“Superb service and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta

You added Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta to your Saves list
Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. MH. Thamrin Kav. 15, Jakarta 10350, Indonesia (Menteng)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Take your stay further!
Ranked #6 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta
London, United Kingdom
“Superb service and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Was surprised that the Keraton is part of the Sheraton Group. A really boutique hotel..there are no big lobby to greet you but friendly receptionist.
The rooms are huge...with TV Screen even on the writing desk. Everything in the room is modern, the curtains automated..all from a remote. Apple chargers..
A huge Bathroom with 2 wash basin, a big bathtub and generous amenities.
Adjacent to the hotel is a big shopping mall and connected tot eh Hyatt hotel too.
The hotel breakfast is fantastic..with ala carte choices. The staff even allow me to have a 'take-away" coffee in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear rweston088

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were pleasantly surprised that we are part of Starwood's Luxury Collection.

Making travel less stressful for our guests is a key focus of ours and so i am delighted that you appreciated the take away breakfast.

Please let me know when you return to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

Giles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
Gurgaon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel is located right in middle of everything. And is internally connected to the Plaza - a huge and buzzing mall.
Staff was courteous and very professional. The room itself was extremely well done. I loved the high ceiling and large glass walls. The restaurant has a vegetarian menu for people like me, and the chef is very friendly... 9 on 10 for Keraton!
(I am taking one point away for their lousy laundry service)

Dear bhuwan18

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed the hotel. I am sorry that the laundry service did not live up to the service in other areas of the hotel and this is certianly something that I will address with the team.

Please let me know when you plan on retunirng to the hotel and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

The Hotel is so far one of the highest graded experiences I had. I did arrive at 11:00 my room was still in preparation. I received a espresso on the house and 10 minutes later everything was set and done. The rooms are spacious with an interesting interior design, definitely ot the standard business setup. Personnel always call you by name so you have not the feeling to be a number. All requests are handled in a timely manner, very impressed, even the wish for privacy after a long flight was respected.

Stayed March 2014
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Norbert K

Thank you for your feedback on your recebt stay with us. i am delighted to hear that you has such a good expereince. Our aim is to make your stay as personal and relaxing as possible and it is rewarding for the team to here that you enjoyed this.

Please do let me know when you plan on retunring to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

great neck n.y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

After a long day in the bustling frenetic ,traffic crazy, city of Jakarta, this hotel is like stepping into a Zen retreat. Tucked away but attached to the main Plaza Mall in the city center is a hotel that is discrete, quiet and professional.All the staff are eager to please and know you by name within a few hours of arrival. The rooms are very large with huge marble bathrooms,double sinks, separate standing bath and room sized walk-in showers. All your needs and amenities are there and actual room sizes are impressively large . Towels were a disappointment though…… their bath sheets are similar in size to large hand towels and considering the luxury level of the hotel were a nuisance. The slick marble floors are really slippery and you need to take extra care if you are bare footed.

The bedroom is massive with electric shades and fluffy linens. There is only one restaurant which doubles for all meals decorated in the eclectic wooden style of many top class hotels in Jakarta,with a terrace if you want to eat outside. Food is excellent with a wide variety of Asian and western choices. There is also an lounge area off to the side of the main lobby that serves light food around dinner time if you need to eat but do not want to sit in the main restaurant.

The hotel oozes with calm, serenity and professionalism which you also expect as it is a Starwood member.

The high level Mall is a few steps from the lobby of the hotel and makes it easy if you decide to go shopping.

Room Tip: rooms facing the back of the hotel are noisy from the Prayer calls that start each morning very earl...
Dear michael c

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you like the quality of our offering and service in both the rooms and restaurants and bars.

I will certianly follow up on your comment about the towels.

Please let me know when you plan on returning and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Spend a night in Keraton and must admit I was very impressed. I spend ~100 nights a year in hotels, and this was the first luxury hotel that all the things right. Fantastic large rooms, friendly staff, stylish bath & shower. Very well done. But what impressed me most was that they had all the small things right e.g., one button to shut of all lights (how many times did I have to run around a room to kill the light) but many many more, it all felt natural
Great breakfast, fast services (like getting your coffee served in under a minute instead of waiting 5), personalized stationary ... overall fantastic experience

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Ferry G

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that we got all of the things right. The team spent a considerable amount of time focusing on the small items that make the difference and it is rewarding to hear that you enjoyed these.

Please let me know when you plan on returning to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Keraton at the Plaza provide us with a great hospitality during our stay. The room was spacious, clean and modern. Staff also very helpful in many ways. However, we also face a bit of small problems during our stay at the hotel.

At the time of check in, we were supposed to wait more than 15 minutes. It is pretty funny since i already emailed and communicate with the hotel which confirmed our arrival time. But the room isn't ready even i arrived on scheduled time.

The fact that there is flexible check out time is absolutely amazing, i think i found this is the first hotel that allow me to check out even until 6pm, i am not sure whether this policy still apply in peak season.

Swimming pool is pretty small and very cold. Breakfast also have only small and limited choice.

But overall, i will rate this stay as very good. Will definitely come back again in the future.

Stay in : March 2nd, 2014 - March 3rd, 2014
Occasion : For my daughter birthday gift

Room Tip: If they ask for extra money for breakfast, don't bother it. Connected shopping mall always have...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear RonaldHalim

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I hope that your daughter enjoyed her birthday.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and liked the flexible check in and check out time. This is something that we offer all of our guests all year round. I am sorry that there was a slight delay on your early arrival with the room being ready.

I will certianly review the breakfast offering with our chef to see howe can continue to improve what we offer.

Please let me know when you plan to return and I will be delighted to help you with your booking again.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed 2 nights for our business/leisure trip in Jakarta.
The hotel location is perfect to explore this busy city. The hotel lobby provides you with serene and tranquil atmosphere for your relaxation, and Plaza Indonesia (which is less than 30 steps away from the lifts) will satisfy your retail therapy needs.

The room is big with floor to ceiling windows and automated curtains. Bed is very plush with 4 oversized pillow for your sleep. The amenities were excellent (nespresso, spa grade shampoo/body soap, complete working desk). However, the room has thin walls and I could hear the next door sound system going off late in the night. But it was dealt quickly once I called the reception.

Breakfast was one of the best, the restaurant serves you with choice of ala carte and/or buffet breakfast with free flow smoothies. The smoothies are all delicious.

The only bad side is the hotel is on the expensive side compared to other 5 stars hotels in the area but worth your money.
I would stay in this hotel again for sure if I go to this area. (Bundaran HI/Thamrin)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear JL_epicurean

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

We know how important it is to start the day the right way and so it is great to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast choices that we offer to allow our guests to do this.

Please let me know when you plan on retuning to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.

Giles

Been to Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta? Share your experiences!