I've checked into Harris Hotel Kelapa Gading multiple times in the past 6 weeks or so, as the organization I work for has a factory in the Pulo Gadung industrial area, and Harris is perfectly placed!
- Location is great! It's linked to this huge shopping mall which takes care of any needs you may have in terms of shopping and dining. It's also very convenient to get a Blue Bird taxi from the hotel
- Room is clean, comfortable and well maintained
- The staff is friendly and helpful. I would specifically commend two gentlemen at the front desk that have big smiles on their faces always, if I remember correctly, their names are Raymon and Ungga. Also, I've requested some assistance from front desk twice (one time the air-conditioning in my room wasn't really working, and the other, well, I lost the key to my luggage lock and asked for their assistance to cut the lock) and in both instances, they responded promptly. Engineering came and solved my issues at the first call.
- Oh, and I love the staff uniform. It lends to a very casual and cosy feeling when you're at the hotel. When you travel so frequently for business, sometimes this class of hotels can be quite a bit serious and boring. Not so Harris. Orange is great!
- Although small, the equipment in the fitness centre is very well maintained (or they are very new).
For dislikes, my only couple of issues have been mentioned by other reviewers, i.e. no wireless Internet in the room (there's a cable connection, which doesn't help if you are using a tablet or mobile phone) and also the use of soap instead of shower gel. But these are very small issues. In fact, I now bring my own shower gel when I know I'm staying at Harris!
When I was informed by my colleague that Harris is fully booked for my next trip, I was very disappointed to have to stay elsewhere. And that I guess says a lot about the hotel!
If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request for rooms that are not facing the nearby mosque
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
September 10, 2012
Dear valued Guest,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
We understand that the strategic location of the hotel next to the Kelapa Gading shopping Mall has been essential to you. We are sincerely delighted to find out that our staff has made your stay memorable and that our facilities and services exceeded your expectations.
As you mentioned, we only provide cable connection for internet by now. But we are pleased to inform you, that we are working on a project to provide the WIFI in all Guests rooms.
For the soap, it is HARRIS standard to have soap bars instead of shower gel. We take good note of your input and we might consider it for future implementation.
Be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we stay focus to try to consistently improve our facilities and services.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon and we are staying at your disposal for further assistance you may need.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.