minutes.
Although the hotel is next to a main road there is no traffic noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have to attend some meeting until pass check out time. I asked the receptionist staff (by phone) whether she could help me with my check out schedule while I was still out.
She helped me by gave me extra 2 hours check out time with no hassle what so ever and I was surprise that the hotel didn't charge me at all for that extra hour.

Thanks Ibis Slipi Jakarta.

Rgds,
Ekko.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Broken Bow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this cute hotel last month and my golly was I surprised!

My third trip to Indonesia as I like to go to Bali and I always stay one night in jakarta to enjoy a bit of shopping. I normally stay at the hotel near Taman Angreak Shopping centre but this time I was attracted by the shopping promotion at the hotel with free taxi and breakfast.

The hotel was an amazing surprise... Big hotel, lots of restaurants, great pool, a gym (didnt go there though :(....)

Rooms were really clean and the cleaner was a delight.. Wismoyo I think was the name.

Location is good but not quite as good as Taman Angreak but the taxi voucher was more than enough to get me too and from the shopping centre which is 10 minutes up the road.

Staff really really happy all the time.. even the manager who I think is American is always saying hi to the guests.

Strongly recommend this hotel and I will come back again.

Thanks Ibis Team.

See you in February 2013!

Room Tip: GO HIGH... the views are the greatest!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Rennes, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Positive points :
1.Cleanliness & Hotel Facilities.
Very clean, well function hotel facilities (amenities in the room, fitness, pool), compare to most of Jakarta hotels at the same price range.
2.Location
Situated on a main big road, easy access to other part of Jakarta, with Blue Bird (reliable) taxi in front of hotel.

Negative points :
1. Service --> Human Resource Quality
-- Long check-in and check-out.
No one take fast & properly action, considering a queue of clients, and 2 staffs just standing, doing nothing, just watching other 2 staffs working.
-- Long service at dinner in restaurant
Staff forget to bring food already ordered 30 minutes before (???) with NO APOLOGIZE.
-- Long service at breakfast.
Regardless have had asked politely hotel staff to refill empty dishes, still have to bring empty jar of fresh milk, myself, and have to wait, and finally gave up waiting for.

Note : at breakfast, I see an expat woman have to move all her plates by herself, due to her table-leg was broken.
After a while, a staff come in, but instead of taking out the table from the room (to repair it after), she put bunch of paper to "fill in the gap" as "table support" (???)

This hotel is very potential to be "the best choice to stay less than $100 in Jakarta"(West and Central), with a bald underline note; to improve the quality of its human resources that will impact significantly to Customer Service and Satisfaction

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IbisJakartaSlipi, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Slipi, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear rennes_france

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

It is always a disappointment for me to see an satisfactory experience as we strive daily to impreve the level of services offered.

However its thanks to our guest responses that we can continue to closely monitor our hotel and make sure we are are focussing ion the right issues.

Just a few comments on your stay:

We have conducted a couple of thematic meetings to address the long wait period observed during your stay and I can safely say that all teams are working on the improvement of this particular issue and hopefully with the redesign of our public areas we will be able to adapt a few of the structural issues to help accelerate our service.

The Human Resources department is also currently working on our training plan for 2013 and due to your remarks we have made some adaptations in order to make sure that the friendliness of our team members continues to be paramount.

I hope we have the opportunity to meet at your next stay here at ibis Jakarta Slipi and you will be able to see for yourself that the correct measures have been taken to improve the guest experience.

Thank you again for your very informative review.

Phil J. REID
ibsi Jakarta Slipi
Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

everytime i visit my children in Jakarta, i always stay at ibis slipi
it is the best deal in Jakarta
i always recommend ibis slipi to my friends.
nice rooms, good service and easy access.
i just cannot remember how many times i stayed at ibis slipi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IbisJakartaSlipi, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Slipi, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear d33k3y

Your comment is a pleasure to read and to share with the team. Thank you so much for your statement and review. We are happy you fully enjoyed your saty with at ibis Jakarta Slipi abd we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards

Phil J. REID
ibis Jakarta Slipi

Been to Ibis Jakarta Slipi? Share your experiences!