“We are here now and we love it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Maritim Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jakarta
The Maritim Guest House
You added The Maritim Guest House to your Saves list
Jalan Maritim No. 2 | Cilandak Barat, Jakarta 12430, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE BREAKFAST & DINNER!
Ranked #1 of 154 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Hanoi
“We are here now and we love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The first impression is the cozy house with lovely owner. She looks like our mother :D The room is perfect,clean and tidy. We are so lucky to be here. We have 3 days a head with joyfull, safety. its my choice and up to now,i am proud to make it. Chau & Quyen from Hanoi - Vietnam.

Room Tip: Nice place to stay, shopping nearby and quite to relax from Jarkata noisy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Chau & Quyen, Thank you for your kind review of our guest house. We are so glad you and your friends enjoyed yourselves. We hope you will return again one day to see more of Indonesia. We have some photos for you....please send us your email address to resv@maritimgh.com so we may email the photos we have for you. I am sorry I (Don) did not have a chance to meet you since I am away. Sincerely, Don & Ita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights. Great place to get rid of your jetlag in this crowdy, noisy city!

Guesthouse is located in a safe area of Jakarta (been told by locals). And is owned by an American/Indonesian couple.

If available, rooms will be shown upon arrival, so you can choose the room you prefer. If you require a quiet room, request a room in the back, away from the street. Rooms are clean, good airconditioning, unlimited free potable water available, free wifi, tv with US movie channels.

Owners and staff are very friendly and flexible to meet your requests regarding food, transport etc.

Food in guesthouse is of great quality. You get 2 meals each day, breakfast and, lunch or diner (own choice).

When you pay for your first night, you will get an e-mail with directions how to get there (including route-directions in Bahasa for taxi driver) and information about prices for taxi's, tips etc.
Is very helpfull to start your trip smoothly after a long flight on a crowdy, messy airport.

So a great place to get started in Indonesia for a very reasonable price!
I will defenitely come back to this place when I'll be a in Jakarta again!

Tnx for the for the nice stay Don, Ita, Ratna and the rest of the crew!

Boudewijn

• Stayed October 2012
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Boudewijn,

Thank you very much for your comments. We enjoyed having you stay with us as much as you apparently enjoyed us. Your remarks reaffirm that our approach to the market is close to being on the mark. We will nevertheless continue to make efforts to improve as much as we can. We hope by the time you return next time that our open air cafe with a garden view will be up and running!
We wish you a great holiday in Indonesia and we look forward to hearing of your adventures.

With best regards,
Don, Ita and Ratna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at MGH very much. Don & Ita (owners), Ratna and the other staffmembers made us feel very welcome and made our stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms are nice and very clean, the beds are good, the bathroom is nice and clean, the food is delicious (specially the homemade jams and pastry for breakfast: the carrotcake was my favorit) the service is excellent. We'll definitely go to MGH again next time we're in Jakarta.

• Stayed October 2012
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Tamara,

From the moment you arrived, we felt so at ease with both of you! :-) Ita and I enjoyed our chats and are happy to know you had a good time staying with us. We hope by the next time you find us again in Jakarta, we will have done even more to our place to make your next visit feel even more special.

Bon voyage, enjoy your stay in Indonesia and hopefully we will hear of your views on Flores, a wonderful spot to visit.

With best regards,
Don, Ita and Ratna
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I recently stayed in Maritim Guest House and loved my stay here. As it was my first time in Indonesia I was very grateful for all the advice I received from the owners (Don and Ita) before I arrived and during my stay. They provided me with advice on how to get to the guest house from the airport, helpful tips while staying there and even advice for my onward trip to Bali.

Everyone at the guest house was incredibly friendly and I was made to feel very welcome during my stay here. The homemade breakfasts and dinners were outstanding (best I had during my trip in Indonesia!) and they provide a great range of choices for guests.

The guest house itself is a lovely, clean and peaceful place to stay and I would highly recommend it to others.

Thank you to Don, Ita, Ratna and all the staff at Maritim who made my stay so enjoyable.
Rachel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Rachel,

Thank you so much for your great review.

We are so pleased to have so many nice guests like you staying with us. We are also happy to see how well all of our guests get along with one another. It is wonderful to see our guests sharing stories over meals, having good laughs together and feeling at home at the guest house. Please come stay with us again whenever you have the chance to return to Jakarta. We at MGH are waiting for that happy day to occur again and again!

All the best to you!

Don, Ita and the MGH Team
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I'm delayed in my review but hopefully Don and Ita will forgive me. We got to know Ita well due to our travel debacles and extended stay at their lovely guest house, and we are now happy to call her a friend.  I cannot say enough positive things about the owners, their staff (also lots of gratitude to Ratna) and their lovely home.  Everything was perfection.  Spacious, clean, a jewel amongst the exciting chaos that is (South) Jakarta.  I've experienced my fair share of Indonesian food and their cook makes truly delicious cuisine - we looked forward to breakfast and dinner every single day as everything is made from scratch.  Internet access, help with hailing transport, I could go on and on. Get some exercise and walk the nearby neighborhoods to see the architecture of the luxurious houses. Chat with Ita, get to know her and you'll love her, too.   If that's too much pressure and you're a private person, not to worry - they'll give you that as well.  Such a special gem of a place.

• Stayed July 2012
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Anna, Thank you very much for your very generous review. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We like to treat our guests as we would treat our friends who come to visit us, with attention, kindness and consideration. While we try our best, we do not pretend to be perfect in all we do and in relation to our facilities and rooms. We are thankful to all the wonderful guests who come stay with us. Our guests help to make our life experience fuller and we attempt to give as much as we can to enhance our guest's stay. We look forward to welcoming you again when you return to Jakarta. Best regards, Don & Ita
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Renovated from a humble old home, the owner itself, Ita, helped by Ratna welcomes me with sweet promises, such as banana cake, wheat breads, and apple cake!
Spotless and spacy room, not to mention cool room and the old green flooring makes my heart at ease. A great dinners with Indonesian home-cooked food, always accompanied by great conversations! The meat was superb, the chicken was amazing, and the fresh veggie a la Indonesia is a hearty meal after a long hectic day in Jakarta.
Coming back from the streets means to have delectable Ratna's cookies and baked goods, along with ice coffee on the sides, and always have quiet and glad stillness.
The garden at the back is reminding of my grandparents garden, there's this stray cats who just rubbed her tails on me and let me stroked her back under the sun.
They are currently having a small pavillion renovated, and it was bathed in sunshine. Love to stay there next time!
Don even greet me on the phone, eventhough he's not around!
Big cheers for Don and Ita, Ratna too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
On behalf of all of us, we would like to thank you very much for your great description of your experience at the guest house, with us and with the other guests. We are so happy you were pleased with our service. We never pretend to be perfect, we wish to always improve and continue to adjust our guest house to meet the needs of our guests as best as we can. Yes, its true we are about to open a new room next door on the adjoining property. I cannot wait to do more work on the garden, to enhance the beautiful trees in that area of the property. One day we plan a small open air but screened cafe overlooking the trees and the garden on that side of the property so guests will have a nice room with a view to enjoy their meals. We appreciate your time to write this review. Cheers.
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place is really great. Clean rooms, wonderful service, great bathrooms (good water pressure in the shower, hot water, etc), fast wifi. The staff are all lovely and friendly and so helpful, the food is awesome, and the whole environment is a wonderful respite from the madness of Jakarta. We would stay here again no question.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thanks so much for taking your time to write a glowing review on MGH. The pleasurable difference for me between the larger properties I have managed in the past and MGH is that we can give more personal attention, when needed or appropriate, to each guest which is something we enjoy to do.

Been to The Maritim Guest House? Share your experiences!