“Probably just the Salad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kitchenette

Kitchenette
Plaza Indonesia 1st floor, Central Park Tribeca Park, | Senayan City Ground Floor, Jakarta 10350, Indonesia
021 299 23580
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,315 of 5,289 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kitchenette Restaurant & Crêperie is a heart-warming concept from Ismaya Group, where you are the heart and soul of our kitchen. Kitchenette is now open to serve you home-cooked goodness, great coffee, and various fresh off-the-kitchen comfort foods.The basic premise behind Kitchenette’s concept is to create a social space, in form of a restaurant/café that portrays the experience of dining inside a kitchen of a friend whose family members love to cook.The design of the space is full of kitchen cabinet, kitchen equipments, and kitchen accessories, integrated with a bit of ‘structured messiness’. The space is also cozy, ‘homey’, and casual. It portrays the friendly atmosphere that you feel when entering a friend’s house/kitchen. This concept works throughout the day - from brunch and all throughout lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, to late night social drinks.
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Probably just the Salad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I went there for a high tea over Sunday evening. We ordered Mary Lou - a french crepes with banana, dark chocolate, cheese and vanilla ice cream. With 59K per portion we kinda expect that it will come up with a decent size. But it turns out quite small (one single layered of crepe) and the banana was as tiny as a mini carrot, the ice cream was too sweet i instantly catch headache i stopped eating it. The dark chocolate and cheese, yeah.. Maybe we just got the wrong item,

We also got the chicken and egg quesadilla. The price is 55K. One bread filled with egg (mostly) and (less) chicken. It taste way off Mexican, less herbs and just one jalapeno inside. The salsa was not special neither though we asked for extra, that because the wrap tasted bland.

People been talking that they got a great salad. Shouldve gone with the salad and prove what people said. But it's a good place to see and be seen. A try wouldnt kill :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Unique late night hang-out place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've visited Kitchenette Senayan City 5-6 times now simply because it is the only place around that area that is open until 11pm during weekdays.

There are superb appetizers served, though; the baked mushroom tapas is the best that my friends and I always order. The enchilladas and shrimp tapas are also great. Kitchenette serves great dessert as well, ranging from the usual red velvet cake and chocolate melt to banana bread and large maccaroons.

While the place serves great appetizer and dessert, it doesn't do as well in main course. I've tried its pasta, burger, and even nasi goreng, and found nothing special about them.

This place is by all means not bad, but nothing special aside from the fact that it opens until late.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta
“Bland food, Seriously bland food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went to Kichenette Central park last Sunday (around 11am) for brunch.
Ordered The francois crepes, and some other french sounding crepes.
Tasted Terrible. No taste. Super bland. Fried egg would actually tasted better.
Service was terrible as well. So hard to get waiter's attention.

Will not come back to this place. Ever.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta
“Not as Good as it Looks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I tried this restaurant about two years ago, was invited by a friend. Thinking that my friend's taste was different fom mine, my daughter and I went back there is last week. We ordered a baby spinach salad with wafu dressing. WOW, the SALT, too much, till it zinged through my ears!!
My daughter ordered fish, barramundi. It came uncooked, was sent back, they decided to dump it back into the oven. Okaaay.
I ordered their Big City Burger. Asked for medium doneness, came truly truly well done, till the meat was crumbly and dry dry dry.. Not juicy, not tasty, not a burger.

BAD and SUPER GREASY FOOD aside, something irked us even more. Every single serving plate had very visible fingerprints on them.

Someone explain to me why people keep going back to this restaurant. It's a disgrace.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“Kitchenette Senayan City - Good food but service needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I had lunch at Kitchenette - Senayan City this afternoon. I shared the battered john dory fillet and uncle raul's meatballs with one friend. The dishes were excellent - and I thought they were decently priced. I also liked the ambience and the decor. The only problem we had was the attitude one of the staff members gave us. I think he could be the head waiter/supervisor, whatever. We were standing outside for quite sometime, waiting for someone to let us in. After 3 minutes he showed up and we asked if we could have a table, he told us to wait but in a rather unfriendly manner. He gave us the same attitude when we told him we were ready to order and when we asked for the bill. A smile would have been nice, you know.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere