“new hotel, very modern, stylish and nice with some growing pains” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta

You added Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta to your Saves list
Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. MH. Thamrin Kav. 15, Jakarta 10350, Indonesia (Menteng)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Take your stay further!
Ranked #5 of 332 Hotels in Jakarta
san francisco
“new hotel, very modern, stylish and nice with some growing pains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

stayed here for 4 nights in june 2012 (0nly a few months after it opened)

Pros
-beautiful hotel, well decorated
-very secure/safe
-great location, attached to high end shopping mall
-excellent excellent reakfast buffet with great staff
-very attentive and service oriented staff (they addressed all issues that came up)
-every night they leave you nice snacks in the room (mostly pastries like cakes, macaroons etc)
-largest bathroom i have ever seen for a hotel with very luxurious bath tub
-the photos you see on the website are quite accurate

Cons
-the staff is possibly too attentive. there is not much personal space. when you exit the elevator to when you leave, you are accompanied by a security guard or butler. even when you leave the buffet to seek the bathroom, you are accompanied by staff
-the pool is abit small and odd. it is above ground with glass walls, so diners at the restaurant can see you swimming inside the pool
-the rooms might be too big for some people. they are roughly the size of a 1 bedroom apartment and set up in a similar manner.
-I had a few issues with insects (not alot, just 2 individual insects in my room on different days) and a blond hair found on my towels (seemed like the laundry dryer did a poor job); hotel staff was very responsive.

overall, i liked the keraton enough to give them another shot.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Jeff94103,

Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor.

We are enchanted to have you with us and to know that you enjoyed your stay.

In contrast of this, we are deeply apologetic for your inconvenience as a result of the shortfall. We do like to receive constructive feedback from our guests and value the feedback positively. Your review has been shared to our respective department for our necessary action.

Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Keraton at The Plaza.

With very best regards,

Ivan Widarmana
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in early June, and were pleasantly surprised. The luxury hotel options in Jakarta are not plentiful nor cheap. Our group usually stays at one of the two Ritz Carlton, this time we decided to try the Keraton.

Not knowing that the hotel is still in soft opening, it was a bit disconcerting at the beginning, the ratio of staff to guests is very high. We were told that only 29 rooms were opened, and at the time of our stay only 14 guests were staying at the hotel.

The rooms are very well appointed, as a Platinum SPG guests, I was upgraded to a junior suite, and it was quite a nice suite; space, arrangement, and amenities. The bathroom is well appointed and quite spacious.

The hotel is attached to the Plaza mall, an upscale mall with good dining and shopping options. This was useful as the hotel had only one open restaurant.

The services was outstanding, but at times you felt that you are followed and too closely watched, as there were not enough guests, I recommend being a bit more subtle about it. You don't really need 3 people opening doors for you, or several people directing you to the lifts, etc..

I would also recommend a thorough inspection of the rooms, the ceiling panels which are white have greasy handprints, probably left over from the construction crews, its a shame to see them on such a pristine finish and classy design.

Overall, a very good addition to the Jakarta hotel options, we would stay there again..

Finally, the breakfast buffet was SUPERB. Some of the best options and selections I've had in Asia.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear MikeyR,

Thank you for your comments posted on TripAdvisor recounting your recent visit to Keraton at The Plaza.

I very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with fellow TripAdvisor readers.

I am enchanted to see that in most aspects you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodation a good value. However, I regret for the shortfall you encountered at the same time. We learn your constructive feedback for our improvement thus I trust this would only bring us to the impeccable service we would deliver to all global explorers.

Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you soon and welcoming you back to Keraton at The Plaza.

With kind regards,
Kendari, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed in here from 31 May 2012 until 2 June 2012
My room was so amazing , with big infinity windows around my room .
White massive bathroom *love it !!* , nice and friendly staff , Nice breakfast with indonesia service touch .

awesome is not enough to describe this hotel .. so private and luxurious ... ! Cant wait for my next stay at this hotel !

Room Tip: Every inch from this hotel is FABS !!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
KlausWoizik, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Ruffiole,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Keraton at The Plaza to TripAdvisor readers. I am delighted to know that in most aspects you are gratified with your recent stay.
I think everyone at Keraton at The Plaza will join me in saying it was a pleasure to look after you.

I hope that your next visit to us will not be too long in the making as we are all looking forward to welcoming you home to Keraton at The Plaza.

Kind regards,

Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in mid June, 2012. This is a brand new hotel since they just opened its door on May 30th. During the soft opening period they had only opened 24 rooms. When I first came I was greeted by a front desk associate and directly escorted by a butler to have a in-room check in since I was a platinum member of Starwood Preferred Guests (SPG). He was nice but a little bit lacking in product knowledge. When we came to the room, a junior suite, I'd say it was a little small for a suite in Asia. The room size is about 70 sqm and it has no separate living room. So you might reconsider of inviting a guest to your suite because the guest sofa is directly facing the bed. As far as the interior and decor is concerned it was nice, a modern Javanese style. However, it lacked of good workmanship here and there. Cleanliness was also a big issue here, I could still find a lot of dust in some areas in the bedroom and also the bathroom. I could still smell the construction smell also in the corridors and some other areas. And since they were still completing the other 100 guestrooms you could still hear the sound of construction machines from other floors. Window glasses were also dirty because they had exterior painting works outside. You could see some dripping paint on your room windows. I had the experience of trying some of their cuisines here and they simply had no taste. I think they should conduct more food testing to find some delicious menu. I was surprised that Starwood would allow a hotel at this stage to open. This is not a Sheraton or Four Points but a Luxury Collection. A paying guest like me would expect a perfect product and service from a fancy hotel like this. I think Starwood should have waited 4 to 6 months to open this hotel to produce a better quality of products and spend more time on trainings rather than selling imperfect products but bad words of experience would travel fast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear GeorgeSingapore,

Thank you very much for your comments posted in TripAdvisor highlighting the problems encountered during your stay with us here at Keraton at The Plaza. We do like to receive constructive comments from our guests, and we value such feedback positively, as it enables us to monitor that we are providing the level of facilities and services that our guests deserve and expect.

I was very concerned to read your comments and I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you on your stay. Please accept our sincere and profuse apologies for this lapse in our attention.

GeorgeSingapore, we would like the opportunity to prove to you that we can meet and exceed your expectations and provide services and facilities of the highest order.

If your travel brings you to Jakarta, I would like to have a discussion and your constructive feedback directly. I shall personally review the points and look into ways of fine-tuning our service.

Kind regards,

Klaus Alexander Woizik

Been to Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta? Share your experiences!