“Love it, worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Islands, Outdoors
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scattered through Jakarta Bay are the 1000 Islands, Palau Seribu. Known for great beaches, diving, and holiday travel, these make a great day trip or weekend getaway.
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Love it, worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you don't have enough money to visit bali, so thousand islands are the best choice. It takes 1h to go to the port in the early morning. We took a tour to Pramuka island, included snorkeling, BBQ, cycling around the island, .. And I need to mention that 1000 islands are such a beautiful sight seeing with the blue sky & ocean

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
“Island hopping to the "Maldive" of Jakarta....really great experience...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We used a travel organizer for this trip, and paid IDR 850k / pax, which included private speedboat, private fishing boat for island hopping and snorkeling activities, one night aircond accommodation in Harapan Island, 4x meals, plus snorkeling equipment. There were in total 12 persons participating, and I took my eldest son and my nephew along. We departed from Marina Ancol at 7.00am, took us about 1.5 hours to the rented house (in Harapan Island) that we use as home base for our activities.

Right after lunch, we started our snorkeling activities, hopping from one spot to another, island by island. I was so stunned with the beauty of coral reefs and under water scenes with many beautiful fishes in Thousand Island. I could not believe there were fascinating places only 1.5 hours away from Jakarta. Probably it is not as beautiful as Bunaken or Raja Ampat (i've never been there too...), but for the monies and time you spend, Thousand Island worth a lot. For me, the underwater scenes are even more beautiful than the Gilis in Lombok that I visited a month earlier (May 2013).

We came back to the rented house around 6.00pm, took a good rest, and continued the same activities the next morning to different spots/islands until 2.pm, had a quick lunch, and wend back to Marina Ancol Jakarta. I have uploaded some pics that we took during the trip.

There are many options of tour packages to Thousand Island that you can find in internet, starting from IDR 400k - IDR 2.5k per pax, depending on mode of transportation, type of accommodation.

Thousand Islands is a really "must-go" place you should put in your vacation list.....

Visited June 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
22 attraction reviews
“amazing islands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

we are 16 persons go to hoping islands on thousand islands rent a private yacht, we start from Pantai Mutiara (there are 3 pier Pantai Mutiara, Pantai Ancol, Muara Angke) took some food for lunch at Pramuka island and diving, saw under sea aquarium at Putri Island then snorkling around it, spent our night at Bintang Island (very quiet island we feel like our island, we just go snorkling 2 meters from beach and see many kind of fish)...You can go by travel agent or straight to the pier, for pier Muara Angke you must ready there at 5.30 am !
have a nice sailing....

Visited May 2013
Barcelona, Spain
29 attraction reviews
“Aesthetic perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

These islands are uniquely beautiful. My son and I briefly visited Coconut, Star and Princess Islands, but actually stayed at Tiger Island, a two-hectare heaven, from which you could swim, snorkel or kayak to other islands nearby. The lush green plant life and towering palms,pines and mangroves keep you cool and tranquil. And the wildlife, from tropical gar to monitor lizards, was awesome in color and variety. Although my visit was a family trip, I can't imagine a better place for a romantic escape.

Visited July 2013
Shanghai, China
18 attraction reviews
“my recomdation for everyone who come to jakarta looking for great experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

i have been coming here since im small, great place for solo, family or couple. i usually hired a boat, fish and then cooked the fish freshly on the near by island. once i do some squid fishing during the night and cooked them freshly with the local spices heavenly.

what i love about it the most is every island have their own unique spices and blends cooking the seafood you just caught. and there nothing better than a fresh fish esp the one that you caught by your self.

Visited July 2013