“totally pampered” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indonesia Kempinski

You added Hotel Indonesia Kempinski to your Saves list
Hotel Indonesia Kempinski
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. MH Thamrin No.1, Jakarta 10310, Indonesia (Menteng)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Smart Weekend Rate
Ranked #13 of 345 Hotels in Jakarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“totally pampered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

you can almost get lost in the lush bedding - plenty cushions, huge bed, very comfortable! the desk is big and has multi plugs, so no need for adaptors. only the amount of brochures, information and paperwork is too much! the bathrooms are huge with the luxury of two sinks - but the fully automated toilet which senses your approach (and much more) is over the top for my taste. one gripe, thou| this was not a busy time in Jakarta, and I joined a big group that hasd not only booked many roo s but also conference facilities - yet the staff was totally inflexible when a misunderstanding about an early check in that was not needed (but admittedly not communicated clearly by the booker) was discovered. the hotel insisted on charging for the extra night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking a time to share your opinions with us. We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated the services we delivered to you. We will be happy to assist you with your next conference and event also in the future!

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

" LOVE THE LITTLE ATTENTION "
Had Breakfast and Dinner on 3rd of May with my colleague from French ( he stayed at your Hotel ) at Signatures Restaurant which was Spacious. The service was good. Its my First time to had dinner in Signatures Restaurant. ( i am from Riau and i am
Not stayed in your Hotel ) It's a good business Hotel & is well Located in a new Upcoming Business District.
Like 5Stars Hotel, this Hotel was also up to my expectation ( and More ! ). Everything was Perfect ( on our side especially my French Colleague ) during our Bfast and Dinner all of your staff so Friendly. Specially to Indy & Bernita ( when We had dinner on 3rd of May 13 ) eventhough that nite they r busy but they still have time to pay attention to our table.
My next Dinner with my family Indy handle our table and her Help my wife about the food regarding my wife is vegetarian. Indy choosed the food for my wife & she loved so much Focaccia ( indy choosed Grilled Veg Panini for my wife ). My wife so be Thankfull to Indy, Bernita & Tito as well on that night.
This week my last day in Jakarta ... But almost a week I didn't see Indy In Signatures Restaurant We want to say THANK YOU because of Her me & my family can have a great vacation during my stayed in jakarta. Her suggest me to visit a Little Island near Jakarta. She knows everything about Island and Mountain.
Special Thanks from my French Colleague goes to Indy For all the information about jakarta and Indonesia and he likes your French pronounce.
Once Again My Hat tip goes to Indy and all Signatures staff during my French stayed.
if i compare with other 5 star Hotel, I better choosed Hotel Indonesia Kempinski .

Next visit we will book for Lunch or dinner and I hope We can still meet both of you.

A tiny note for Improvement : for Buffeet Not Much Variety Menu.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Personalized service is of great importance for Kempinski and feedback such as yours always inspires us to consistently provide our guests with the best level of service.

We will be happy to welcome you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Weekend can be super crowded. Especially during long weekend, fasting month (Ramadhan), school holiday (Mid June-mid July) or Hari Raya Puasa (Eid al-Fitr).

Please ask for room that is facing the Bundaran Hotel (roundabout).

Breakfast is always superb. I like its bubur ayam (Indonesian's style chicken porridge).

There is some superb hair-saloons nearby : Alfons Salon: Grand Indonesia, East Mall 3rd Fl Unit 46 tel 2358-1060 or just cross the road and go to Lu'Vaze L3# 84,85,95. Ph:(021)310 7614. Making an appointment in advance is recommended. Ask for a senior hair-stylist.

Many descent eating places nearby: Cafe Betawi Grand Indonesia, West Mall LG Fl Unit 08
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No. 1. I love its soto Betawi, pempek and kue rangi.

Ismaya Catering and Social House that have the same owner are also recommeded. If you come to Social House or SoHo in the evening ask for seats near to the glass door cos you have beautiful view looking at the Bundaran H.I.

Marche.

Ninety Nine

Takemori

If you cross the road and go to Plaza Indonesia, there are more choices:
Paparazi restaurant provides Italian food at Plaza Indonesia Basement Floor, Sushi Tei on the first floor,

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Bundaran Hotel. If you travel with a senior family member, ask for a sp...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a lovely comment on TripAdvisor. We are always very happy to hear such a positive feedback from our valuable guests. We agree that view to Budaran roundabout is just stunning and that’s why we always recommend our guests to reserve a room with the view to make their stay even nicer.
We are looking forward to meet you again at the Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta!

With kind regards
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here a couple of times with no problems. As everyone else has mentioned, the property is linked to one mall and opposite another, so it is a great convenience for shopping and groceries. The breakfast is so-so but you can always walk 5 minutes to social house instead.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is my 3rd time staying at the Hotel Indonesia Kempinski. I always stay here whenever I travel on business. The hotel is located next to the shopping mall. I stayed at the Grand Deluxe Room which was so spacious with elegant decorations. I could see the welcome monument from my window. Not to mention the over-size bathtub, I never say no to spend half an hour in it.

This time I ordered foods from in-room dining service. I called them at 6 p.m. and told them that I'd love to have my dinner in my room at 8:30 p.m. when I come back to the room. I returned at 8:25 p.m. and you know what they really followed my instruction, never late never early, exactly 8:30 p.m. the dinner was delivered. This is so impressive.

I surely will stay here again next time.

Room Tip: Grand Deluxe Room with the monument view :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to read your positive review and glad that we could contribute making your trip to Indonesia a great experience.

Thank you once again for your thoughtful feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Our trip started with an efficient hotel pick up from the airport in a BMW. Grand hotel entrance, Beautiful Grand Deluxe Room with a view of central Jakarta, massive bath tub for 2, funky buttons n selections in the bathroom n the perfect location of being right next to Grand Indonesia. Room service at the hotel was nice. The spa is a must try! In all, a super romantic place to be! Thank you Kempinski Jakarta.... We'll be back :)

• Stayed May 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a nice hotel in Indonesia, stayed for 2 nights to attend friend's wedding. The distance from the hotel to airport without any traffic takes only 45mins. The deluxe room itself is big enough for 2 persons staying. You can also spend your time at Grand Indonesia shopping mall, or you can go to their fitness center at the 17th floor. They offer a wide variety of gym equipment, friend staff, and the view is not bad too from the top, Overall, this is a good hotel.
The only annoying part is the wifi connection, it only allows 3 hours of free connection and you have to reconnect again and again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Indonesia Kempinski? Share your experiences!