“Feel Like a Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morrissey

Save Saved
You added Morrissey to your Saves list
Morrissey
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan KH. Wahid Hasyim No. 70 | Menteng, Jakarta 10340, Indonesia (Formerly Citadines Quartier Jakarta)   |
Offers & Announcements
Eid Al Fitr
Ranked #27 of 313 hotels in Jakarta
Ubud, Indonesia
“Feel Like a Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

One night is not enough to stay at Morrissey. The interior is really homey with kitchen utensils and really possible to cook. It's not more like a hotel, but a home with its urban room decor. I was so impressed once i entered the room. Not finish yet painted ceiling and not cemented white wall make you feel like staying at the budget apartment in New York.

The location of its hotel is so strategic, in the central of city. You can walk distance to find restaurants, convenience stores, street foods and even the bars. Close to "Monas Park", Plaza Indonesia, Hotel Indonesia Roundabouts, Gambir Station and Trans Jakarta lane.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

In october i stayed in morrisey for 2 nights in studio room,the room was very beautifull with the old school design and they provide dvd player in the room,also they have so many choice channel in television.they also have a sofa to relax beside the bathroom with the shower.Morrisey is located in central jakarta,so it was very easy to go to the shopping mall like plaza indonesia and grand indonesia with only idr 10000 by taxi The only negative thing is the table for the breakfast,we have to wait to got the table for breakfast,but that was not significant,because the breakfast i very good.i will back again in march when i transit in jakarta,for idr 800000 itvis good value

• Stayed October 2012
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The MORRISSEY is situated at a very convenient location, just walking distance to several restaurants, shopping malls and the national monument. Plaza Indonesia is approximately 30 minutes by feet.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, which offers a good variety of food. Try the restaurant "Ocha & Bella" connected to the hotel and you will fall in love with their dishes immediately.

The staff was very friendly and helped us in every situation.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room and try to grab one, which is not located at the roadside.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights after pouncing upon the place randomly on tripadvisor, Everything about this hotel was true to the photos you see. The room was indeed spacious and tuly reminded me of a typical American style loft.

The kitchenette was amazing as even pots & pans also, cutleries were provided in the room. I love the amazing large windows that gave a serene morning view & the white brick walls was spot on!

The pool was my favourite hangout, spent most the time there as it was really tranquil & soothing area for your evening chillouts with a glass of wine.
This place was near to Pasar Senen (ultimate place for 2nd hand clothings) & also, the city center Grand Indonesia.

The staffs always had a smile on and really genuinely sincere in accomodating guest's needs. I like how they will ask you to write a lil review through the Ipad after your checkout.

Because you guys are too amazing, I just booked a 5 day stay this coming April '13. Cant wait to see you guys again!! Cheers!

• Stayed September 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The date February 16, 2013 and we are booking to stay at the Hotel Morrissey in the context of my honeymoon, because we (my wife and i) on a motorbike. So we are not allowed to park inside the grounds there is no motorcycle parking. We are asked to park in the parking lot located behind the motor without being told exact location of the motor park.

We ended up parking in a place that we see the motorcycle parking. And the weather began to rain, after we parked the bike, it turns out we were told to move us to another bike by hotel security. Once again they just pointed place only. Finally we move again our motor to the designated place by the security, and the rain starting down . We asked if there was an umbrella that we can use to get to the loby. They just said we dont have it, without any action to look for an umbrella.

Just a little bit surprised, Morrissey premises had no umbrellas for guests who wish to stay there. Finally the rain became more heavily my wife and ran towards lobbying, when we arrived at lobby, I saw they have umbrellas, why hotel security had said there no umbrella when we ask? And it turns out there? Or maybe because we are just riding a motorcycle that is not served as they were driving a car?

but after all,the room is so nice n and cozy, the rooftop pool is great, so our disappointed were disappear

that was our experience, may be considered by the management of the Hotel Morrissey guests who will be staying at his hotel that uses motorcycles.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Malacca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Situated along the street of Jalan K.H. Wahid Hasyim i find that this hotel is strategically located where if u wanna spend your time shopping at Tanah Abang this will be the place, after a hard day's shopping u can really relax in Morrissey with the tranquile envoirnment especially the swimming pool at the top.
the room also is well equipped with all the basic amenities.
i love the restaurants and street food along the street and jalan sabang which makes your live more easy as you can choose from a wide variety of foods.
as for the sound from the mosque it is no problem for me as i am used to it here and thru out south east asia.
the breakfast is complete with wide variety of dishes to choose from.
Definately i will stay here again on my next trip as compared staying in the five star hotels as the density in five star hotel is more than in Morrissey.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Morrissey (apparently named after d lead singer of 80s band The Smiths) is a small, hip & trendy serviced apartment in d heart of Jakarta.

LOCATION:
Great location. About 400m to Sarinah (Burger King, McD, Starbucks, Lotte mart). CircleK mini-mart to d left of hotel main entrance, 20meters. Less than 1 km to famous HI roundabout, Kempinski n to one of d premier malls in Jakarta, Grand Indonesia.

SERVICE:-
Service level was truly impressive. Staff have been well-trained. One employee made a U turn after walking past me as I was headed to d elevator to help me punch my floor after he realised both my hands were full with shopping bags.

Thats reflective of how everyone working in morrissey is - willing to go d extra mile, with a smile.

BREAKFAST:
Small selection of entrees but very good. Menu changes constantly. Highlight for me was d great Indonesian-style fried chicken one morning. I became addicted to d freshly brewed coffee.

ROOM:
I stayed in a Superior room. Minimalist all white interiors n naked concrete ceiling look didnt reli work for me, but no big deal.

Room was smaller than I expected, but sufficient for my needs, with sofa n work-table. Room is well equipped, with iron & board, n kitchenette has microwave, Electrolux toaster & water-kettle. Free WiFi.

Only real complaint about d room is that theres hardly any space inbetween shower n toilet seat. Those of large built may find it extremely uncomfortable to sit on toilet bowl- hardly any room to manouver.

OTHER NOTABLES:-
In-house Italian resto Ocha & Bella is one of d most popular in Jakarta, but I didnt have d chance to dine there.

Launderette on 3rd floor, complete with detergent.

BUT U HAVE BEEN WARNED...
PLS. MIND THE NOISE!!!
I reli hate to say anything negative about morrissey bcoz d hotel employees reli did leave such a hugely positive impression on me.

Unfortunately, EjTr's review of Dec.31, 2012 was totally spot on about d noise. D sounds from d houses of worship nearby reli did feel like it was right outside my window, at most hours of d night. Intermission, 12mn to 4am.

I was 9 floors up (d hotel is 10 storeys high), n on right (Jalan Jaksa) side of building - Im not a light sleeper but I cud constantly hear so much, at almost all hours. Most mornings, I was awakened at 4am.

CONCLUSION:
Morrissey is a stellar & hip little hotel, with fantastic employees. Great location. Very good breakfast.

Just reli noisy... I wud like to give it another chance, despite d noise. Thats how good it is. But I will have to bring ear plugs!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Morrissey? Share your experiences!