“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morrissey

You added Morrissey to your Saves list
Morrissey
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan KH. Wahid Hasyim No. 70 | Menteng, Jakarta 10340, Indonesia (Formerly Citadines Quartier Jakarta)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
Color up your Easter Day!
Ranked #116 of 344 Hotels in Jakarta
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We booked this property out of curiosity. We stayed elsewhere first few days and decided to try this hotel the last two nights in Jakarta. Morrissey did not disappoint us. The minute we stepped on to the lobby the staffs are friendly and ever helpfull. The location is perfect. Very close to eateries and spa. It is actually walking distance to Sarinah shopping center and a short drive to the big malls. Morrissey provide a shuttle service to Sarinah using a cool looking modern bajai. The rooms are uniquely designed unlike the normal hotel room and quite spacious with a sofa set in the middle. It has a good breakfast spread served in a beautifully design cafe / lounge on the ground floor overlooking the main road. I really love our stay here. With excellent staff, rooms and facilities. I will stay here again when in Jakarta.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors are quiter
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Mcholil, General Manager at Morrissey, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Aruem, glad to see you have enjoyed our "Ed" (Bajaj)...or it was a droopy drop we took you. Stay health till we all meet you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Indonesian first
Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here last January. We were staying with our 6 month old son. We arrived quite late at the hotel, around 9PM and it was raining. They also had a function happening that night. I dropped my wife, son at the lobby and also the luggage to the concierge. The parking there was very limited. And after I waited around 30 minutes and more than 3 times getting in and getting out of the hotel compound, i finally found one freaking parking space. There was not anybody helping me because the rain poured down. I forgot to mention that the passage from the parking lot to the lobby is open air. Fortunately, i had my own umbrella. I walked barefoot to the lobby because i only brought one pair of shoes with me that day. The reception was quick to offer me sandals, hot beverage and some snacks, a nice gesture from them. They also upgraded my room to the loft, without me asking for it, which was very kind of them.

The room itself was modern with separate bedroom + bathroom and living room area. There was small kitchen along with some basic cutlery and kitchen utensils if you needed it. If you need a little privacy in the bathroom, this type of room may not suit you because the toilet and the shower area had clear glass wall beside the bed. So you can directly see people inside the toilet and the bathroom.

The restaurant Ocha Bella downstair had the best pizza we have ever tasted and couldnt recommend them enough. The breakfast was also one of the best we had. The breakfast had a variety of food served, they also served fresh croissant.

We really recommend people to stay here. Will definitely come back here in the future.

PS: location is also quite central to everything happening in Jakarta

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Mcholil, General Manager at Morrissey, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Lokanata, good to find we have keep our service culture firmly! How is your old months son doing? Forgot to ask his name..take a good care and warmest regard.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Always come back to Morrissey, it has all the stay you need even for a not so big hotel. Glad now they hv that Cafe/Bistro that serves delicious sandwiches through the night. Service were impeccable as always,. Consistent and helpful great service throughout our stay. They will try accede your requests if it's not too big a request. Specail thanks to Assac and few others forgot the name. Breakfast spread may be limited to some but to us, it's adequate and delicious. OK we'll come back, but you clean the toilet tiles and fix the choke drain first. We keep returning to this hotel, location just great! Quirky, eclectic vintage decor :)

Pls give special attention to cleaning of the bathroom. The lower tiles show signs that it requires cleaning. Work on the choke in the bathroom too. I see it's an impending problem since I 1st check in when you newly open. We'll come back as always perhaps w the next door wing opening soon.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Mcholil, General Manager at Morrissey, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Dyla, yes we work out on what you commented. Meanwhile you have a very good weekend! Regards from all down here.
Singapore City, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stay they several time and almost 15 stay a year. This my 1st choice hotel when I visit to Jakarta with my family. The friendly and great service is key of success of the hotel.This particular staff have that give me good impression of this hotel (Muhammad Ibnu ) the Manager of of the front desk make feel like home and always welcome to the hotel. He is very helpful to make my reservation and in the hotel even thought it's last minute.Overall the of the hotel experience great and very convenient location for vacation .

Stayed March 2015
Mcholil, General Manager at Morrissey, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Viknesh, love to see you again and again....regards from Ibnu, me and other ibnus that look forward to be with you again.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is by far the nicest boutique hotel I have stayed. The decors are very charming to its most little details. The location is also very good as it is in central Jakarta but also away from the main road of hustle bustle. You will find a lot of things around the hotel such as convenience store, starbucks, spa, etc. The staff at this hotel are all very courteous and helpful, always quick to respond to my requests even at late night. The room is also clean and comfortable bed with fluffy pillows. I will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for two nights and was given an early check-in when arriving after my long haul flight which was very appreciated.
At first I was allocated a room just opposite an outdoor restaurant with a live band playing - I was promptly moved to the other end of the hotel when bemoaning this at the reception. The other end of the hotel (306) was facing a large construction site which didn't bother me as work finished off in the evening about my bed time and did not pick up until my alarm had gone off in the morning.
Cleaning would benefit from being improved - I don't appreciate treading in previous guests' debris that have been swept just under the bed, when my feet happened to reach inside the bed skirt ...

The room is nice and has a modern twist though it is obvious that the hotel is aging: mould in shower and rust stains on shower curtains. The desk is not quite for sitting an working at since it has a hollowed out area to put the laptop in that create ergonomic challenges. No body lotion or conditioner among the amenities though you'd get a comb and a shower cap (does anyone really use those nowadays?)

The area is ok with restaurants and rats (spotted several while walking the neighbourhood even in daytime) and it's very close to a couple of shopping malls.
The local muzzein was a bit unpredictable and the morning call for prayer one morning was a bit like a disco - so bring your ear plugs.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After staying in really below average hotels for the past few years in Jakarta, I stumbled upon the Morrissey Service Apartments sort of by accident - but, what a pleasant surprise. This place is great - the staff is over-the-top attentive and switched-on. The breakfast is wonderful with little interesting food items that they pass around while you are eating. The rooms are basic, with kind of a lofty feel which gives it a nice touch. Someone really thought this thing through as the little touches make it such an interesting and fun place to stay in the heart of Jakarta - from the antique motorcyles in the lobby to the interesting art work - really a non-hotel, hotel. There's also an excellent Italian resturant connected to the property with great pizza, salads and wine selection by the glass. Who would have guessed this is Jakarta!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Mcholil, General Manager at Morrissey, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hi Carl, I definitely should see you personally when you return. Sorry to reply just now only. You have a very good weekend, Carl!

Been to Morrissey? Share your experiences!