“Elegant yet cozy fusion dining” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #752 of 5,286 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Italian, American, International, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: “ninety-nine” is a new lifestyle restaurant that will take customers on a culinary journey around the world’s best flavours and signature dishes. Centrally located within Ranch Market’s new flagship store, The Landmark in Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, “ninety-nine” serves up authentic international and Indonesian cuisine that is true to its roots and above all, fun.
Shanghai, China
“Elegant yet cozy fusion dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The interior of Ninety Nine is elegant with the concept of colonialism and yet, it is cozy and dining here is comfortable for the soul, tummy, and wallet. Surrounded by Ranch supermarket, I like to stroll and do some grocery shopping in the hope of shedding some fats away. Anyhow it's nice to take a walk after dining. I think the high ceiling also creates a great atmosphere as it gives a good flow of air and the place looks bright.

The food is surprisingly good! I tried the foei gras hokkien mie and I am impressed! The hokkien mie is cooked to perfection, still chewy and not too soft. The taste is very authentic, reminding me of delicious hokkien mie served in Singapore. Then I took another spoon with a piece of foei gras. Delicious! I would like to compliment whoever came up with the idea of putting a classy touch of foei gras in this hokkien mie. Perfect fusion and the pairing is genius. Another one of their recommended item is their foei gras fried rice. I'll order that next time.

Crispy pork knuckle over butter rice. Once again, authentic taste with a touch of great fusion. I'm not a big fan of rice or butter rice but this one makes me digging for another spoon after another. The pork is crispy outside as it should be and the meat is soft and tasty. Once again, I fall in love with the dish here.

Those two were the recommended items and since I was craving for some poached eggs, I tried their poached egg with grilled salmon over waffles. This dish was good but not perfect. The salmon and poached eggs was overcooked. The dressing on top of the poached eggs deserves an extra credit though. Unlike the typical overload of mayonaise in Indonesian restaurants, the dressing is creamy but not heavy. I think this dish would be a two-thumbs up if the egg and salmon is done properly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The food was okay, from main course to cocktails, everything was good. I didn't have any complain about the food or their beverages. Talk about the price is pretty cheap after all. But for me, I really don't like the location of this place, I don't like when a restaurant could be seen everybody that across around the mall, its not too private when you having dine on that restaurant (for non-smoker), otherwise for the smoking area, it has a dark-ish feel that more cozy rather than from non smoking area. Overall this restaurant has a "friendly" price, good food, but I don't like the location.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“realized it was good when i left the place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The taste of their food is surprisingly very good! They serve everything in generous portion that my friends and i could eat full, which does not usually happen when i eat in such fancy place. I ordered croque madame and satisfied with what i got ( a huge nicely toasted bread, with ham, cheese, egg, and little veggies). My friends got fish and chips, spaghetti bolognaise, bbq pork ribs, all big, and everyone enjoyed their meals. We were entertained with the nicely decorated desserts (taste just okay though). Price is in the high range. Food around 60-90k, drinks 20-40k, desserts 40k-ish. Service was nice. We had great time, and i can't wait for my next visit!

“E x p e n s i v e!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Wanna taste Ketoprak in fine dining? Well, this the one. I must say, their Ketoprak is so geeewd *just like my fave one near my house with very opposite price than this one* and... What else, pizza is quiet yummy too. Best one is gonna be the Carrot Cake. But they put very expensive price for simple food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta
“nice place, bad food & not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I went there for lunch with my family and ordered nachos, spaghetti, chicken BBQ Quesadillas, croque madame, steak, pork ribs, ketoprak, chicken bbq salad.

Regarding the salad, they're using a local butter head lettuce, hard to bite beans, smelly earthy shredded carrot, shredded bbq chicken and bbq sauce. But for the price and quantity that they served, it is definitely not worth it and has horrendous taste.

For the croque madame, it's the worst croque madame that I ever ate. what they sell is not a croque madame!! it;s just a super thick bread with a super thin ham and cheese

Spaghetti: it;s like eating a spaghetti with french' 5 minutes instant powder fettuccine sauce

Overall, all the food is terrible, especially the BBQ chicken salad, croque madame, spaghetti, ketoprak (well basically everything)

• Visited May 2012