My wife and I stayed here for almost 3 weeks in January. We found it ideal for our purposes. An American friend who had spent a lot of time in Jakarta, recommended being close to a mall, because since since walking is difficult in Jakarta, strolling a mall is a way to avoid feeling cooped up in a hotel room. Well, we did him one better, based on Tripadvisor reviews, we found Harris Suites right inside FX Sudirman, a mall with unconventional decor, and other special characteristics (including a multi-story slide if you want something out of the ordinary--we didn't do that).
As for the hotel itself, we found it very satisfactory for the following reasons:
1) The very friendly and helpful staff. And if you have special requests or problems, see Eron, a guy at the desk who is extremely helpful and responsive. He may look young and just part of the crew but he actually was in charge of the hotel part of the time. He can communicate quite adequately in English. His boss the front office manager also went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied with our visit.
2) Our room with a splendid view on the 43rd floor and a very attractive, but simple modern decor. The use of orange as the key theme color throughout the hotel was striking and bold, but not overdone in my view
3) The breakfast was fine and the location on a balcony overlooking the mall entrance from the inside was unique
4) The hotel fitness room was not so great, but we were able to locate Celebrity Fitness Center within the mall and found that their equipment and facilites were first rate as well as their trainers.
5) One earlier review said elevators were slow but we did not find this to be a problem. There are four elevators for guests and you can even use the service elevator as well.
6) If one mall is not enough, there are four other malls close by, three of which are very upscale and glitzy. They have a number of restaurants from the guide Best Restaurants in Indonesia.
All in all, this hotel was a great find
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing in the heart of Jakarta's most happening area, Sudirman Central Business District, with a direct walking access to fX Sudirman Mall, minutes away to Stock Exchange, Senayan Sport Complex, Senayan Golf Course, Plaza Senayan, Senayan City, this hotel is the perfect spot for short and long stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Suites Fx Sudirman Hotel Jakarta