“One of the best hotels in Jakarta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indonesia Kempinski

You added Hotel Indonesia Kempinski to your Saves list
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. MH Thamrin No.1, Jakarta 10310, Indonesia (Menteng)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Smart Weekend Rate
Ranked #13 of 345 Hotels in Jakarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
“One of the best hotels in Jakarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I had four days again at the hotel. It is a historic hotel!! And also great hotel for business. The service executive lounge serve very good and the breakfast was delicious!!! What I love most delious fruit! I really like a servicer guy here. He is very kind.
The hotel connects Grand shopping mall and next is a luxury mall so very convenience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for coming back to stay with us. We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed our executive lounge. It was our pleasure to serve you and we will be happy to see you again in the future!

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Reserved the Grand Deluxe room, very expensive. But the views, size of the rooms, beds, furniture's, toilet, very big bath tub makes it feels worth it.
Except.. The need for me to call the housekeeping every morning to get additional hotel amenity like soap, cotton buds, shampoo, bath robe, etc.
I can't believe they only provide hotel amenity for one person, even though the toilet is so big it even has 2 mirrors and washing stand.
Very very stingy, and annoying. Aside from that, well.. if you have cars, the good thing is that they give guests free parking. But the bad thing is that you have to be prepared to get no parking spot at weekends because the hotel parking spot is connected directly to Grand Indonesia itself, which makes the Hotel guest who are actually stayed at the hotel to have difficulties in parking their car. Or in some cases you can't get a parking spot at all. Which is silly. Because you can't even go to your hotel room now and forced to go round and round in the parking ground and can only pray that one of the Grand Indonesia visitors to leave.
And I also didn't get free breakfast for the expensive price that I paid for this room -.-

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comment. We regret that our standard set up in our guest rooms was not provided in your room even after acknowledging our staff. This must not have happened and we have reviewed our trainings to ensure all standards are met every time.

Our rates do not include breakfast unless we offer special promotions or packages, we regret if this was not pointed out to you clearly upon reservation. Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings in our service and communication to you.

Valbonne, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I normally spend three months per year in Indonesia for many years. I have tried all hotels in Jakarta where i have been travelling for the last 32 years; the best is now Hotel Indonesia. It is like a second home to me. All the staff is very polite and friendly , they greet me even if we meet ten times per day! Because of the length of the stay, I am upgraded and i can use the lounge. Very peaceful lounge, well designed, with a fantastic view on Bundara HI. Breakfast is great : they have so many different type of excellent breads, Sandwich during the day, in the evening excellent canapés for diner time and all sorts of wine. Huge bedroom and bathroom :fantastic mattress, well designed desk with a good internet service . The fact that Hotel Kempinski is part of the Grand Indonesia Mall is also very convenient: shopping, many restaurants of all types, top of the line cinemas, massage. I can stay at the hotel for a week without really moving out as I fix many meetings in the lounge ! On sundays , i can run on from Monas to Senayan , nearly 18km return as they close the avenues to cars..The staff is always ready to help and assist me in my needs, they even know my habits, what i like and do not like....a second family to me! thanks a lot and for sure i will continue to come and visit you each time I come to Indonesia!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel to stay for your annual visit to Indonesia. We do treat our guests as a family. And we are happy to hear that you took advantage of our central location for both business and leisure. We are looking forward welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Nope I haven't stayed in all the hotels in Jakarta...... but Kempinski definitely cut it for me. The hotel is located at one of the best spots in town and is directly connected to Grand Indonesia, one of Jakarta's largest malls. The room, I must say, was luxury at its best. Extremely spacious and tastefully decorated, I had a cosy area which could sit up to 6 people and a bathroom bigger than my bedroom back home. Bathroom was one of the best I've seen - Automatic toilet bowl with so many functions than you'll ever used, water temperature didn't take too long to adjust when switched from handheld to rain shower, and you could watch TV and take in the city view while soaking in the bathtub. The only flaw was probably the quality of their toiletries (shampoo, soap, lotion, tootnbrush all included) not matching to expectations. The lotion, in particularly, was non-absorbent and had a funny smell. Also didn't quite like the narrow corridor leading to the rooms.

Other than that, service was prompt - you get housekeeping knocking on your door promptly every morning asking to clean your room and providing laundry service. Breakfast selection was great too with a wide assortment of Indonesian and International cuisines. I personally loved the Bubur Ayam (Indonesian chicken congee) with the curry chicken stock and some toppings.

Definitely coming back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed staying with us and overall met your expectations. As a matter of fact we are working on a new toiletry series for improvement of the quality and satisfaction to our guests. Another thing to look forward to for when you come back to stay with us.

Bali, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My company used Hotel Indonesia Kempinski for an official meeting event with other foreign government official..however we did not get the 5 star hotel service that the staffs should give. Me and my colleagues really disappointed with the overall services. Once we walk on the hotel alley on the way to our meeting room and meet in coincidence with one of the housekeeping staff. She did not greet us by saying good morning, instead she just walk by and seemed pretending that we did not exist. Once after lunch we are going back to our meeting room on 8th floor and meet with 2 engineering staffs who just got out from a guest room, they also did not greet us and just walk pass by us.

It is even more inconvenience at Signature Restaurant. It appears that the waiters there were only willing to serve the fancy looking guests. They did not seemed to care with the ordinary looking people. During our lunch break at the restaurant, I have to raise my hands many times just to call a waiter to refill my glass with water, on the other hand I personnaly observe that there are more than 2 waiters standing by in a corner to serve a group of female socialites who had gathering event at the restaurant. I also noticed that there are more than 2 waiters standing by to serve a table where one of the richest lawyer in Indonesia is having lunch with his other 7 collagues. So I guess that they are more care with rich and high ranking people coming to this hotel rather than the ordinary guests.

During coffe break in the meeting the waiters are very rude and did not give a five star services that we deserve from this hotel. There is no single banquet staff who control the work of the waiters.

What makes it more disappointing is that no official apologize addressed to our office by hotel management even after we addressed the complain to Marketing Staffs and Manager on Duty after the event. It seems that our complains are nothing and perhaps the hotel has already had their own market even if some of the customers are disappointed. Overall, it is not a recommended hotel for official/in uniform government event .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
It is with great regret that we learn about your disappointment about your stay in our hotel if it comes to the overall service and feeling mistreated by our staff. It is our rule to treat every guest the same regardless of who they are.

Please accept our sincere apologies for not making you feel welcome in our hotel and that the Manager on Duty that is part of the Hotel Management Team did not recover appropriately with the organizer when the concern was brought up.

We wish you would give us a second chance to proof to you what Kempinski stands for.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

1. Location is central with plenty of taxis available to take you anywhere. This is important as I visit clients every day. 2. Room is nice & big. Nice toilet. the only thing you will notice is the small space to place your toiletries. But you will adjust. 3. Nice big TV with lots of channels.. i think my particular TV had issues with some channels .. no volume but I wasn't too worried as I was working most of the time. 4. Friendly staff 5. Food is great. plenty of variety 6. connected to the Mall next door so didn't have to travel too far to do a little of shopping. Great business hotel / or if you like to do shopping. Free WiFi was important to me as I don't like to turn on data roaming. Great place if you invite clients for meetings.

Room Tip: make sure you have 2 key cards.. just incase 1 card does not work.
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel is centrally located, very close to the shopping malls and convenient access to public transport.

My room and the bathroom were spacious and clean. The toilet was impressive, with automatic panels on the side. The bath tub was also big and in my room, it was facing the fountain. Having a bubble bath at night, watching the traffic in the roundabout was quite an experience.

Service was excellent. Check in and check out times were quick and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was superb with extensive choices of food. It was quite busy, though, so if you expect a quiet breakfast, that would be a challenge.

It's worth every penny and I'd recommend this hotel if budget is not an issue.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the fountain in the higher floor (above 7th floor)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indonesia Kempinski? Share your experiences!