“Disppointed.. POOR hotel...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Smart Hotel

You added Smart Hotel to your Saves list
Smart Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jl. Tanjung Karang No. 2 Thamrin | Sizzler Building, Jakarta, Indonesia (Tanah Abang)   |
Ranked #99 of 162 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Bali, Indonesia
“Disppointed.. POOR hotel...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had made a reservation at SMART HOTEL Thambrin Jakarta with on line travel age period of stay of 28-01 March 2014. When I checked in I was given the key to room number 603 . when I opened the door I was very surprised that room was very dirty . I came to the front office to inform the room dirty. The front office said "ONLY THAT ROOM AVAILABLE " and you must wait 15 minutes to get the room ready. I arrived at 22:00 hours ( 22:00 hours you can imagine I mush waiting the room to be cleaned ? I very tired after a day of work ) because there was no room available I just waited . 2minutes later the front office asked me to change their rooms to 301 . OK.. I put my luggage and I will take a shower there no towels, I asked the bell boy to deliver towels . I want to pee and there was no water in the toilet . I inform to the bell boy and he will inform engineering to fix it, I waited 10 minutes, engineering does not come, I want to phone the front office and no phone at room, I used my mobile phone to call and front office inform no engineering work. and she ask me to move to room 604 OK, room 604 got no towels and room key. . WOW this is very amazing service.... I was very disappointed because the front office informed that no rooms were available and only 603 ready and the funny thing I can move till 3 rooms. This is not a smart hotel but the hotel ..... you can interpret itself .
actually i also stayed at this hotel on 27-28 February 2014 and I have bad experience too ( 402 822 053 ) when I was checked in, I was given room wall damaged and I must move to 603. I put my luggage and i want to take a shower the toilet door damaged. I’m so tired I just keep calm. And this afternoon I have email regarding NO SHOW notification. Hello.... I was checked in and was paid by cash upon arrival.

Please be smart lah...
Regards, Indrawati Ni Ketut

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Bali, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days, good location, good price, food was so so but on top of that the service wasn't really good, sadly we always asked for the towels, toilet paper and the door mat etc. the worst is the attitude of their receptionist especially the girl with short hair, she doesn't know how to communicate with guest, such bad attitude and rude . also the neighbors/the other guest in the Earlie morning sometimes make some noisy.

Room Tip: choose the l room on the below 7 and 6, last time I was there the lift doesn't works/under servi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stay in this hotel for 3 days. Walkable distance to shopping centre but overall experience was terrible. Room with no toilet roll, barely feel any air con. Attitude of the front desk staffs was rude..When request to deposit our luggage for the time being after check out, the manager commented rudely that there's already a lot of luggage deposited. Not recommended if you are looking at a more service orientated place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Location was good as near embassies and plenty of malls. But they were really stingy with the toilet paper and the aircon was barely working. Also one night we had no water in our room, I called and they said they had to refill the pump and it would take ten minutes. 15 minutes later i tried to shower and had to make do with 3 droplets. However, the room was clean, there was a tv and there were no bugs. The wifi was very inconsistent and a pain, but they had computers downstairs which worked fine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Modern room and good staff on the front desk. Sadly my room didn't have a towel and it took them 24 hours to bring me one. The safety deposit box and shower were broken and finally when I lost my room key (card) they charged me IDR 250,000 (US$ 22) -nearly the cost of the room / night.

• Stayed November 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Located quite far from the city center. Room are really, really small... Breakfast = Awful !!!!
Super expensive compering the quality of the hotel.
I will never ever book again this hotel. And I hope to do not visit anymore Jakarta... Terrible city!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Overall, the room is okay even though the air cond didn't work really well. Small but I'm not complaining because our room has a nice city view. Location is the best value of this hotel because it's located right in the heart of Jakarta. It was near to Grand Indonesia and you can walk there to explore the local roads and stalls. There is no problem with safety as many people are along the road. Do walk instead of taking transport as the jam is very bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Smart Hotel? Share your experiences!