“home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta

You added Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Dr. Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung Blok E4.2 No. 1 | Mega Kuningan, Jakarta 12950, Indonesia   |
Special Rate
Suite Upgrade Value Deal
Ranked #3 of 325 Hotels in Jakarta
“home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

my husband has been in Jakarta since november 2011. Since then he has made Oakwood his home. I and our 2 daughters joined him for a long duration stay in july 2012.we have gradually shifted from a 1 bedroom , to 2 bedroom and then to a 3 bedroom apartment in oakwood each time loving the interiors as well as the different view offered by the rooms.Once in a while we vote as a family to shift to other housing colonies with simiar or maybe better amenities.but believe me every time we all have voted in favor of oakwood!In all the 3 apartments we have lived in we have had the experience of wonderful helpers, who are true to their job,honest,and most importantly always smiling.No wonder it has been said that Indonesians are the happiest people in the world.Oakwood has been like a home awayfrom home to me and my family.My husband's office at Sudirman is close by,as also mydaughters' school.I just have to walk out of Oakwood and there is a plethora of options for me to shop at.I have come here with just a suitcaseful of clothes and have not needed to purchase a thing for my kitchen and my daily needs.....thanx to the ever helpful staff at Oakwood....everybody needs a mention here from the men at the security to the people at the reception,the persons to assist you and help you (with your grocery at times !)near the elevators and ofcourse the excellent housekeepers who have worked tirelessly for us.......need to mention Dini,Eko and Ahmed who helped us in our apartments.Would love to recommend Oakwood to our friends coming from India.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Excellent Accomodation. The staff are very helpful and really make you feel very welcome. The apartments are very comfortable and the facilities are well provisioned.

The pool is wonderful and a welcome retreat.

Highly Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

OPCJ-Manager, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Oakwood Traveller,

As the pioneer of the serviced apartment concept, Oakwood has spent 50+ years fine-tuning it's offerings and trying to design and present accommodation products which are both aesthetically pleasing, comfortable, flexible and highly functional. Of course, the apartment spaciousness, design and practicality would be nothing without the hospitality services which complete the equation.

Your comments are very much appreciated and I trust you will choose Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta should your travels bring you back to this area again.

Kind regards
OPCJ-Manager
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have stayed at many of Jakarta's 5* hotels but recently tried the Oakwood on a recommendation. Although billed as serviced apartments, the property is run just as a 5* hotel. All the facilities are there: daily maid, room service, restaurant/bar, pool, gym and 24 hour service.

What makes Oakwood a great alternative to a hotel is the spacious rooms. I had a deluxe 1 bd apartment and it was great. Fully fitted out kitchen, lounge room with Plasma and DVD player and a separate bedroom with another big TV, The bathroom is excellent and also houses a washer/dryer if you want to do your own laundry.

The staff are very helpful. The restaurant is a bit quiet and food only OK - you're better off trying one of the number of good restaurants downstairs in the same building. There is also a well stocked supermarket downstairs selling everything you need. Broadband internet is fast but costs $15/d or $40/week.

I'd happily stay here over the Marriot next door. It might not have the buzz of a big hotel but if you want space and a great room, the Oakwood is a great choice.

A word of warning though: The block of land next to the Oakwood is about to built on, assuming a large office or hotel. The rooms will get very noisy during construction. (august 2012).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
OPCJ-Manager, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Manly-sider,

Many thanks for your review, you have captured the essence of the niche accommodation market which Oakwood intends to appeal to.

During August our restaurant offered a Buka Puasa Buffet at sunset, geared to the many companies which celebrate the "Break-fast" with their employees during the month of Ramadhan. However, in addition to this we have a cosmopolitan "a la carte" menu using the best of local and imported ingredients authentically prepared.

Your observation on a new building being constructed on the neighbouring plot is correct. Having personally met with the local authority and the site manager; we have been assured that work will occur between 8.30am and 10.00pm from Monday through Saturday. Our Security and Front Office associates monitor this and any disturbance caused by variance from this schedule is immediately reported to the Site supervisor and, so far, work suspended.

The piling is almost complete and the excavation work is due for completion by end of November 2012; whereafter the less distracting "normal" tower construction will ensue.

Once again, many thanks for your input - much appreciated.

Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I am a Marriot Premium Level Guest and also a Starwood and Hilton Honors member.

I recently checked into Oakwood for long term stay due to the need to be in Jakarta for long term project. I found the hospitality service comparable to most 5 star but with 5 star prices.

What is lacking in Oakwood is sensitivity?
1) Normally when checked in we pay post when we leave - Oakwood demanded 1 month deposit in advance and $300USD for food and incidentals
2) Next, they provided invoice 6 weeks in advance of due date & demanded the payment on 1st on each month.
3) Charge in US rate but at much higher exchange rate. Thus benefiting again from the exchange rate.
4) Sales staff were insensitive (as being a long term stay) i asked for an early check i.e.. 10am before a 12 noon check in, she told me they wanted extra charges or use the GYM shower!

I find Oakwood mgmt/sales office = insensitive, not tactful and pure & simply trying to "rip you off".

Location is their advantage in Kuningan
Staff courtesy for daily events at par with any 5 star hotels; not better at PAR.
Sales process & billing & sensitivity = POOR. Its all about money for them!

If you don't want to get billed before your stay I suggest avoid Oakwood.

Room Tip: Just watch your wallet!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
OPCJ-Manager, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear albertkjtan

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to clarify some differences between serviced apartment and hotel procedures, more specifically, in invoicing policies. You see, for short-stays of less than 30 days, as with a typical hotel, the procedure is the same – we take a credit card swipe and the bill is settled upon check-out. However, for stays of 30 or more days, the system becomes one of a lease or rental agreement.

You have helped me realize that our team has to be more diligent in highlighting such terms to the guest upon the signing of the rental agreement, thank you for this.

I regret the inconvenience we have caused you and hope that the remainder of your stay is enjoyable.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Informed Oakwood about 1 week prior to my departure of my flight details and arrival time at CGK airport and quite quickly customer service replied that they have booked a Silverbird taxi for me at the airport. Even provided me with the booking number and airport layout where the taxi counters were! Much appreciated, considering the notoriety of Jakarta taxis.

Check in went without any hassles, although it took them a while to find me an apt on the higher floors, which I had requested much earlier when I made my reservation. They had wanted to assign an apt on a low floor, much to my dismay! I spent the hour in the 3rd level cafe having some Indonesian sates and nasi goreng while they sorted out my room. By the way, the main lobby was plush and reminiscent of the living room of an opulent home. Security was tight considering they were located in the Kuningan business area near JWMarriott – they even use full-time sniff dogs at both front and rear entrances.

What excited me in my 1 bdrm exec apt was the use of dimmer control for all the lightings, including those in the kitchen and bathroom. I have not seen this feature being fully implemented in any other hotels or serviced apts. This not only help to save electricity costs but also provide the possibility of creating a nice soft ambience in the rooms, and also when we want only a glimmer of light, not the full strength in the toilet when we sleep. Oakwood also provides better than average utensils and glasswares, eg. Spiegelau crystal wine glasses, Narumi fine bone china plates, Teka oven, Ariston washing machine & dryer, etc. I find it odd, though, that the washing machine is placed inside the already smallish toilet. I was told all 1 bdrm apts do not come with bath-tubs, which was another disappointment as I was looking forward to soaking myself in the Crabtree & Evelyn products which I brought along. I was prepared to fork out more for a 2-bdrm apt with bath-tub but was told they were running full house during the period. Oh well.

Breakfast each morning at the level 3 restaurant was very pleasant. This eatery was huge with many tables (separate room for smokers), and the food variety sufficient. There was always a chef to whiff up the special omelette or sunny side.

The gym is on the smallish side but has ample machines. The running treadmills were fully occupied when I went there twice, so I had to use the stair-climbing machine.

Another unusual and pleasant touch is that Oakwood as a serviced apt provides newspaper to my room each morning – I welcome this very much. I have stayed in many service apts in Asia, esp Somersets, Grand Mecures, etc and I have to buy my own newspaper always.

Apparently, my room package does not include internet connectivity and it costs US$15 per day. In this day and age, I find it rather absurd that rooms do not come with internet access.

But on the whole, my take is that this Oakwood property is much better than most serviced apts in terms of service, infrastructure and maintenance, and it helps being situated in a prime location and with ample essential outlets within the complex – a pharmacy, a high-end supermarket with a side café to order nasi goreng and steaks, several eating outlets like Penang Bistro, Pancake Parlour, Indonesian café, Starbucks, and even a Ya Kun Coffee stall. Two front desk officers deserve special mention for outstanding and courteous service – Natan and Reza. They took my requests seriously and were thorough in recommending a good tour agency for city and Bogor/Puncak trips. Thanks much, guys!

I would recommend this Oakwood property to anyone without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you want a bath-tub, you have to go for the 2-bdrm apts
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The property is quite new and well maintained. Service quality in terms of staff, daily cleaning and facility maintenance has been consistent throughout. Room size may not be as generous as the other serviced apartment blocks available in Jakarta.

It is also conveniently located and the residents can find the necessary amenities in the mall downstairs and many choices of restaurants nearby.

The only things, as far as I am concerned, that someone looking to stay at Oakwood should consider are (especially for long stay):

- there is no balcony to the rooms and all the windows are sealed (perhaps for the very good safety reasons). but the trouble is that you would not get any fresh air and will have to always live with the central air-cond system.

- the ergonomics of the furniture is poor (especially the sofa set in the living room - sorry that I am not 6-foot tall). Fortunately, I don't really spend a lot of time watching TV and sitting on the sofa. Otherwise, it can create back problem for me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I've stayed at the Oakwood a couple of times in both the 1BR Executive and 1BR Deluxe over the last three or four months

I will stay here again - the place is comfortable, clean, convenient and given the extra space, good value. Like most serviced apartments, this is just the sort of place one would like to stay for a medium to long term, rather than a single roomed hotel.

There's places to eat nearby, a convenience store downstairs, and shopping mall(s) a short walk away.

The gym is small, and apparently can get busy at times, although when I went first thing in the morning, it was quite.

Security checks include sniffer dogs and metal detectors, although I am personally cynical about the effectiveness of such inspections.

There is construction in the vicinity, and I understand from colleagues who stayed for several months earlier this year that there can be noise from the construction activity. I didn't experience this personally - but maybe a room on the other side of the building might be best.

Internet access is wireless and cable and I have no complaints about speed and wireless coverage. However, I did experience outage for an hour or so due to some internet infrastructure problems at the hotel.

Subject to room availability, I expect to back in a few weeks. My stays are usually short, and rooms at the Oakwood have not always been available when I've travelled to JKT in the past.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Been to Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta? Share your experiences!