“Five-Star Hotel Masquerading As Four Stars” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta

Save Saved
You added HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta to your Saves list
HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Bulevar Kelapa Gading Blok M, Jakarta 14240, Indonesia   |
Special Price
10% off for selected days
Ranked #24 of 317 hotels in Jakarta
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Five-Star Hotel Masquerading As Four Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We checked into the Harris Hotel after staying in two other so called high rating 4-star hotels in Jakarta. Warning: Most hotels in Jakrta are not located on nice streets or areas, except those in the Downtown.

The Harris Hotel Kelapa Gading area hotel is situated right in the centre of the Mall of Indonesia complex, which is a huge, modern residential, commercial and Hotel complex that boasts three large, top quality malls. The Harris rooms are above 4-star quality, staff are well chosen, service top quality, and price excellent for this overall quality setup. Don't waste your time like we did, running around Jakarta for three days trying to find a complete hotel with the right location.......this is it.

One more thing; the pictures of this hotel at this website do not do justice, its really much nicer in real life, so Hotel Management: please take nightime hotel exterior pictures.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Valuable Guest,

We are extremely pleased to read that you had a good stay with us and be certain that we highly appreciate your shared your feeling with us. We sincerely thank you for having taken the time to do it. Our Customers' well-being is our Priority and their feedback our most precious source of information.

We are also glad you enjoyed the hotels' location. As a matter of fact, HARRIS Kelapa Gading is located in the heart of Mal Kelapa Gading which offers a wide selection of local and international brands and some nice entertainments such as movie theaters, play grounds, live music...

Thank you as well for your very interesting input about the pictures; We will proceed shortly.

Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again very soon,

General manager

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Pontedera, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This is a good hotel for everybody is searching a nice hotel, with good quality/price rate.
The service is good, the hotel people are young, smart, kind and very professional.
The global furnishing is simple but efficient.
The room was spacious, essential, clean. The same for the bathroom, but the washbasin was too small.
Breakfast is good, but the breakfast room is too small: if you want to have breakfast from 6.30 to 8.00 you must fight with a lot of people to take the food, find a place to sit down, ask something to the service people.
The Hotel is located in the suburbs of Jakarta and this is useful for who wants to "quickly" go outside Jakarta.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing HARRIS Kelapa Gading and be sure that we highly appreciate your review as our Clients' opinions are the most precious source of information.

We are pleased to read that you had an overall good stay with HARRIS and we thank you for your kind comments about our staff.

Regarding the breakfast, we have recently hired additional Employees in order to be faster and more efficient to clean, set up the tables and assist our Customers as it is true that during high activity, the breakfast room is very busy. This issue is one of our main concern and be certain that we keep on monitoring it.

Once again, we thank you.

Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again very soon,

Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The hotel has a refreshing colour look! Orange is the one and it suits it okay. First impression was the hotel cab driver and the vehicle. It is also in orange colour, I mean the seats too in orange colour. The receiption is decent and room is brand new. I'm comfortable staying there.
THe down side is the room telephone. Some of the telephone cannot call outside eventhough aquire the activation keys from receiptionist. Just make sure your mobile phone can access there before you go.

Room Tip: Notting special on viewing since it's in the city center! All rooms the same.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and be sure that we also highly appreciate your review as our Customers' feed backs are our most precious source of information.

After receiving your review, we have done two investigations: a internal one and one done by our telephone Operator. This is why it took longer than usual to answer you and we apology for that delay. Nevertheless, no connection's issue were revealed and no incident were reported during your period of stay.
We also have checked all rooms telephones' instructions and it seems all clear.

We apology for not being able to explain why you could not use your hotel room's phone and be certain that we keep on paying a special attention on this matter.

Wishing you a very pleasant day and looking forward to welcoming you again very soon,

Antoine VILLETTE
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

When simplicity and efficiency are your top expectation from a good hotel. I experienced hassle free and efficient service, the hotel simply delivers they promises. They quoted simple, unique, friendly.. but I must add with efficient and everything works! Loved the free internet access (that works), staff are approachable and sincerely friendly, location is good and easy to get around the city - if there's traffic, we all should blame the city not the hotel. Food is great, room is great and clean! easy to navigate your self to use all the facilties and again, everything works! Loved it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your so encouraging review and great support.

We are sincerely pleased to read that you enjoyed staying with us and be sure of our continuous efforts to always positively surprised our Clients.

Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon,

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed a night here after visiting my customer nearby as it is on the way to the airport. Well, the hotel looks new (not sure new or renovated), with its usual bright colours which I think appeals to their family and kids based customer. But for a business traveller with age, the colours around the hotel kind of overwhelmed u a bit, esp the glaring orange if u are not in a good mood. Anyway, check-in was ok with service oriented staff and welcome drink. The room was big enough with good amenities as well, including well-stocked minibar (it is just the colour again). They have a cushioned bench instead of the usual sofa and luggage bench. But internet is complimentary and wired, which beats those free wi-fi u get in other hotels, for business traveller like me. Bed is normal without complaints and room is quite. But there is no bath tub though, for those interested. Breakfast is paid separately and for the price, the food and spread is decent. The problem is when I was at the egg station looking for scrambled egg, the waiter told me they don't have (as the cook is busy then). I tried to explain but they still say don't have without asking the cook. Now, come on. I know I don't pay for 5 stars, but scrambled egg is so simple and basic and they have an egg station with cooks around. I thought maybe they have it at the buffet table like some other hotel, so I looked around but found nothing. I took me a 2nd time and this time asking the cook himself that I got my scrambled egg. The other problem is they asked for a deposit of Rp 25,000 for a Silver Bird to the airport (in case we default the booking), though we are a guest in the hotel. As I am short of cash after dinner, I have to do it again next morning since I do want to come down again. Even then, they took quite a while to sort it out the next day. I had stayed in further and remote place like Cikarang and the hotel booked for u without any problem. Beside, they called u at 10am for "friendly reminder" to inform u check-out is 12noon, when I thought they want to inform my taxi is here. Check out was fast, just that we need to search around for my taxi again. As I only stayed a night after work, I didn't try other facilities.
The great thing is the hotel is linked to this huge mall next door, so u can get other meals options easily and do some shopping.
All in all, it is still value for money at that price, as compared to the hotels I had stayed before near industrial estates, where they ripped u off at higher price with fewer amenities as they are the only one around.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and for sharing your opinion. Our Guests feedback is our most precious source of information to assist us in our quest to consistently improve our services and facilities. We have opened HARRIS Kelapa Gading a year ago and all comments are always helpful.

We sincerely apologize for the "scramble eggs" episode as we totally agree with your comment.. Be sure that proper instructions have been reminded to the people concerned.
Regarding the deposit requested for the taxi, kindly be informed that it is Taxi Blue Bird's policy to do so. The other options would have been to either ask for a taxi when about to leave the hotel or to book the hotel's car one day before going to the airport. We will make sure that our receptionists, especially our newcomers, are well aware about it to advice properly our Clients.

We also highly appreciate your comments about the design and we are always pleased to discuss about it. As you have noticed, HARRIS hotels are different compare to most of its "colleagues". Orange colors, different uniforms, contemporary music... are made to cheer up our Customers' mood especially after a long day traveling or working. We believe that all Guests, business or leisure, entitle a friendly relaxing ambiance at any time.
For some, it will pop up few souvenirs from the late 60's early 70's and for the younger, we hope it will support their already dynamic attitude.
So yes, HARRIS Kelapa Gading is a business hotel with its 307 rooms, 2.000sqm of meeting rooms and we are glad to read that you have found a family atmosphere in it.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Antoine VILLETTE
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel several times in the past 18 months and have always enjoyed each time I am there. I have stayed in Mulia, Shangri-La, Sultan, Borobudur on some trips and feel very 'locked up' in these hotels as I was advised against going out on my own at night. The Kelapa Gading Mall next door is a real life saver with reasonably priced restaurants and shopping, always nice to be able to take a stroll in a mall after dinner. For Jakarta standards at this price, it offers excellent value for the $$$.

On the hotel service level, I did not have high expectations on my initial visit considering the price but I was pleasantly surprised at the friendly service shown by everyone. For me, this hotel is a good example to show that you do not need to pay top dollar for good service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear Mr. VictorNg,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion and be sure that we sincerely appreciate your comments.

To positively surprise our Valued Guests is our daily commitment and we are very pleased to read that we exceed your expectations.

Staying at your disposal for further assistance you may need during your next stay with us,
Harrisly Yours.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011 via mobile

A friend advised me to stay at Kelapa Geding Harris because it was the closest to her home and that would make picking/dropping me off easiest. I have stayed at Harris Batam and was not really impressed but this new hotel did impress me!

Harris kept to their usual cheerful colors of orange and green which they used all around the hotel. Check-in was a breeze. The room was spacious and clean. Everything is nice and new and bed was comfortable. Staff were always friendly and helpful.

Location was great too! It's connected to a mall and a food centre where we had great local food.

I really enjoyed my stay there and would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2011
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your very positive review and we are very pleased to understand that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Be sure that our team is daily committed to our Guests' satisfaction in order to always provide the best services and facilities.

Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon,
Harrisly yours,

Antoine Villette

Been to HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta? Share your experiences!