“i never had this experience before” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oria Hotel

Save Saved
You added Oria Hotel to your Saves list
Oria Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan KH. Wahid Hasyim No.85, Jakarta 10350, Indonesia (Formerly Luxe Hotel)   |
Ranked #106 of 324 Hotels in Jakarta
“i never had this experience before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff are very warmful. The room very clean. The location near by central business distric. I can go anywhere, and enjoy my business trip. The staff also helpful and giving me information that i want to know. I definetely to stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Staying on this hotel for 2 nights at business trip, this hotel is very well-located at the centre of Jakarta, very near to SCBD area. A good place to stay if you have business to do at SCBD area. Rooms are small, but well arranged. There are separated floor for smoking & non-smoking rooms, very convenience for non-smokers. Toilet & bathroom are clean enough, but the towel is quite old and need replacement, the color is not even white anymore. Oh, it's a small things but we only got 1 toothbrush, fortunately I brought my own and there's a lot of convenience store around this hotel. The breakfast is just so so.. a little under our expectation for the price we had to pay (956,500IDR or approx $90-95). The staff is very helpful though, there's always someone to help you to open the door, and caught a taxi for you. Overall I enjoy my stay here, but maybe I will try another hotel if I have to stay at that area, since there's quite a lot of hotels there.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

very thankfull to all of staff in Oria Hotel Jakarta.. feels like home to me. this hotel also near by sarinah thamrin, and jl. sabang, the central of culiner place. the prices also valueble. not really expensive. the rooms larger than any other three stars hotel.. recomended not only for business traveler, but also for anypeople who wants to enjoy their vacation..

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

The very worst customer service of any hotel I have been to in very many years, possibly ever.

My one night stay cost me US$265 for which I received a standard room in a tired run down hotel.

There were no redeeming features.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
OriaHotelJkt, General Manager at Oria Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

We take all feedback seriously, so we immediately launched an investigation into your claims. Regarding your claim of your one night stay costing you US$ 265. We found that your room rate, which you purchased from a travel agent was actually US$ 70. However, we have an incident report for your stay where you claim that for Room Deposit, you gave our staff US$ 200, however received Indonesian Rupiah 200,000 back upon checkout, thus costing you an additional US$ 185.

As we take any allegations of fraud seriously, we began our investigation by reviewing the Cash Receipt Form for your Deposit, which contained your signature, and which clearly stated Indonesian Rupiah 200,000. Next we examined our CCTV footage from the front desk upon your check-in, which had evidence to support that you gave Indonesian Rupiah. Finally we interviewed the 3 Front Office staff present upon your Check-In to check for consistency regarding your check-in.

From our investigation, we found that the Front Office staff would have been in the wrong to give you US$200 as you insisted based on your memory, when all the evidence showed that you gave Indonesia Rp. 200,000. Moreover, a US$200 deposit is not consistent with what would have been asked for your Room Deposit, while Rp. 200,000 is the usual deposit amount requested from guests who reserve through the Travel Agent that you used for your reservation.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that you did not leave Oria Hotel with a positive impression, labeling us a "tired run down hotel", even though we just recently opened in 2013 and take great pride in our property's maintenance. We hope that this matter and the result of our investigation will not deter you from staying at Oria Hotel in the future.

Oria Hotel Jakarta
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, new hotel with helpful staff and moments of brilliance in some of the food they serve. It's very central, lots of food along the road where it's at, from local street food to mid-range eateries and joints. There's even a Macdonald's for the culinarily unadventurous. Small shopping centers nearby as well. I would recommend it anytime. Keep up the good work!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
OriaHotelJkt, General Manager at Oria Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Miss,

Thank you for your review, and we are delighted to hear that you had a very good experience with us. As you mentioned, our location is one of the best in the city for exploring different types of foods, with a wide range of local and international restaurant chains available within walking distance. We will certainly try to keep up the good work, and look forward to welcoming you back to Oria Hotel during your next trip to Jakarta.

Oria Hotel Jakarta
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Oria Hotel at the Jalan Wahid Hasyim is a fine, cool and most of all a very clean modern hotel in the middle of the bustling heart of Indonesia's capital Jakarta. a suitable and ideal place for the businessman to be. Other arrangements can also be realize like family gatherings a well etc.
The staff is not overly humble as in many '5 star tourist hotels' but smooth, attend and polite which make me feel like home.
The food is good and well in choice and if you're a Japanese food lover well, this the right place to be
What I need is a place to stay and to sleep and I guess i've found myself a Home and most of all a new family to be with. It is worth recommending

Daniel Sahuleka,
The Netherlands.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
OriaHotelJkt, General Manager at Oria Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Sahuleka,

We would like to thank you for choosing Oria Hotel for your stay in Jakarta and for your positive review. Our staff prides ourselves in creating a “Homey” atmosphere while still delivering the professional standards our guests deserve. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our Caza Suki Restaurant, and are glad to inform you that in addition to our popular All You Can Eat BBQ & Shabu-Shabu buffet, we have also expanded our Ala Carte menu to include various Japanese, Western, and Indonesian dishes.

Once again, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Oria Hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Jakarta.

Hendra Surip
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is the former Luke Hotel which was renovated last year. The exterior looks new and lobby seems comfortable. After I viewed the rooms, I booked the Olay Suite room for 2 weeks, but only
managed to stay for 2nights.

When I reached the hotel about 2.30pm, the rooms are not ready yet although the check in time was 2pm. In the room, there was
1) No toilet paper
2) Cups were VERY dirty with tea stains
3) Floors does not seem to be mopped and since it is wooden floor, it has a sticky and disgusting feeling walking on it
4) There was no shower curtain for the bathtub, which is quite unacceptable being the most expensive room type in the hotel.
5) No hand towels
6) No universal fixed plug, so either you bring a universal adapter or borrow one from the recep.
7) Sofa does not seem too clean but was still within acceptable range.

The bed is quite comfortable, not too hard but the pillows were hard and not fluffy. 4 pillows are given but it is too hard to even sleep on one.
As I was staying on the third floor, the noise from the streets were loud and I can hear the bass from the music outside, some loud talking and engine noises
can be heard clearly from the 7/11 beside. There is too much noise through out the night.

The air conditioning was blowing in a fixed direction, so if you are at the working desk, you will be really cold but it is hot when you are on the bed since circulation is not good.

Service at the room was really slow, I could not get my laundry bag for 30 mins and I had to go out and get it myself.

The worst thing was that the internet was HORRIBLE. The IT came to the room to check and could not get it working for 2 days which triggered me to change hotels. The IT guy even try get away with it by showing me it was working on his laptop, so I took his laptop,
clicked on yahoo news and it hanged! Guess he was just trying to get away since he has been to my room for at least 5 times and could not get it to work. Until 2 days later, they told me that they are doing a wifi upgrade, but well, who can justify this.

Breakfast was normal, bread and toast was there. The toast is the old machine which is the press down kind and takes awhile to get your toast done. No chocolate spread, but butter and jam is available.
I ordered a plain omelette but a sunny side up came instead, guess the english understanding was not too good.

On the second day, there was some painting going on in the afternoon and the smell of paint was totally choking.

Overall,

Size of the room is good, location is perfect. It is 5 mins walk to the mall, supermarket and plenty of food within 2kms. 7/11 to the right and a seafood restuarant to the left. If you are not a business traveller and internet is not important to you,

Room Tip: As the suite I stayed in is the closest to the main road, it is very noisy at night, not only from t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback seriously and have discussed your comments with our staff. We apologize that your stay with us did not meet expectation, primarily because of issues regarding our internet upgrade, however we are delighted to inform you that our Wi-Fi internet upgrade for speed and stability is completed.

We also apologize for the inconvenience caused by room renovations, but are happy to report that the room renovations are now completed and guests can now enjoy our additional room types. We encourage you to give Oria Hotel another chance to see the improvements for yourself during your next visit to Jakarta.

Hendra Surip

Been to Oria Hotel? Share your experiences!