“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza

You added InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza to your Saves list
InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav 10 - 11, Jakarta 10220, Indonesia (Tanah Abang)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night in 2012 to write an exam.

Main reason to stay was to write a difficult exam that I felt the need to eliminate non-exam related stress (traffic, bfast, lunch). Book a club room and upgraded to studio suite upon arrival thanks to my ambassador status.

The room was spacious, with a sofa and glass coffee table that was instantly spread out with my study notes. The club lounge was great, I had he nitbits that I skipped dinner. Had to restrain my self from picking the wine glass offered and kept my nose to my summary book during the cocktail hours. Was really envious towards the three Norwegian guests who had their fourth round of wine *sigh*

I had the bfast in the lounge as well. Was too nervous to have bfast so the yummy green tea and banana saved my morning. The bfast spread looks great though. Before I went to the exam hall I ordered my sup buntut to arrive at 12:15 pm as I had only an hour for lunch during the exam break. I went to the lounge at 12:20 and the oxtail soup was ready. As my friend was in tow, I ordered an extra sup buntut and the additional order was filled in just 10 mins. Met my hubby at the lounge at 5 after the exAm as he'd checked out the room. The lounge staff kindly offered me an iced tea which was very very much welcomed after battered by 6 hour exam

All in all, the service the hotel gave me during the one night stay helped me reduce the logistical stress.

I will likely book your property again in June for another exam as I passed the last one

So, I am satisfied with this hotel. Although I still haven't received my ambassador weekend certificate. But this is not the hotel's fault. This is ambassador problem (I joined amb in sept, and haven't received the cert)

• Stayed December 2012
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear safircraze,

Thank you for your support towards InterContinental Hotels Group especially InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza and congratulations you have passed the exam!

We are very delighted that you have enjoyed your last stay with us and we could contribute to reduce your stress levels for your exams with our facilities and services.
Thank you for your compliments over the room, food, club facilities and our services to your liking.

On your next visit, we would like to suggest our “Daily Market Express Lunch” for a quick set lunch at Scusa. Located on the Lower Ground, Deli also offers the new Asian noodles as well as “create your own” pasta for more menu selection.

In regards to the ambassador weekend certificate, please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relations Officer for further assistance. It is our pleasure to assist you by contacting our Ambassador Centre for the update status.

Once again, thank you for your valuable and positive feedback and we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in June 2013.

InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Indonesian first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I recently stayed in the InterContinental in Jakarta and was a little disappointed. The pros are that the room is very pretty and fairly comfortable. There are several cons: First, the pool is under construction. Jakarta is VERY hot and humid and not having any pool access was a HUGE disappointment, especially since I didn't receive any notification in advance that it was going on. The staff did say that the renovation should be done in April, but it didn't look very close to finished to me. To make up for my disappointment, I had a massage which was actually wonderful. I very highly recommend it. The massage was very reasonably priced and they actually came to my room instead of me coming to the spa. Another bonus - they will book a massage until 11:00 pm, so I was able to schedule it after my meetings were finished for the day. Next con: The internet was very spotty during my 2 day stay. The internet went out completely about 10 pm the first night (a big problem because I was supposed to have a Skype meeting at that time) and didn't come back until noon the next day. After the internet finally came back up, it continued to blip out from time to time for the rest of the day. Now, the staff was very apologetic about the inconvenience and I do think that they handled it well, but if you are like me and are traveling for business and need internet access, you might want to take this in to consideration. Con #3 - There was a very distinct and strong smell both in the lobby, the elevator lobby, and in my room at first. I was told it was the cleaner that the hotel uses, but honestly it was a very strong and very unpleasant smell - like paint remover. The smell did go away in my room after the AC ran for a while, but every time I stepped out of the elevator I was a little overwhelmed. I may be a little sensitive - a few people in my group mentioned it and a few others said they didn't notice it. I think it might just depend on the person. All in all, the hotel is so so. The staff is really great. Very friendly, very professional, very helpful. The location is pretty good. There are some restaurants, bars, and a convenience store all accessible from inside the hotel (good if you know Jakarta traffic). But there were also some issues. Most likely the problems that I had will be resolved within a month or so once the renovations are complete, but you might want to check with the hotel about the status of the renovations before you book.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Jennifer K,

Thank you for your recent stay and sharing your feedback.
We are very delighted that you found our comfortable room, friendly, professional and helpful colleagues especially our spa treatment to your liking.

In regards to the swimming pool renovation, it is part of our continuing efforts to upgrade our guest facilities. After the renovation, we will offer a complete new swimming pool and we look forward to sharing these new feature with you as well as many more to come and we are sure you will appreciate the improvements once they have completed towards the end of May 2013.

It is much regret we hear that you didn’t get any notification in advance since we have mentioned the renovation on the website and the online booking as well as informed during the booking process through the hotel directly or through the confirmation letter.

We are sorry to hear the shortfall of service you have experienced in regards to the internet service. During your stay, we have encountered disruption on the internet connection, thus caused the connection to be slow or inconsistent. In the meantime the internet services have been restored. The situation you had encountered is certainly not the usual high standards of our hotel, and we very much appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.

Meanwhile for the strong smell in the lobby and the elevator, it might come from the aromatherapy scents air purifier which you were not accustomed to.

Our hotel location is certainly one of our competitive strengths which is near to business and entertainment area and we are glad that you feel the same.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback. Last but not least, we will improve our service and hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

the hotel room is nice and the bed is confortable,friendly staff and room very clean but no so big,location near grand indonesia shoping mall by taxi only 10 minutes,the citywalk mall next door has many restaurants offering a variety of east and western food.

Room Tip: premier room twin
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear yudy1269,

Thank you for sharing your staying experience at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.
We are very delighted that you found our room, bed, friendly staff and our location to your liking.
Our hotel location is certainly one of our competitive strengths which is near to business and entertainment area.

In regards to the room size, we would like to offer you our One Bedroom Suite which is suitable for our traveller with family.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope you can have the opportunity to try our One Bedroom Suite.

Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you can stay in any other hotel in Jakarta, I would recommend it. This hotel is completely charmless, it's like a nondescript dark airport hotel, the staff are friendly but not very knowledgeable, and they are in a very boring section of Jakarta. To start, Jakarta is an extremely hot city, and their pool is closed under renovation. The hotel doesn't bother to find an altenative in another hotel. Additionally the floors are under renovation in a seemingly haphazard fashion so some of the rooms have fumes from oils and paints. Aside from the chemical smell, the rooms were clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
Dear sjfoodies,

Thank you for your recent stay in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.
We are happy that you found our friendly staff and the clean room to your liking.
In regards to the swimming pool renovation, it is part of our continuing efforts to upgrade our guest facilities. We hope you have enjoyed the sunbeds for relaxation on the 3rd floor Asoka Garden as our alternative offer.

We are sorry to hear about the unfortunate circumstances during your last stay. In regards to the renovation on some floors, it is our regular project to maintain facilities in the room for the convenience of our guests. However, we do apologise that you can smell the chemical. We will ensure that it will not happen again in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to let us know your feedback.
We hope InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza will still be your preferred choice of accommodation on your next trip to Jakarta.

Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for work on two different occasions. It is a standard western hotel. The bed is comfortable the tv has plenty of English language channels. The internet is 25USD per day plus service and regular tax. Breakfast is also about 25USD per day and is not worth it. The pool is being remodeled. The hot tub was nice. My main issue is having the privacy light on for my room as I was working with the constant interruptions from staff-they must check the minibar 2-3 times per day. I was asked three times about cleaning my room-I get that they need to ask but a polite no once should be enough. I was especially annoyed when they called after 9PM to ask about cleaning the room as I was already in bad. I will try to stay elsewhere next time so I can work in the room without interruptions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Soulrebel23,

Thank you for your recent stay and providing us with your feedback.
We are delighted that you found our comfortable bed and the room facilities to your liking.

We are sorry you were disappointed with the quality of our breakfast and have discussed your comments with our Executive Chef.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced with the interruptions when having the privacy light on. The situation you encountered is certainly not the usual high standards of our hotel, and we have discussed your comments with our team in order to ensure this does not happen again.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to share your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent a few days at this hotel and found it one of the best all round. The staff is super friendly and very accommodating, Upon checking in, I requested another room with a different view, this was done promptly and with a smile. The location is great and near all major shopping malls. The Club Lounge was a great experience and again the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Tony C,

Thank you for your recent stay and sharing your staying experience at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza. We are very delighted that you found our location and friendly colleagues, to your liking.

Thank you for your compliments over the hotel and our club facilities.

We hope InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza will be your preferred choice of accommodation on your next visit to Jakarta.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went to InterContinental Hotel a couple of times for SPA treatments and for me the treatments & services at InterContinental Jakarta Hotel are great. I love the traditional & natural touch therapy. It makes me feel relaxed and more energizing. And the place is nice, clean and comfortable. The the massage therapist is professional and friendly. I've truly been pampered!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Laura M,

Thank you for your recent visit to InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza and having our SPA treatments. We are delighted that you found our treatments, services and our professional and friendly therapist to your liking.

Do not miss our special offer at SPA InterContinental every month. For the month of March, we offer 20% discount for any energising package.

Please do not hesitate to contact our SPA Reception for further information and reservations.
Once again, thank you for sharing your good feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza

Been to InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza? Share your experiences!