“Just some hiccups - but will return” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta

Save Saved
You added Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Dr. Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung Blok E4.2 No. 1 | Mega Kuningan, Jakarta 12950, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 313 hotels in Jakarta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Just some hiccups - but will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The experience was good, but few items did turn me off:

1) I placed my bath robe in the toilet after use (in the wash bucket) but the next day, my bath robe was not replaced in the cupboard, but instead was folded and placed on the sofa! There are obvious reason why I placed it in the bucket - to be replaced - and I was very disappointed with this

2) At night, the neighbouring room was playing music from 10pm-12am and the music was audible from my room. Perhaps better sound-proofing can be installed to protect the privacy and peacefulness for the guests - though it could also have been a maximum blast

3) Breakfasts though decent are still sub-par in my opinion due to the minimal selection choices

4) Two instances of black-outs during the night. Perhaps Oakwood could install some emergency lights in the living room in the event of a black-out for safety / ease of guests. It was pitch black and thankfully I was near my handphone and had my laptop on! Good luck if you're in the toilet

Apart from that, stay was pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

OPCJ-Manager, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Oakwood Traveller

Many thanks for your valuable feedback, it is most appreciated.

I note from your comments, the following issues:-

1. With regard to the bathrobe, we shall re-visit this aspect of our housekeeping service and ensure our Housekeeping associates receive reminder training to replace the robe in such circumstances.

2. Oakwood has Customer Service Representatives and Security personnel on duty 24/7. In the event of any form of reported disturbance, a Security Officer would have been dispatched to investigate and the “offending” room occupants would have received a call requesting them to control the volume levels.

3. Breakfast selection – all input on dish variety is welcomed; if you have time please let us know specifically which items would have lead to a “more complete” impression (customerservice.cozmojakarta@oakwoodasia.com )

4. The Oakwood building is equipped with two large diesel powered generators which can assume 100% normal load capacity. On the night in question I, too was sitting on my couch in my Oakwood apartment. The main supply was cut due to a Transformer fire in a PLN (Jakarta electricity company) sub-station. As I counted out loud, the GenSet took 23 seconds to automatically activate. When the Main Supply was restored the switch back from Gen Set to Mains was achieved in less than three seconds. The apartments are equipped with Emergency Torches and all corridors, Firewells and Public Area have Emergency lighting.

Once again your input is most valuable to us and we hope to welcome you back to Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta in the not too distant future.

Best regards
Oakwood GM

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We, a family with 2 young children aged 4 and 1, stayed in one bedroom executive (bedroom plus den) from Dec 10-17 and Dec 23-Jan 2, 2013. We loved our stay!!!! Oakwood was truly a home away from home. All staff members were courteous, helpful and sincere. The apartment was clean and spacious. It provided enough room for our kids to roam around and for us to entertain guests. The bed was very comfortable - I personally loved the duvet. Our housekeeper, Nisa, kept the apartment clean and clutter free. The swimming pool was a nice size, and I loved how the shallow area was separated from the deep end with a wall. Oakroom breakfast buffet didn't provide as wide selections as other hotels, but it was enough for us. We loved having Ranch Market (supermarket) and several restaurants on site. Truly convenient for everyday living.

Note there's still a major construction next door. Our bedroom faced the construction site - we didn't have major noise problems during our stay even during works that were completed late at night for a few nights (Oakwood management posted notes about this all over the property - we were originally concerned this would disrupt our sleep).

Oakwood is definitely our place of choice when we are visiting Jakarta again. Thank you Oakwooders for making our visit to Jakarta special and memorable.

Only tip: corners of the shower start to look slimy. A more thorough cleaning is needed.

• Stayed December 2012
OPCJ-Manager, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Babypink2412

Many thanks for your detailed compliments; I am glad we were able to make yourself and your family comfortable during your recent stay.

Ms Nisa will be commended by way of an award and certificate for her clean and clutter free mentality.

I appreciate your observation on the shower corners and we shall instigate a project to rectify that room and check all others.

Once again many thanks and look forward to accommodating you when you next visit Jakarta.

Kind regards
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We loved our beautiful room. Excellent front desk service with amazing golden retrievers and lab at security. Our room was clean, comfortable and breakfast was delicious. Would highly recommend this hotel to friends and would definitely return.
Only negative was a humming noise outside of building during our stay. Not sure exactly what the noise is from ... A/C unit maybe?

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Taytay, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The first time I went here, I stayed for almost a month. This hotel is a like a mini-home, so it is really good for a long stay. Its location is perfectly convenient as well. There are restaurants, supermarket and drugstore nearby. There's also a mall across. The price of food (even for room service) is also just right.

They just need to improve on their amenities. Sometimes, I need to ask for soaps as they do not replenish this as regularly. And the body wash and shampoos smell masculine. Then, I think, the bedding needs some thorough cleaning because I get a few rashes. Although i am not sure if i really got those rashes because of the bedding.. or just because the season was quite dry during my visit.

I had stayed in Oakwood twice already. And yes, I still prefer this hotel for long business trips.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very much enjoyed my stay, in almost every aspect it always reach 4 or 5 star.
I can managed to have everything without going out from the room.
I can managed to do everything in comfort.

Comment for improvement:
I noticed need to be improve is the breakfast, very sure that Oakwood can serve 5 star breakfast. Regards

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

OPCJ-Manager, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Oakwood Traveller,

Many thanks for your comments regarding the comfort, spaciousness and convenience of the Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta apartments and the helpful disposition of our associate team.

We are in the process of introducing an a la carte breakfast menu as well as supplementing our breakfast buffet with some additional items. If you are returning to Oakwood Jakarta, please do not hesitate to mention your specific requirements to our restaurant associates and they will try to accommodate them if possible.

Once again, thanks for taking time to compile your comments - much appreciated.

Best regards
OPCJ-Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband regularly stays at the Oakwood for work and I joined him this time for a few days. Very comfortable rooms with excellent service. Great security and convenient shops down below.
A better range of cereal would be good for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Divermin,

Your comments are most appreciated and we shall be sure to pass them onto our associate team.

We are in the process of including some muesli, granola and porridge oat options in our cereal selection and hope to have that up and running soon to add to the 4 cereal choices we currently provide.

Many thanks
OPCJ-Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

my husband has been in Jakarta since november 2011. Since then he has made Oakwood his home. I and our 2 daughters joined him for a long duration stay in july 2012.we have gradually shifted from a 1 bedroom , to 2 bedroom and then to a 3 bedroom apartment in oakwood each time loving the interiors as well as the different view offered by the rooms.Once in a while we vote as a family to shift to other housing colonies with simiar or maybe better amenities.but believe me every time we all have voted in favor of oakwood!In all the 3 apartments we have lived in we have had the experience of wonderful helpers, who are true to their job,honest,and most importantly always smiling.No wonder it has been said that Indonesians are the happiest people in the world.Oakwood has been like a home awayfrom home to me and my family.My husband's office at Sudirman is close by,as also mydaughters' school.I just have to walk out of Oakwood and there is a plethora of options for me to shop at.I have come here with just a suitcaseful of clothes and have not needed to purchase a thing for my kitchen and my daily needs.....thanx to the ever helpful staff at Oakwood....everybody needs a mention here from the men at the security to the people at the reception,the persons to assist you and help you (with your grocery at times !)near the elevators and ofcourse the excellent housekeepers who have worked tirelessly for us.......need to mention Dini,Eko and Ahmed who helped us in our apartments.Would love to recommend Oakwood to our friends coming from India.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta? Share your experiences!