“great spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morrissey

Save Saved
You added Morrissey to your Saves list
Morrissey
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan KH. Wahid Hasyim No. 70 | Menteng, Jakarta 10340, Indonesia (Formerly Citadines Quartier Jakarta)   |
Offers & Announcements
Eid Al Fitr
Ranked #25 of 309 hotels in Jakarta
brisbane
“great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

this place is so stylish . the location is excellent , close to many of my favourite eateries including pelangi for South Sulawesi seafood and Agung Jaya for East Java sate. It also has its own excellent Italian restaurant . Rooms are very comfortable and the rooftop pool and gym are great. good rates are to be found on agoda et al. the breakfast is just ok so i took a stroll around to the Sabang cake shop in Jalan Sabang for the best bubur ayam telur in Jakarta.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had been hearing about this place for quite awhile, and actually I tried booking this hotel on my business trips to Jakarta but it was always fully booked. So I was pretty excited (and worried) at the same time when I finally could reserve a room here. I stayed there on Friday for 1N, yeah so it one night might not be enough to have a thorough feel of the establishment, but here goes... I arrived there at around 3 p.m. The reception staff were quick, courteous and efficient, I was up in my room on the 7th floor just around 10 minutes after. The studio room was great! The design is clutter free, room is large with a queen bed and a bit of a partition separating the sleeping area from the sitting area which has a quite comfortable loveseat and a coffee table with a cool looking floor standing lamp. The partition was made from those kind of translucent glass, The amenities are: 32 inch LCD TV with cable connection, loads of electrical outlet (at least there were 5 of them), coffee maker along with cups, kitchenette, plates, saucers and even saucepans! There's even an electric stove and toaster there! Awesome! I can just imagine being a long staying guest there, it'd be very economical to be able to cook your own food or at least to heat up those takeaways. The wi-fi was great on my iPad. One thing that really caught my ears is that the ceiling was thick enough so that I did not hear the people walking or shifting furniture on the upper floor, a great thing to have when you want to sleep well. Also the door and walls are thick enough, no shutting-door-slam noises that you would usually have. The breakfast was nice, the selection was enough to give me a good start. Location? Around 10 minutes from the train station (w/o the usual Jakarta gridlock, and around 40 with) Just next to Jalan Jaksa and minutes from Jalan Sabang if you fancy some street food. The street the hotel is on is littered with cafes and restaurant and within walking distance from Sarinah and Djakarta Theater building. Beware tho, there was a dangdut performance on jalan Jaksa at around 12am, luckily it only lasted for around half an hour. The bathroom is quite small, especially the space on the toilet...for a big guy like me..it did present me with a bit of limbering up :)).
That in mind, I would definitely return to Morrissey.

Room Tip: I stayed on 702, it faces West to Jalan Jaksa, if you are a sunrise person, pick the opposite side...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed couple of times in Morrissey. To be honest, it was unintended pleasant visit. At first, I didn't know what is Morrissey, I went there to have a romantic dinner in a very beautiful restaurant called Ocha & Bella, which is located in Morrissey lobby area. So I googled it and found this very interesting website of Morrissey, of course with the pics of the rooms and the rates.
On my first visit, I was surprised, in a good way. I stayed in a Studio room (which I think is the lowest category of the rooms). The room was spacious, the furnitures were so modern-minimalistic, and what I mostly loved about it was the wall, the room was covered with bricks which made the room looks so sophisticated. The bathroom was small yet efficient. There was a kitchenette (with microwave & electric stove), completed with all the cutleries and crockeries, all provided for 2 person. Oh, and they also provided a DVD player! I love it!
I haven't got the chance to try the breakfast menu nor the swimming pool, so I didn't have any comments on that, but all I wanna say is after 2 visits, I definitely will come back again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed December 2011
bali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Morrissey is a very good alternative to the 5 stars hotels in Jakarta. Nice spaces, modern, a pause in the crowded city, you feel the human scale here. The restaurant besides is quit good also. Breakfast no so amazing but good enough. Prices adequate for the area and offer. To be repeat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

It was my second time to stay in Morrissey. Since my first stay in December last year, I could feel that the business was going well, and they improved things that I felt lacking in my first time. Breakfast got hugely improved. There were more choices, including some pastries and omelette and waffles cooked on the spot. The staff were very attentive and smiley. It is a design apartment, but at the same time I found the room/building facilities quite practical to use. The bed was very comfortable. It is located near major shopping malls of Jakarta such as Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia (10 minutes by taxi) and has a great Italian restaurant, Ocha & Bella, in the same building (although the two are not related). It is good value for money, and I would definitely stay again in my next visit to Jakarta.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This apartment located in a strategic location with eateries nearby as well as banks (HSBC is right opposite to it) and shopping complex named Sarinah. By taking a short ride in taxi (roughly 10 to 15 minutes without traffic congestion), you are able to visit the popular shopping malls in Jakarta like Plaza Indonesia, eX shopping mall and Grand Indonesia Mall. In my opinion, these places are not really within walking distance but if you want to explore the city more, you may take your time walking to such malls.

The apartment lobby was nicely decorated with many antiques and vintage collections which even included the design of the rooms. The white bricked walls really gave the contemporary yet retro feeling and most importantly, the room was very spacious! Most of the basic home equipment and cooking utensils that you could think was already provided such as: toaster, microwave oven, dvd player, cooking pots, fridge, hair dryer and etc. Thus, it's really convenient and if you don't wish to dine out, you may get some groceries and cook yourself in the kitchen.

The downside was that it was closely situated to the mosque thus I found the dawn prayer pretty annoying and it actually disturbed my sleep. And also at around midnight, there would be few guys booming dangdut music in their ride by the roadside which was really disturbing and noisy.

The housekeeper took our used towels and did not replaced with the new ones. And the electricity in the living room tripped twice which got us thinking the electricity in the apartment was not stable.

Breakfast was average only, nothing special to me.

Other than these, it was still a pleasure experience staying with Morrissey ;)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This place is more like a hotel. We choose this place thinking that it has a 2 rooms apartment for families. As there were 4 of us, we booked 2 rooms with connecting doors. Instead we were given one room with one large bed. When asked again they did make a mistake and my 2 young daughters were later given a smaller room at a different floor.

We stayed for one night before returning home the next day.The studio executive room was large and spacious. The studio room was small. The beds were comfortable. There was a fully equipped kitchenette. This place is quite pricey but comfortable for relaxation and holiday. The breakfast is fine but could have been more tasty.

The rooms had no balcony. It is a bit claustrophobic. The corridors were bright during the day because of the glass on one side of the wall, but are dark and gloomy most of the time.This place is good for couple or those on business trips as it is located in Central Jakarta. We booked through Agoda and there was not many family concept rooms to choose from. If only there are a family concept serviced apartment or at least rooms with partitions or connecting doors it would be perfect. Putting family members or children far from parents is not ideal.

Room Tip: If you are travelling in groups it is best to check in early, otherwise most of the rooms are taken...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Morrissey? Share your experiences!