“Big rooms but nothing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Puri Casablanca Serviced Apartment

You added Puri Casablanca Serviced Apartment to your Saves list
Puri Casablanca Serviced Apartment
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jl. Puri Casablanca No.1 | Kuningan, Jakarta 12870, Indonesia (Tebet)   |
Ranked #54 of 162 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Big rooms but nothing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Rooms was big, there still space in living room. Everything OK. Please be a ware with towel, such a bath towel, bathmat and amanities should be proved extra complete. The process check should effecient time without waiting to loong for double check the unit. I'm fine, just affraid for guest going to APT.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

As a foreigner living in Puri Casa Blanca I think I can accurately give an assessment of the living conditions here, however not of the hotel area.
Pros-
Beautiful maintained gardens
Nice outdoor walking path, exercise facility, playground for children, and pool area
Convenience store stocked with many foreign items
Small cafe with inexpensive fare
Within walking distance of a large mall-although treacherous walk
Staff here rather friendly

Cons-
Within earshot of 5 mosques-wake up call anytime between 3:15 a.m. and 4:00a.m.-I have heard
many a call to prayer that are beautiful, these guys need singing lessons
Have found poop in the pool on many occasions-when I have complained to management. I was told that when visitors come this is typical behavior of people that live in the compound
Poor security
Hot in hallways and elevators-no AC there at all
Sometimes impossible to get a taxi due to horrible traffic on Casablanca

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors you can hear swimming pool, higher floors you can hear the mosques, take your...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice apartment in the middle of busy Jakarta, huge space, nice for family. If you travelling with family, I recommend Puri Casablanca. Near Kota Kasablanka Mall, nice restaurant and shopping area. They have many facilities, such as tennis court, children playgound, swimming pool, etc. I will come back to this apartment for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was a family trip. 7 of us, 2 units. 3 rooms in each unit. We stayed at Block Dahlia. Spacious. Kitchen is available but don't expect too much on the equipment. They have a grocery store but it's at the opposite block. We had to go to the store for breakfast actually, which is fine if you go there early. Otherwise you're gonna have to wait for your turn as there's not enough space. The real restaurant was under renovation if im not mistaken. Everything else is good, the only downside is the location. Traffic, traffic, traffic. It was madness. Good thing there's a new mall located just a walking distance from the apartment

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just stayed here for a week over the Easter period. We had a 2 bedroom apartment on 21st floor. First of all, I was very nervous due to all the negative comments about the cleanliness of the apartment so I my expectation level was very low. On first impression it does look very nice, spacious and reasonably clean. However, the bathrooms are pretty bad - lots of mold in the grouting. So if you are a real "clean" nut then you wont like that at all - having said that, I went to the rest rooms at the super swanky Emeralda Golf Resort just south of Jakarta and I have to say that they were much to be desired as well - so I guess this mold problem is something you have to accept in a hot and humid country. I did notice that a very dirty yucky pair of socks had been left behind by a previous tenant and the cleaning crew had obviously not picked up on that, also in the second bathroom someone had left a loofah. But not getting picky with the cleaners, I thought they did a reasonable job.

The kitchen was the worst part of the apartment - left me speechless at first. Two plates, two bowls, two each of knives, forks and spoons (and for some reason 4 cake forks) and just one teeny tiny frying pan and one small saucepan. The kitchen was also gloomy, hot and generally not very nice with laminate peeling off the doors and the fridge was circa 1980 but it worked ok. I didnt intend doing any cooking anyway other than cereal for breakfast and sandwiches at lunch so I kind of got used to it after the initial shock horror.

There is no electric kettle/jug or toaster in the kitchen!!!! Kind of shocked us at first. There are no cups either. However, I found out that you have to ask at reception for the electric jug and cups and they send them up to the room pretty promptly. The toaster you have to rent off them and we declined that (about $2 a day - didnt think it was worth it).

There is a washing machine but it is in a little corridor "outside" the apartment (dont look in the doors alongside there - we are guessing the setup is for if you have live-in servants or something). There is a washing line but no pegs - we had to buy them from the supermarket downstairs (about $3,20)

The bed in the master bedroom was hard and lumpy so not good for me. In the second bedroom it was just a single bed and my travelling companion said he never slept that well so I guess it wasnt so good either. There is no hanging space in the second bedroom. The bathroom in the master was pretty spacious but, as mentioned before, had lots of mold issues (I did take photos but decided not to upload as they might cause people concern - if interested I can email to anyone to see for themselves). We did get clean towels every day. The "toiletries" were: soap, shower cap, shampoo, toothbrush, cotton buds. Nothing else - so not really a "good" range of toiletries but they are replaced every day. You do get slippers.

You are opposite a graveyard (at front) and there is a "military" graveyard at the back but, hoestly, it wasnt that bad. I was expecting something so much worse and menacing. I actually thought the graveyard looked quite peaceful and it didnt bother me at all.

You have to go down to Basement Level B1 to get to the "Food Hall" - it really wasnt that bad to get there so am not sure why people have complained so much about this issue. The supermarket is actually quite good and compares well to the Carrefour in the Kota Kasablanca Shopping Mall just down the street. We ended up buying all of our groceries here and just once ventured to Carrefour only to find the prices were comparable. We ate quite a few meals at the Food Hall - the Nasi Goreng was quite good at 28,000rp. Pizza and Spaghetti Bolognese both had this strange "sweet" sauce on them which I didnt particularly like but they were still edible and cheap. Didnt get to eat the fish and fries but saw them going out to another customer and they looked ok. Best meal we had there (I thought) was the Minestrone Soup with garlic bread. I really enjoyed it and was disappointed when it went "off the menu". I had the mushroom soup one night and it was ok though my travel companion didnt like it.

There is no wi-fi in the rooms - only internet via modem which you have to pay for. You can get wi-fi in the lobby in Building 1 and you can also get wi-fi in the Food Hall so we took to going there most evenings. The staff really didnt mind if you just sat there and drank water (though we usually got a beer from the supermarket)

The apartments are a very short - through treachorous - walk to the Kota Kasablanca Mall, well worth a visit. There are many restaurants here - we went to the Fish&Go and though it was "plastic" food it wasnt that bad. A little more pricey is the wine bar just opposite. The food there is twice price of most places around but sooooo much more delicious AND you can get a glass of wine. Heaven. You can also get wine at the karaoke bar on the next level. As mentioned before, the Carrefour Supermarket is also in this Mall and worth a visit.

All in all I really didnt mind staying at the Puri Casblanca Apartments. Downsides for me was the hard bed and the fact that you had to drive along the extremely busy Jalan Casablanca to get there and sometimes we had to get the driver to drop us off well before Jalan Puri Casablanca because we would be in such a grid lock of traffic. Other downside is being woken up at 4am with the Call to Prayer from local mosques. The sound must have reverberated from the sides of the buildings because i noticed it didnt seem as noisy at ground level. I took to sleeping with ear plugs and that fixed the issue a bit. I didnt really notice the traffic noise but maybe we were high enough to miss all that. I was also slightly disappointed that the much advertised "mini golf" no longer existed though there are practice golf nets. The childrens playground looked quite good and there were at least 3 tennis courts for the more energetic.

I would most likely stay here again. It is realtively cheap and not that bad, just not such a good location.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Check in at the hotel was swift and fast. A friend and I were in two bed room apartment. All I can say, the apartment was clean, spacious living area, full self contained kitchen which we fully utilized to make some meals.
Lots of toiletries, Bath towels, even sandals and air conditioning in every room. Puri kasablanca shopping malls was of great convenience, being a 5 mins walk where you can enjoy an array of restraints and top end clothing and SOGO department store. The only down side is the nearby view of the cemetery .

I highly recommend this hotel due to the fact that you are able to use the kitchen, washing machine, and the a ole space offered, together with having a food hall deli and restaurant on the ground floor. There, there is even a nice swimming pool and kids play ground.
I will definitely be returning to puri Casablanca for my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Luanda, Angola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel is old, there are almost nothing at the apartement, there are only basic things and they are super old. The apartement is quite big. But the noise you can hear from the outside balcony and also from your neighbor. There are only four plates, four spoons and cups and you cant really cook with the amount of numbers of kitchen utilites. It doesnt match what they describe on the web at all.

The access to the restaurant from where we were was incredible, we have to go to the basement where all the car parks, its not comfortable at all. There are no room service, so everytime you wanted to eat you have to pass this car parking.

The location is exactly where the traffic are, but if you want to go shopping in the mall ambassador then you are in the right place. I will not comeback to that hotel, I can top up some more budget and get better accomodation.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the building which has the best access to the restaurant and the swimming pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Puri Casablanca Serviced Apartment? Share your experiences!