“Great Hotel & Great Shopping” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta to your Saves list
HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Bulevar Kelapa Gading Blok M, Jakarta 14240, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Ta'jil for 2
Ranked #22 of 309 hotels in Jakarta
Surabaya
“Great Hotel & Great Shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Visited more than twice for attending a meeting at the convention hall which were amazing space for up to 300 pax with spacious room separated between smoking & non smoking floors.

As for the other family can enjoy sight seeing & shopping at Kelapa Gading shopping center which is located in the same complex with the hotel make it a functional place to stay for business & leisure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your trust, for staying again with us and for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. It is our pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay.

Be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we stay focus to try to consistently improve our facilities and services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon and we are staying at your disposal for further assistance you may need.

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Quezon City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

A modern and cool hotel. The room is large and well designed with a bright orange theme.
It has a good working area but could use a more comfortable working chair.
The bathroom has a good size and shower.
Downside is wifi is only available in the lobby. Rooms only have a wired connection.

Buffet breakfast was ample with mostly Indonesian cuisine. Buffet is reasonably priced but the extras double espresso cost just a little less than the breakfast.
The restaurant-bar had mosquitoes all night.

The hotel is attached to a very large mall. This makes it excellent for shopping and all the types of dining options from fast food to food court to specialty restaurants.

Room Tip: There is only one room type for the hotel. Insist on a non-smoking floor if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for having staying at HARRIS Kelapa Gading and for sharing your experience with us. Our Guests feedback is our most precious source of information in order to try to consistently improve our services and facilities.

We are as well, pleased to let you know that we are working on a project to provide the WIFI in all Guests rooms.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

First thing came up in my mind was the Orange Juice when I visited the hotel.
Bright orange on the wall was really lived up the atmosphere.
Stayed there for a night just to try the room. Room was spacious, clean and had complete ammenities inside like hair dryer, electric pot, fridge, big sofa, free internet (LAN not wireless btw, with a speed of 0.5Mbps, which is pretty decent) and even got a mini vault. The bed was very comfortable. Believe this is one of the best room in the 3 stars hotel in Jakarta.

Gym is spacious and quite complete, has locker room, and sauna room, but pool is pretty small though,

Breakfast is not included and you have to pay around 90K Rupiah, which is quite expensive considering that the hotel is located in the mall and you could've just walked out and got yourself a decent meal with half the price.

Btw, the hotel is located in Kelapa Gading area which is north of jakarta around 45 mins to an hour from the airport. About 1 to 1.5 hour to the central jakarta where almost all cbd are located.
So unless you have business near north jakarta or you just want to visit the area, then I suggest you take hotel in central jakarta area because the traffic could be very challenging.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for staying with us at HARRIS Kelapa Gading Jakarta and for taking the time to write your review.

We are glad to find out that you enjoy the overall concept of our hotel as well as our facilities. Kindly be informed that we are not a 3 star Hotel, but a 4 star. The Hotel has been classified and certified as a 4 star hotel by the Hotel Association of Indonesia.

Guest reviews are always a true and welcome source of encouragement to carry on our efforts to improve day after day our services and facilities.

Once again we thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Klang, Selangor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've checked into Harris Hotel Kelapa Gading multiple times in the past 6 weeks or so, as the organization I work for has a factory in the Pulo Gadung industrial area, and Harris is perfectly placed!

Likes: -
- Location is great! It's linked to this huge shopping mall which takes care of any needs you may have in terms of shopping and dining. It's also very convenient to get a Blue Bird taxi from the hotel
- Room is clean, comfortable and well maintained
- The staff is friendly and helpful. I would specifically commend two gentlemen at the front desk that have big smiles on their faces always, if I remember correctly, their names are Raymon and Ungga. Also, I've requested some assistance from front desk twice (one time the air-conditioning in my room wasn't really working, and the other, well, I lost the key to my luggage lock and asked for their assistance to cut the lock) and in both instances, they responded promptly. Engineering came and solved my issues at the first call.
- Oh, and I love the staff uniform. It lends to a very casual and cosy feeling when you're at the hotel. When you travel so frequently for business, sometimes this class of hotels can be quite a bit serious and boring. Not so Harris. Orange is great!
- Although small, the equipment in the fitness centre is very well maintained (or they are very new).

For dislikes, my only couple of issues have been mentioned by other reviewers, i.e. no wireless Internet in the room (there's a cable connection, which doesn't help if you are using a tablet or mobile phone) and also the use of soap instead of shower gel. But these are very small issues. In fact, I now bring my own shower gel when I know I'm staying at Harris!

When I was informed by my colleague that Harris is fully booked for my next trip, I was very disappointed to have to stay elsewhere. And that I guess says a lot about the hotel!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request for rooms that are not facing the nearby mosque
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

We understand that the strategic location of the hotel next to the Kelapa Gading shopping Mall has been essential to you. We are sincerely delighted to find out that our staff has made your stay memorable and that our facilities and services exceeded your expectations.

As you mentioned, we only provide cable connection for internet by now. But we are pleased to inform you, that we are working on a project to provide the WIFI in all Guests rooms.

General Manger
jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed in Harris Kelapa Gading a few times since my first time back in 2010ish. Let me list down the pros and cons from the point of view of a returning customer for easier reading.

The pros:
1. Location! It's the one factor that takes me to Harris. Being literally a few steps away from a pretty huge shopping mall with plenty of shops and choice of food makes me a happy guest.
2. Cozy room, clean bathroom, nice smell all around! They only had a smoking room during my check in and it does not have any lingering smell of tobacco (and I travelled with an infant. Thumbs up for the housekeeping people and GM of course)
3. Helpful staff at the front desk (a big improvement from my previous visit). Helpful yes, but efficiency can be improved (sometimes taking too long on a customer's checking in or out, but it's not as bad as my 2010 experience so I can see the improvement here)
4. Decent size swimming pool
5. The bed was good, not too soft and yet not that hard, so it's perfect for me. TV offers decent range of channels from local to international. Aromatherapy oil & candle in the room was a plus.

The cons:
1. What's with all the mosquitoes? While I am having my daily dose of free WiFi in the lobby (15 mins max), the insects are having their feast on my poor hands and legs. I know it's hard to keep them from entering the lobby but a regular spray from some local pest control (say once a week or twice) really does help a lot and it doesn't cost that much. I see that other guests were complaining to the dining staff about the mosquitoes too so it's not just me.
2. Better training of the operator OR put a direct line to housekeeping, concierge, front desk etc so we can dial straight to them instead of 0. I have to explain 3 times to 3 different people regarding the retrieval of my stored bag and still they don't deliver it. It seems to me that they are just reverting responsibilities to each other and I ended going downstairs and pester the bell boy myself to get the stuff.
3. This may just be picky on my side but I prefer shower gel (bath lotion in liquid form) instead of the soap bar. We stayed 3 nights and there was no gel so I assume Harris changed its amenities.
4. Free Wi-Fi only available in the lobby, but as the GM mentioned, there is a planned expansion of Wi-Fi in the rooms so I will wait and see.

All in all a good stay, 4/5 stars, that 1 missing star for the amount of blood I lost every night for 3 consecutive nights. I will definitely come back to stay in Harris in the future. Good work on creating a fun (and fragrant) atmosphere in a messy town such as Jakarta.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for staying again at HARRIS Kelapa Gading Jakarta.

It is our pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments are a precious source of information, in order to try to consistently improve our services and facilities.

Please, kindly find below our comments on the points you mentioned :

- Kindly accept my apologies for the inconvenient experience you had due to the mosquitoes. It is true that we are in season that attract lots of mosquitoes. We are now trying a new product in order to reduce this nuisance.

- Please also kindly accept my apologies for the inconvenience experience you had when requesting the stored bag, and be sure that corrective action has been taken, as we are continuously trying to improve our services and facilities. Training is as well one of our major concern in order to fulfill our Guest expectations.

- For the soap, it is HARRIS standard to have soap bars instead of shower gel. We take good note of your input and we might consider it for future implementation.

- As you mentioned, we are working on a project to extend the WIFI in all Guests rooms. We do indeed hope that you could enjoy this new facility soon.

Despite your comments, we are as well pleased to notice that the overall rating you gave us is good.

We indeed look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Harrisly yours,

Makassar, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was my 2nd time staying at Harris KG. both of my stay are in excellent service. The room is smell good, all facilities are in good maintenance, the bed was wonderfully. It's quite big and clean, the smell also fresh and so does the towels. The bathroom quite small but the room is big. Pity I got reservation without breakfast, but who cares? You just need to walk a few steps to the biggest shopping mall which provides everything. Definitely would stay here again soon.

Room Tip: Higher level room have an eagle eye view of Jakarta
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying again in HARRIS Kelapa Gading, and for taking the time to share your wonderful comments.

It was our pleasure to welcome you a second time, and, your comments are a precious source of encouragement. Please be sure that the whole team is extremely grateful.

We will pursue our efforts to try to positively surprise you every time you will come to visit us.

We are indeed looking forward to greeting you very soon on your next trip to Jakarta.

Harrisly yours,
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

It is probably the best simple hotel with the best location for shopping in Jakarta. It is located in one of the biggest shopping center (Mall Kelapa Gading) in Jakarta.
Harris Gading is not a fancy hotel. It is probably in the middle between an express hotel and a fancy hotel.

The room is very simple but yet give you this warm and cozy feeling. The room is very clean and have a decent size. It also has free internet (lan) in the room and wifi in the lobby and common area.

The service is average, I don't think you'll get problems with the service (just do not expect the same service with 5 stars hotel).

Value wise, it's definitely worth it. I often come to stay here to get away from my daily life (I live in Jakarta). I recommend anyone who wants to do mid level shopping (not gucci, LV, Hugo Boss etc) to stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Our guests feedback are our most precious source of information and a truly appreciated support to our daily commitment to try to always positively surprise you.

Once again thank you very much and we are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Jean-Pierre Serfaty

Been to HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta? Share your experiences!