“Perfect location and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta

You added Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta to your Saves list
Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. MH. Thamrin Kav. 15, Jakarta 10350, Indonesia (Menteng)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Take your stay further!
Ranked #5 of 332 Hotels in Jakarta
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect location and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Some friends and I spent 3 nights in the Keraton as part of a friends trip to Indonesia.

The hotel is perfectly located. Further, the staff is extremely helpful and the level of service is fantastic, with everyone making sure that we had everything we needed. The property is also gorgeous, with nice views of the city. Two of the staff at the concierge desks helped us book most of our restaurants and clubs bookings and were extremely helpful and responsive.

I would highly recommend the Keraton.

Room Tip: There is one twin room per floor which was nice and felt like it was more spacious than King rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear MattRF,
Warmest Greetings from Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta!

We are glad to learn that you had a memorable stay at our hotel and we really appreciate your positive feedback regarding our hotel, cuisine, and especially our hospitality service.
We are also grateful to hear that our team took good care of you. This has always been rewarding to hear such compliment and we will surely share your positive feedback with the whole team since it will boost their spirit to deliver a better hospitality service to our valued guests.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and family and we do hope that your unforgettable impression of our hotel will bring you back here whenever you return to the bustling city of Jakarta.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was surprised to see one or two negative reviews here because I had nothing but a great time and felt like a very special guest from check-in to check out. There is nothing major to complain about the rooms. The bathroom is simply the most spectacular feature of the room. The breakfast restaurant, Bengawan, does breakfast well with a mix of ala-carte (fresh crepes and waffles were delicious) and buffet. But the most impressive part of the hotel was the service. I travel a lot and stay in several business hotels and can vouch that even when hotel employees smile and are extremely friendly, it does not necessarily make for good service. The Keraton was different. Every hotel employee I encountered was friendly, hospitable and most importantly, great at providing advice and alternatives to all my questions and requests. For example, I asked for the nearest place to get Indonesian Bakmie noodles and the Butler took initiative to offer to get it for me instead. I happened to mention my family members drink a lot of water, the next day, they overstocked the bathroom and mini-bar with so many bottles of (fancy and normal) water to last my family a week! The General Manager wrote a personal email to me to thank me for doing a survey - I've done several post-stay surveys for the SPG group hotels but don't often hear back from the hotels (though I don't expect them to). The only thing we wished for was an outdoor pool with sun - the indoor pool was very cold. Other than that, my family and I felt well taken care of the entire time we were staying at the Keraton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear jchia74,
Warmest greetings from Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta!

We really appreciate your precious time to write a response on our trip advisor pages.

We are really glad to learn that everything that we offered has lived up your expectation and thank you for highlighting our room, breakfast and services. We are always committed to deliver our best services to our valued guests and create an exceptional and indigenous experience.

Once again, we would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Jakarta.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to discuss your upcoming stay for better experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Very nice hotel. Attentive staff. Huge rooms. Butler is a great touch as is the pressing of your garments on arrival ready for your business meetings.
Not enough time to try the gym and pool. Breakfast nice. They need to work on tea service you make sure your beverage orders are delivered to your table. Required a few reminders. The local food tour of the buffet by the chef was excellent.
Would stay again without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2013
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Knsyd,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to put your comment under Trip Advisor.
We are enchanted to know that in most aspects you were gratified with the hotel product, design and services.
I am concerned and deeply apologetic to know that you have to experience a situation, which is below our standard of service. We would surely follow up on your comment as to believing that it is only making us close to an impeccable service for all our global explorers.

I hope that your next visit to us will not be too long in the making as we are all looking forward to welcoming you home to Keraton at The Plaza.

With very best regards,

Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have often found that "style" comes at the expense of substance and function - this is not the case with this hotel. It was a pure delight to stay here. The location was fantastic, the room large and has everything plus more than you can need, the facilities of the hotel are extensive and security is comforting. The access straight into Plaza Indonesia is very convenient. Once inside the hotel it did seem like an oasis from the bustling city. It is not one of those hotels where thousands of people tramp through the reception. Not sure where the "butler" was that was spoken of but that did not take away from my experience. Even not getting the newspaper that was promised was able to take away from the overall experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear MOB68,
Greetings from Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta!

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a favorable review regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

It is pleasing to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay at our hotel and we really appreciate your very positive feedback regarding all aspects of our hotel especially our hospitality service.
I regret to know that you had problems with newspaper service that has created an inconvenience.

Your utmost satisfaction is our main priority and we are happy that our efforts in making your stay with us a memorable one are well recognized.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other reviewers and we do hope that your travel plan will bring you back to our hotel in the near future.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Unbeatable location (connected to Plaza Indonesia, which is arguably the best upscale mall in Jakarta), huge rooms, very very nice attentive butlers. Breakfast was great as well, with ala carte choices in addition to the amazing buffet. The pool, despite somewhat small, was very interesting. I saw an outdoor pool, but wasn't sure how to get there and wasn't interested enough to make the effort to find out. Not even sure if it belongs to the hotel or if it's part of the serviced apartment only.

Had a bit of problem with the drain in the shower, but promptly fixed by the maintenance team.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear CindyLin46,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us recently and we are pleased to receive such compliment from our valued guests.
Nothing is more satisfying rather than acknowledgement of our effort to make our guests enjoy their experience with us to the most.

We are also pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant and facilities and would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel to the fellow Trip Advisor readers.

We hope that your flawless experience will lead you back to Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Thanks to the Hotel Manager, Mr. Ivan Widarmana and Jun, a Marketing manager to give me a chance to stay in their hotel for one night as a complimentary. It was an unforgettable experience, as this is the first time I stayed at a hotel but feel as comfort as home. One of the staff escorted me to the room, it was on 17th floor with a view of Grand Indonesia mall. The room was extremely nice, I heard that they have theme for each room, mine was Sulawesi theme, they put Sulawesi woven drapery on the bed and I saw Sulawesi decoration on the cupboard as well. I love the bathroom very much, it's elegant with modern touch. The wall which is also a mirror can be opened between the bed and bathroom. Above all, the view at night was amazing, I let the horizontal blind open when I slept, I feel like i was not in Jakarta despite that I still see Grand Indonesia mall out there. For me, the hotel is perfect for couple, or family or even when you need me time like me to escape from your routine but still stay in the middle of the city. When I had my lunch, it was the first day of mexican food festival, I tried some mexican food and it was great as cooked by real mexican chief which I talked with, however I still love the dessert provide there, my guilty pleasure. They have breakfast buffet but still allow the guest to order special food like nasi goreng, all the staff in the restaurant also helpful and show real hospitality. I also had experience a gurda massage at Keraton spa, and it was nice as well. I can tell I love everything about Keraton at the plaza, the location which is in the middle of the city with easy access to Plaza Indonesia and EX, of course the room, the hospitality of the staff, everything. That is why I cannot describe in many words but flawless. I will again say thank you to the hotel Manager, Marketing and all staff in Keraton the Plaza for giving me an unforgettable experience. You are all have done a great job. I will suggest some friends or guests to stay at this hotel when they need a peaceful place to stay in the middle of hectic and crowded Jakarta.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Kristinayp,

Thank you for making Keraton at The Plaza as one of your ritual stays and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the Keraton Hotel at the Plaza in Jakarta.
We were welcomed by all at reception along with Evan Burns Director of Rooms. Evan and his staff couldn’t do enough for us and he and our butler escorted us to our room which was on the 15th floor with floor to ceiling windows with wonderful views of the city, the bathroom was elegant with every modern convenience you could wish for and the suite was so spacious and beautifully decorated.
We loved everything about the Keraton, the breakfast was buffet and had such a variety of foods, and the locality was perfect and such easy access to the Plaza. The concierge booked a driver for us and gave us some wonderful tips on places to see. The butler was always at our service for anything we needed.
Overall my husband and I can only say a big thank you to Evan Burns and all the staff at the Keraton for making our stay at the Keraton a perfect and memorable time in Jakarta.

Room Tip: HIgh Floor has wonderful views. Junior suite is spacious and beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear 481952,

We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding all aspects of our hotel and are glad to learn that we have contributed in some small way to making your stay with us an exceptional and memorable one.

Your nice feedback regarding our service is clearly in line with the surrounding reviews and we will strive to maintain this quality for our guests’ utmost satisfaction.

Thank you for residing with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, whenever you return to this bustling city, Jakarta.

Sincerely yours,

Hotel Manager

Been to Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta? Share your experiences!