“Strategic location for those who love to shopping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Jakarta Mangga Dua Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ibis Jakarta Mangga Dua Hotel to your Saves list
Ibis Jakarta Mangga Dua Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Pangeran Jayakarta 73, Jakarta 10730, Indonesia (Sawah Besar)   |
Special Offer
Win Samsung Galaxy S5 now
Ranked #119 of 324 Hotels in Jakarta
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
“Strategic location for those who love to shopping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

When we checked in and the reception only got 1 staff to attend to the guest. We have to wait about 10 minutes to be attended and his not so friendly. Our room got very bad smell, and i think that is from the toilet (coz, when we enter the room the toilet door are opened) the toilet also quite gloomy, (scary). Big room with wifi. But i think the service it terrible. How can you let other guest to check in in the room that occupied with another guest? Yes! This is what happen to us! OMG! No one from the reception counter come or called us for apology. Only after we called them and maked noise than only they taking action. They come to our room with duty manager ( after we demand to see the duty manager). But they act like nothing happen or small matter. Imagine if we were not in the room..and the other guest check in, and all of our thing inside the room, or we are not in a proper dress? Wow! They offered us a basket of fruits( actually a small plate of fruits..huhuhuu).. But the location of the hotel is very good actually. Very near to Mangga Dua shopping place..and its easy to find food around the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The room offered to me this time looks older than the previous stay I had.
Breakfast was ok only. Expect to have local hot soup dishes, such as Noodle soup, etc...
Location is good, but worry about the flood.
May or may not stay in this hotel again, depending on the offer.
On the positive side, the Internet access is very good. This is especially important tool for business trips.
I suggest that the power point sockets to be converted to be Universal, rather than the local Indonesian type.
The powerpoints on the wall is sufficient and very good for charging a few devices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Please take away the 15minutes guaranttee if the hotel can't live up to the promise.
Service staffs are very friendly but the speed is simply too slow hopefully not because of the pace or style.
The other comment is the guard at the entrance where he simply dish out a card and collect it when the car leaves the premise. I see entirely no purpose and a waste of time.
The poor guy were still dishing the entry-card with asmile when the water is at knee high.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would just like to say that Ibis mangga dua hotel is just the right hotel for everyone to stay. The rooms are big & spacious, very clean with very helpful room service. All the staffs there are very friendly & helpful. Security in Hotel Ibis mangga dua is also very good.

I & my family had a wonderful 4 days stay. I would recommend everyone to choose this hotel as everything is just perfect there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am writing this on behalf of my father. The bookings was done by him.
This is our first time staying with Ibis Jakarta Mangga Dua Hotel. We booked two rooms (adjoining). There were no rooms with both king beds so one of the rooms have to be in 2 single beds ( we are fine with that anyways). The room interior was simple and overall cleanliness was good. My parents loved the hotel restaurant as the food was really good (we had our dinners there). Breakfast was okay with basic choices of food.

The only downside of it is the venue. We had to go through rain to get to the next block (to a shopping mall), which is not that far anyways. it will be better if they built a covered pedestrian walkway for the hotel visitors.

all in all, it is value for money. The rates are quite cheap and we'll definitely return to this hotel whenever we visit Jakarta :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
makassar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I choose this hotel to stayed at the end of December 2012, again with my little family. For those who wants to shop at Mangga Dua, it is a good choice coz you don't have to wasting your time on jakarta's crowded traffic to get into Mangga Dua area, just be carefull with the hotel environment, cause it looks unsave especially when you came back to the hotel lately at night. The room is clean, amenities are enough, breakfast is good with various menu. the front desk officers are friendly, but not about the bell boys. when I called them by phone to help me to bring my belongings down stair for check out, they didn't pick it up at all, then I rang the front desk and they told me that the bellboys are busy for other guest's same request, they also said that there was no luggage trolley available for me, all were occupied. so, we bring our travel bags and goods downstair by ourselves. when I arrived at front desk, I saw three bellboys sat there, one stand at the lobby with three luggage trolley beside him, not in use as they told me before. so,what can I say about the bellboys ? they are lazy aren"t they ??

Room Tip: higher floors would be better to get mangga dua over view, hahahaha.