“Morrissey, too fine.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morrissey Boutique Serviced Apartment

Save Saved
You added Morrissey Boutique Serviced Apartment to your Saves list
Morrissey Boutique Serviced Apartment
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan KH. Wahid Hasyim No. 70 | Menteng, Jakarta 10340, Indonesia (Formerly Citadines Quartier Jakarta) (Menteng)   |
Offers & Announcements
Easter Promotion
Ranked #21 of 295 hotels in Jakarta
“Morrissey, too fine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights after pouncing upon the place randomly on tripadvisor, Everything about this hotel was true to the photos you see. The room was indeed spacious and tuly reminded me of a typical American style loft.

The kitchenette was amazing as even pots & pans also, cutleries were provided in the room. I love the amazing large windows that gave a serene morning view & the white brick walls was spot on!

The pool was my favourite hangout, spent most the time there as it was really tranquil & soothing area for your evening chillouts with a glass of wine.
This place was near to Pasar Senen (ultimate place for 2nd hand clothings) & also, the city center Grand Indonesia.

The staffs always had a smile on and really genuinely sincere in accomodating guest's needs. I like how they will ask you to write a lil review through the Ipad after your checkout.

Because you guys are too amazing, I just booked a 5 day stay this coming April '13. Cant wait to see you guys again!! Cheers!

• Stayed September 2012

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The date February 16, 2013 and we are booking to stay at the Hotel Morrissey in the context of my honeymoon, because we (my wife and i) on a motorbike. So we are not allowed to park inside the grounds there is no motorcycle parking. We are asked to park in the parking lot located behind the motor without being told exact location of the motor park.

We ended up parking in a place that we see the motorcycle parking. And the weather began to rain, after we parked the bike, it turns out we were told to move us to another bike by hotel security. Once again they just pointed place only. Finally we move again our motor to the designated place by the security, and the rain starting down . We asked if there was an umbrella that we can use to get to the loby. They just said we dont have it, without any action to look for an umbrella.

Just a little bit surprised, Morrissey premises had no umbrellas for guests who wish to stay there. Finally the rain became more heavily my wife and ran towards lobbying, when we arrived at lobby, I saw they have umbrellas, why hotel security had said there no umbrella when we ask? And it turns out there? Or maybe because we are just riding a motorcycle that is not served as they were driving a car?

but after all,the room is so nice n and cozy, the rooftop pool is great, so our disappointed were disappear

that was our experience, may be considered by the management of the Hotel Morrissey guests who will be staying at his hotel that uses motorcycles.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Malacca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Situated along the street of Jalan K.H. Wahid Hasyim i find that this hotel is strategically located where if u wanna spend your time shopping at Tanah Abang this will be the place, after a hard day's shopping u can really relax in Morrissey with the tranquile envoirnment especially the swimming pool at the top.
the room also is well equipped with all the basic amenities.
i love the restaurants and street food along the street and jalan sabang which makes your live more easy as you can choose from a wide variety of foods.
as for the sound from the mosque it is no problem for me as i am used to it here and thru out south east asia.
the breakfast is complete with wide variety of dishes to choose from.
Definately i will stay here again on my next trip as compared staying in the five star hotels as the density in five star hotel is more than in Morrissey.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Morrissey (apparently named after d lead singer of 80s band The Smiths) is a small, hip & trendy serviced apartment in d heart of Jakarta.

LOCATION:
Great location. About 400m to Sarinah (Burger King, McD, Starbucks, Lotte mart). CircleK mini-mart to d left of hotel main entrance, 20meters. Less than 1 km to famous HI roundabout, Kempinski n to one of d premier malls in Jakarta, Grand Indonesia.

SERVICE:-
Service level was truly impressive. Staff have been well-trained. One employee made a U turn after walking past me as I was headed to d elevator to help me punch my floor after he realised both my hands were full with shopping bags.

Thats reflective of how everyone working in morrissey is - willing to go d extra mile, with a smile.

BREAKFAST:
Small selection of entrees but very good. Menu changes constantly. Highlight for me was d great Indonesian-style fried chicken one morning. I became addicted to d freshly brewed coffee.

ROOM:
I stayed in a Superior room. Minimalist all white interiors n naked concrete ceiling look didnt reli work for me, but no big deal.

Room was smaller than I expected, but sufficient for my needs, with sofa n work-table. Room is well equipped, with iron & board, n kitchenette has microwave, Electrolux toaster & water-kettle. Free WiFi.

Only real complaint about d room is that theres hardly any space inbetween shower n toilet seat. Those of large built may find it extremely uncomfortable to sit on toilet bowl- hardly any room to manouver.

OTHER NOTABLES:-
In-house Italian resto Ocha & Bella is one of d most popular in Jakarta, but I didnt have d chance to dine there.

Launderette on 3rd floor, complete with detergent.

BUT U HAVE BEEN WARNED...
PLS. MIND THE NOISE!!!
I reli hate to say anything negative about morrissey bcoz d hotel employees reli did leave such a hugely positive impression on me.

Unfortunately, EjTr's review of Dec.31, 2012 was totally spot on about d noise. D sounds from d houses of worship nearby reli did feel like it was right outside my window, at most hours of d night. Intermission, 12mn to 4am.

I was 9 floors up (d hotel is 10 storeys high), n on right (Jalan Jaksa) side of building - Im not a light sleeper but I cud constantly hear so much, at almost all hours. Most mornings, I was awakened at 4am.

CONCLUSION:
Morrissey is a stellar & hip little hotel, with fantastic employees. Great location. Very good breakfast.

Just reli noisy... I wud like to give it another chance, despite d noise. Thats how good it is. But I will have to bring ear plugs!

• Stayed February 2013
North West England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

As the title suggests I oscillated between - it's brilliant and it's not good. It is a very busy noisy hotel with 2 mosques close by - there is a very busy road at the front with 24 hour noise. I can best describe it as a warehouse conversion although I have no idea whether it is. It appears to be modern and chic but I feel it is older than it is as somethings are 'tired' The rooms are high ceiling and some have glass walls, others have small windows, showers only again some small some large depending on the room. The staff are moslty attentive and helpful although I was extremelt disappointed that having asked to see the general manager for over a week she has not bothered to speak with me. Do I not matter as a customer? Presumably not. The room rate includes breakfast whcih is very good but mostly geared to an oriental diet. Omlettes are very good. There is nothing else on offer at the hotel apart from a roof top swimming pool that is exceptionally cold as it is not heated and is top covered so does not get the sun, it is also very windy up on the roof. Good value for money although they have some very peculiar rules concerning laundry which is sometimes included and sometimes not. I wish the management would take the time to keep their long term (3 year) customers happy all the time not just some of it

Room Tip: Rooms at back are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband was temporary transferred to Jakarta on business, so I decided to visit him for a long weekend. We chose this serviced apartment instead of Alila, upon hearing it's award winning design reviews.
Positive points:
1. Good value.
2. Good location. Menteng's a hip area for yuppies, and the hotel is smack in the middle of it. There's a bar downstairs with live music in the evenings. From the pool deck, you could see Monas and the CBD skyline. It's also fairly close to Grand Indonesia (only Rp.10,000; equivalent to about USD $1- by cab)
3. For the price we paid, we were fairly pleased with the breakfast options. During holidays (we were there during Chinese New Year), they offered a Chinese-themed menu.
4. The common amenities are well designed, comfortable.
5. Convenient. Knowing Jakarta: as much convenience as possible is highly required! Fortunately, a taxi stand is there. Blue Bird, most trusted taxi operating company in Jakarta.

Negative points:
1. Service was rather slow.
2. Maintenance. The staff need to clean up the place more. The glass, cladding is staining. The sink of the bathroom in our studio was a little clogged.
3. The room need to be furnished to be a little 'warmer'. We understand the 'raw' design of exposed concrete ceiling and exposed brick walls. But a hint of timber, warm hues will contribute a lot in making us want to stay in the room longer rather than wandering about in common areas.
4. Some may consider its close proximity to the mosque as a negative point. The prayer calls may tend to be a little on the loud side.

Room Tip: Get a room which has a view of the Jakarta CBD skyline.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is my third stay here and will always be whenever i'm in Jakarta. The room is still clean, spacious and great. The only downside was the customer service which i found not as efficient as it was before Morrissey took over (it was under Ascott last time). However, despite that, breakfast spread was way better than before!

Morrissey will always be the place for me. :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Morrissey Boutique Serviced Apartment? Share your experiences!