“Location location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Batavia Apartments

You added Batavia Apartments to your Saves list
Batavia Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Jl K.H. Mas Mansyur Kav. 126, Jakarta 10220, Indonesia (Tanah Abang)   |
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Location location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Nice, clean apartment. We stayed at 2 nice bedrooms apartment. Free breakfast everyday (for 2 adult, our baby boy was 15 months old at that time). We actually stayed in March 2010 for 10 days. Easy access to any super malls, restaurants, groceries etc.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

What a terrible experience!!! Ok...where should I start??? I had one day business trip to Jakarta on late May 2010. I was thinking to have a little reunion with High Schools. I was scouring the world wide web to find a perfect place for the reunion, after debating between Taman Anggrek, which has no picture, and Batavia Serviced Apartments; I decided to ask a favor from a friend of mine who live in Jakarta to make the reservation. I made the decision based on the pictures available on their website. Upon my arrival, things look okay on the lobby. But whole another story is waiting in the actual room, or maybe start right on the hallway. On the first night I booked a one bedroom apt.
I think I will just make a list:
1st night
1. the hallway is terribly HOT - no air conditioner! according to the staff they do that deliberately to avoid the cooking smell from the tenants. Yeah..right.... - I've never experience this in other apartments I've been to - but whatever.
2. okay....what is it with the falling apart electrical outlet with expose LIVE wire!!! don't they know about law suit????
3. dirty bathroom - moldy wall and dingy bathroom cabinet, grayish towel which should be perfectly white!!! - yuck!!!!
4. smelly microwave - it smell like hell ....... - imagine rotten fish!
5. then.....time to go to bed.... once I turn down the bed...... OMG - the sheet is in grayish color instead of white. Out of my curiosity I pulled out the pillow out of the case....for the future customer.....please don't do that....you'll be sorry. Thus I slept without a pillow that night.

2nd and 3rd night. I moved to 2 bedrooms apt after I insisted to see the apt first - after I looked at the apt and asked the staff if that's the best they can do..... (the answer is yes) ... - I was so angry and had nothing further to say.

6. this second apt the furnitures are old!! I don't mind dated furnishing...but they're dirty and torn up! as if you live in a college dorm!!
7. there's a fault smell in the kitchen every time we open the cabinet under the sink to get to the trash can. Later on we realize that it's the sewer gas that goes back up under the sink. Don't they realize that that's a poisonous gas????
8. No internet connection for short term tenant - no wireless service in the building. Oh....and it's supposed to be a luxurious serviced apt.....one thing the didn't mention that their service is a lot less superior than motel 8 or even red roof inn!!!

I think you get the idea by now..... - I can go on...and on...and on....about this apartment and the management. So......further customer..... BEWARE!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Batavia Apartments? Share your experiences!