“Liked it.. very much..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Huize Van Wely

Huize Van Wely
46 A, Kemang Raya, Jakarta, Indonesia (Gambir)
62217191976
Improve this listing
Ranked #167 of 5,136 restaurants in Jakarta
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Gambir
Jakarta
“Liked it.. very much..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stumbled upon huize van wely in year 2009, and that time I was amazed at the selection of gourmet cakes they offered.. and right up till now in 2013, i still fancy them, it has become my favourite haunts and my source for cakes, desserts I need for festive celebrations.. They are costly yes but its fine by me, Its very well worth it.. I don't have any complaints patronizing the place every weekend.. Huize van wely highly praised gourmet cakes sure makes other cake makers like Harvest for instance, like mere kindergarten, its incomparable..

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
“Fancy Dutch restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant can be categorized as an expensive fancy restaurant, but the quality is very high... Let's say, good quality comes with the price.. What I love from this restaurant are the ice cream.. Think they are the best ice cream in town, surprisingly with reasonable price.. Even cheaper than famous brand ice cream with initial HD... And much more delicious...
Their cookies, chocolate and chocolate rice are imported from the Netherlands .. But the taste are amazing!
Their tea selection are also nice! Lots of cute rare variants..
If you are an ice cream geek.. Should come by and try theirs... Heerlijk..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The pyramid chocolate cake is superb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Come to this cake shoppe to order cakes for my company's event. Try several pastries, but definitely pyramid choc cake is my fave! love the pretty looking pastries and it tastes delicious...don't forget to try champagne and raspberry tart too.

Visited January 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Excellent pastries!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

The pastries is very delicious and very pretty, too. Eventhough it is pretty expensive, but we get what we pay for. The drawback is that the staff are somewhat arrogant; however they still manage to give professional service compared to a five-star hotel establishment.

Hong Kong, China
“Traditional Dutch food amongst others, love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

What a cool spot for lunch/brunch. They recently moved house the front of the Papillion building and now have a modern and luxurious interior with grays, whites en white orchids.
We enjoyed brunch on the comfortable grey loveseats with a huge table in the middle where my son could play with his cars.

Being Dutch we had the white toast with 'kroketten': a traditional Dutch dish made of ragout of meat and a crispy outside made of breadcrumbs (cylinder shape), Dutch 'bitterballen' which is about the same as the kroketten but in ball-shape and served with mustard accompanied by a delicious veggie salad and glass of white wine.
I wish we had some more time for dessert as all the cakes and cookies looked fantastic. (we could have done take-away too of some traditional Dutch cakes & cookies but I forgot. I will have to return!

Lovely and attentive staff as well

• Visited November 2011